Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Sad sight this morning...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:17 AM
candyman168 is on a distinguished road
Definitely NOT insured!

Exotics here are never insured, they only come out once a week!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:39 AM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
This will continue happening again and again unless spineless Ferrari owners swallow their pride and rise up against an obviously defective design.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:36 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Audihenry there are other cars that catch on fire too. Actually while on Oahu last week I saw a mercedes engulfed in flames. Just wanted to enlighten you that every manufacturers car can catch on fire. It is a side effect when you have things made with gas, electric, fabric, etc. You catch the drift.

Aloha

Byron

Old 07-23-2007, 07:28 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
the post on paneristi was made by a friend of mine who was also with us. the pictures posted here and on other sites are mostly from his camera. there's also a video that has just surfaced on youtube, taken by someone driving by. here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF4OKkvg_h8

i have a much more extensive video, but haven't gotten around to uploading it yet.

its quite sad because the night before we did the run, the F430 owner was planning on taking his E60 M5, and I convinced him to take the Ferrari, because we were planning to do a video of a roll-on between his car and mine.

He was driving behind me for much of the time, but then we broke up into two groups, with me in the lead group, and he in the group behind. My friends were frantically calling me on my mobile to get me to turn around because I was the only one with a fire extinguisher (clubsport package on the GT3). By the time I noticed my phone was ringing, it was too late

He told me that he was just driving along normally, and when he glanced in his rear view mirror, he already saw the flames licking out. Another friend following behind him got sprayed with some kind of fluid, most likely oil, and thought the Ferrari had suffered some kind of engine failure.

Sad sight obviously, and hopefully Ferrari will somehow sort the matter out by replacing the car and addressing what is obviously some serious flaw. But in the end, no one was injured, and a car is just a car.

Cheers.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:45 PM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
I'm glad no one was hurt. Goodluck to your buddy.

Now i know why a fire extinguisher is on option for the F430, (because the GT3 is ways away).

Old 07-23-2007, 11:46 PM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by candyman168
Definitely NOT insured!

Exotics here are never insured, they only come out once a week!
sorry to thread jack, are those 20"s tech art? nice.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:44 AM
BAD ASH is on a distinguished road
That was the car from Quaker State commercial, Seems that oil works perfectly.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:08 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Audihenry there are other cars that catch on fire too. Actually while on Oahu last week I saw a mercedes engulfed in flames. Just wanted to enlighten you that every manufacturers car can catch on fire. It is a side effect when you have things made with gas, electric, fabric, etc. You catch the drift.

Aloha

Byron
But by Production #s/On Fire #s ratio i bet the F430 is #1 on that list of any car in this world.

Alan

Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Gabriel will become famous soon enough
And I thought it was the Lambo's thing to burn down...

On a more serious note that is just sad and wrong. I am glad everyone is ok.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 6088TTS
But by Production #s/On Fire #s ratio i bet the F430 is #1 on that list of any car in this world.

Alan
Can you post where you saw this fact?

Thank you in advance.

Aloha

Byron

Old 07-24-2007, 11:52 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Looks like Mexicoblue let his mechanic drive his ferrari...

Old 07-24-2007, 12:26 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
The hood and headlights appear salvagable....

Old 07-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Ritesh will become famous soon enough
Tubi Exhaust for sale. FIRE SALE

Just sad. It would be so painful to watch that happen.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Booost This is on a distinguished road
That car is hot even when its on fire!

Sucks for the owner thought.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:51 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
That will buff right out!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sad sight this morning...