Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

My 200-stall garage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:17 PM
thull is on a distinguished road
My 200-stall garage

More of an introduction really...

I am currently living in a condo downtown and I have 3 garage stalls in the mass-storage garage we have - unfortunately nowhere to store my car stuff, can't have a lift, toolboxes, etc etc so I'm afraid I can't hold a candle to most of the garage threads here, but I figured this would be the most relevant forum to post my growing collection.

In a few years I will build a home and use my inspiration from this forum to build my own garage, but for now I wanted to introduce myself and my vehicles and let everyone know I would be lurking more often

So, obligatory picture of where the cars are parked, my M3 is in this picture in it's parking stall, and my other two stalls are next to it. The Land Rover is my neighbors and unfortunately he will not entertain my offers to buy it.

The car is an 89 BMW M3, I have owned it since '98 and have had a lot of fun modifying it through the years. At this point it is mostly stripped-down to the essentials and about 2500 pounds, the engine is a 2.5l version of the S14 with about 275hp. Suspension is Turner JS track spec and it is on R-compound tires. Needless to say it gets around the corners pretty quick! For more detailed info, I created a mini-site for it here.

On the way to Road America, my father's Monaco Signature 40' motorcoach:

My next car, a 2004 Pontiac GTO. I have always loved American muscle and at the price I paid when they were giving these away in 05 I had to ****** it up. Modifications are the 19" wheels, long-tube headers and custom tune. Inside I have added NAV, heated seats, and a huge stereo, the creature comforts for cruisin. I was going to do more power mods but I think I will sell it soon and acquire an Audi S5.

And the final vehicle, a 2002 X5 4.6iS. This is mostly stock, because as-is it is an excellent vehicle. I think I will replace the stereo system soon as it is growing tired but otherwise, it comes with everything.

Hope you all enjoy!

Old 11-02-2007, 08:12 PM
CondorCGT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Welcome

Hey thull thanks for sharing your cars with us here. Your cars looks great Love the M3 they are great on the Nurburgring, enjoy and update us with any new edition to the family

Old 11-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

After looking through all of the amazing collections here I figured you could be one of the most likely to appreciate the 'old' M-car. Looking through your thread is truly a testament to a driving enthusiast!

Someday I would love to drive my car on the Nurburgring, a religious trek for an M3 to say the least! Unfortunately I think the closest I will come to that track in the foreseeable future will be on my Xbox lol

Old 11-02-2007, 08:55 PM
CondorCGT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Nur

Originally Posted by thull
Thanks for the welcome!

After looking through all of the amazing collections here I figured you could be one of the most likely to appreciate the 'old' M-car. Looking through your thread is truly a testament to a driving enthusiast!

Someday I would love to drive my car on the Nurburgring, a religious trek for an M3 to say the least! Unfortunately I think the closest I will come to that track in the foreseeable future will be on my Xbox lol
You never know anything is possible and if you do let me know we will meet there.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:59 PM
.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about
Is that an Estoril X5?

Old 11-02-2007, 09:00 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
Nice autos. That Defender is crazy pimp and mega rare.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:09 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Man, that old skool M3 is beautiful! You have done an excellent job taking care of her!

Old 11-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by .bg.
Is that an Estoril X5?
Yes good eye it was a 4.6is only color, and even more rare on the early production 4.8is

Originally Posted by waffle blossums
Nice autos. That Defender is crazy pimp and mega rare.
I know I want it really bad but he won't budge. The sad thing is that he has not driven it in at LEAST a year, not ONCE. Pretty soon the roads will be salted and it'll sit for another year. I have a feeling it will succumb to dry rot before it is enjoyed.

Originally Posted by GSlider
Man, that old skool M3 is beautiful! You have done an excellent job taking care of her!
Thank you! I have more plans for it over this winter/next spring I will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:08 PM
.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by thull
Yes good eye it was a 4.6is only color, and even more rare on the early production 4.8is.
That truck really is beautiful. Take good care of it.

I'd like to get one to match my estoril m3 one day.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Abraham996 is on a distinguished road
Okay..that 89 M3 is awesome! Really clean!

Old 11-03-2007, 06:37 PM
BusyLivin has a little shameless behaviour in the past
it's time to steal your neighbor's car and move it yourself. Lift it up, put it on some rollers and push it to that spot where your m3 is. He won't trade spots with you at least? that's nuts!

anyway that is a gorgeous E30. My friend is working on an E30 project right now. Swapping an S50 into is '91 318i. such awesome cars.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
i love that M3

Old 11-03-2007, 07:36 PM
CaRJoE0220 will become famous soon enoughCaRJoE0220 will become famous soon enough
Which building are you in downtown? or address (dont worry haha) I have been actually looking at condos downtown and im interested. parking is my main concern, did you get to rent out more then typical garages or do you just live in the penthouse ;-) haha

Old 11-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks again guys!

Originally Posted by .bg.
That truck really is beautiful. Take good care of it.

I'd like to get one to match my estoril m3 one day.
That would be a nice combo - Estoril is one of my favorite BMW colors, especially on the E36.

Originally Posted by BusyLivin
it's time to steal your neighbor's car and move it yourself. Lift it up, put it on some rollers and push it to that spot where your m3 is. He won't trade spots with you at least? that's nuts!

anyway that is a gorgeous E30. My friend is working on an E30 project right now. Swapping an S50 into is '91 318i. such awesome cars.
My spots are next to the M3, not next to the Land Rover. I wish I had those spots though they are right by the door. At least I stay in shape having to walk lol

I used to have a 91 318iS and was so close to doing an S50 swap. Two of my friends locally have S52 swaps that are insane - the red and white ones that made the cover of Roundel last year, if you read it. They are such fun cars and ridiculous torque in the chassis, especially if they are modded.

Originally Posted by CaRJoE0220
Which building are you in downtown? or address (dont worry haha) I have been actually looking at condos downtown and im interested. parking is my main concern, did you get to rent out more then typical garages or do you just live in the penthouse ;-) haha
The building is 'The Lofts at International Market Square' and I definitely recommend it. I only own one stall but am renting the 2 additional spots. When I bought the unit I only drove the GTO and the other cars were kept in storage so I didn't see the need for the extra $20k for another spot. If you haven't looked here already you should check it out. The units are very nice and the neighbors are great. Right now a lot of units are for sale, and because of the market conditions they are a steal. Come 2010 though, the Twins Stadium will be a couple blocks away and there will be a lot of development in the surrounding area so it should turn for the better.

If you are interested in more details PM me and I can share more info.

Last edited by thull; 11-04-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
You never know anything is possible and if you do let me know we will meet there.
If I could have a shot at driving some of your cars I'll be on the next plane out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 200-stall garage