Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Just another dream garage under construction, but this one is MINE!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 03:24 PM
mountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to behold
It would be a nicer house with your cars in the garage!

Old 11-06-2007, 03:51 PM
donc808 is on a distinguished road
what's going to be the sq ft. of the house

Old 11-06-2007, 03:56 PM
mountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to behold
about 8k with the nannies unit

Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
donc808 is on a distinguished road
wow! can't wait to follow your build

Old 11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
live2boutside is on a distinguished road
that's awesome that you get to build the house that you want. got to love a 5 car garage. those views are incredible. good luck to you. i'm looking forward to the rest of this thread.

how long did it take you to finalize that floor plan ?

Old 11-06-2007, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by donc808
wow! can't wait to follow your build
Wow is right I have never lived in anything bigger than 2400 sqft and spent many a year living in 600. This is a dream come true for my wife and I

Old 11-06-2007, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by live2boutside
that's awesome that you get to build the house that you want. got to love a 5 car garage. those views are incredible. good luck to you. i'm looking forward to the rest of this thread.

how long did it take you to finalize that floor plan ?

Yes we have been very lucky to put this together on this lot, I sit and stare out the window, or where the window will be every day.

As for the floor plan I have been working as a General contractor for 15 some years, have my brokers lic (try not to hold that against me) and build homes to sell, as well as custom projects so my wife and I are around homes and building non stop. I love what I do and immerse myself in it!
So when we drove up to the lot it was simple, garage goes there, master there, great room here.
What took time was dialing in all the little details and style of the house and getting it all down on paper. We had a great architect who really helped pull it all together. Start to fininsh of design to complete drawings was about 5 months and hopefully I can hold build time to about a year.

Thanks for being involved!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:04 AM
1SIKCAB is on a distinguished road
fantastic floor plan, breath taking views, and a p-car. does life get any better? best of luck with the project/build. looking forward to following this thread!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Amazing plans and views!

We will enjoy following your progress.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Deebo16 is on a distinguished road
This looks like it will be an amazing house. Plus you really can't beat the view you will have on a daily basis.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:46 AM
thanks guys, this is a labor of love!

1sikcab only one more thing I want, and that is for a healthy baby and wife as she is due in about 5 weeks!

Old 11-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Blank slate

OK we cleaned out the garage in preperation for our window delivery that is due in next week. Can't wait to get them installed and turn on the heaters. it is 24F in the mountains this morning. Here is the pics of the garage

Garage is three wide with two bays being 2+ deep and one single. I am considerding closing off the far two bays for the nice cars under the steel beam to keep that area extra clean but I think it would bum me out to not see them everyday. Any thoughts?

Old 11-07-2007, 08:10 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
closing the space might increase the chance of an accident while moving vehicles around.

given your expertise, I was wondering if you were going to finish the floor. and if so with what??

Old 11-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Part two for the day

You guys have to tell me if you want continued house shots as this is supposed to be a garage forum. If you want I will do whole house updates (not as often as I am posting the last 5 months of work now)but if not we can stick to the garage so speak up and let me know. Here are what the house looks like today.

This is the tower and the last hole to plug before the show (forecast for sunday) Positive thoughts for us because this was taken at sunrise this morning.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
closing the space might increase the chance of an accident while moving vehicles around.

given your expertise, I was wondering if you were going to finish the floor. and if so with what??
I like the epoxy mix with the chips, not sure of name brand but a friend just did one yesterday that I am going to check out this week. More to follow as I do research, hope to get some help here with ideas

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Just another dream garage under construction, but this one is MINE!!