Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Just another dream garage under construction, but this one is MINE!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 PM
mountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 997seal
MountainC4 -

Floor plan looks nice and well thought out. I am a general contractor in California and had a quick question for you on the two bathrooms up stairs. The ones that service the bedrooms, not the guest suite. What style of tub are you considering on the tub/shower combos? Material, depth, etc? if you know.

Ryan

We are using Kohler Medota's. They are cast iron and I believe the bathing well it 20" or so.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Alexi is on a distinguished road
Very nice! Projects such as these keep me coming back to the garage forum to see the latest updates! Good luck with the project!

Old 11-17-2007, 01:43 PM
mountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to behold
update photos

Ok weather has been kind but due to a snafu on ordering a major connection was missed from the truss manufacturer so we were delayed closing up the roof. But we are back on track now and moving forward

location of missing bracket!

Shameless plug for my company!

If all goes well we will close up the roof this week. Windows are being installed now on the back of the house.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:23 PM
jaffster is on a distinguished road
Very architectural, I like it.

What are your plans for the exterior surfacing?

Any Skylights? I assume the dome will be a lot of glass?

I did not see a lower level on the plans, was there any basement planned, or is your main level the lowest point?

Last edited by jaffster; 11-17-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by jaffster
Very architectural, I like it.

What are your plans for the exterior surfacing?

Any Skylights? I assume the dome will be a lot of glass?

I did not see a lower level on the plans, was there any basement planned, or is your main level the lowest point?

We are using a reclaimed barnwood for siding and lots of moss rock as well.
we should start getting some up over the next few weeks

No skylights, because there are two kinds. Those that leak and those that are going to leak! Seriously they don't hold up well in the mountains with the snow and ice. The roof will have 4-6 feet of snow on it at times.

The tower will be roofed with a standing seam copper system.

As you walk into the tower you wil be on a steel and glass bridge though!

The main level is ground level as you walk in and the 2nd level is actually the down stairs and it is walk out as well. All of the main level(upper) has vaulted ceilings.

As for the architect he is the best!!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:07 PM
jaffster is on a distinguished road
Ah, very nice. Yea, i figured some stone/rock would be used, kind of fits the application.

Glass floor sounds nice. I've seen them in a lot of houses lately as a way to make hallways feel larger, and some paths outside be a "showcase" for the deck area.

Just don't let anyone scratch it up

I assume your development company is for residential properties, or do you also do commercial?

Old 11-18-2007, 02:11 PM
DanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to behold
Looking good

Old 11-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by jaffster
Ah, very nice. Yea, i figured some stone/rock would be used, kind of fits the application.

Glass floor sounds nice. I've seen them in a lot of houses lately as a way to make hallways feel larger, and some paths outside be a "showcase" for the deck area.

Just don't let anyone scratch it up

I assume your development company is for residential properties, or do you also do commercial?

Only residential, and a good rug for most of the daily living.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:24 AM
DougM will become famous soon enough
Where do you source your wood beams? I am a builder and have thought about incorporating them into a project.
How long have you been in Vail? On of my college buddies spent about 10 years there working with Vail associates marketing and development.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by DougM
Where do you source your wood beams? I am a builder and have thought about incorporating them into a project.
How long have you been in Vail? On of my college buddies spent about 10 years there working with Vail associates marketing and development.
send me an email about what you are looking for and I can get you a few of my sources. About 16 years now in Vail.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:25 AM
accobra is on a distinguished road
Very big project
Nice

Old 11-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Emor8t is on a distinguished road
Shameless plug for the company and no website? lol sorry. I only notice it these things cause it's part of what I do. But seriously, if you're going to shamelessly plug man, do it right! haha.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Emor8t
Shameless plug for the company and no website? lol sorry. I only notice it these things cause it's part of what I do. But seriously, if you're going to shamelessly plug man, do it right! haha.
Website to be built this winter, we took pictures and started about a month ago. In my bussines it is hard just to get guys to send faxes, let alone into the internet!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by accobra
Very big project
Nice
All you guys with the gt3's are killing me, I want one for my new garage.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Emor8t is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mountainC4
Website to be built this winter, we took pictures and started about a month ago. In my bussines it is hard just to get guys to send faxes, let alone into the internet!

Faxes? People still use those? haha. You should tell them emails more economical!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Just another dream garage under construction, but this one is MINE!!