Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

garage lift question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Banned
lac2s is on a distinguished road
garage lift question

I have a 2 car garage, but always want to buy the 3rd car. I had 3 cars before and it was a pain to move cars in the morning and 1 car get dirty so quick because it was left outside.

I want to install the lift inside my garage so I can get an exotic to drive on weekends. Do I need certain garage height in order to install those lifts? and do I have to have 2 really low sports car when using the lift?

which brand is good, and how much do they run for?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:15 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
may I recommend "search"

also lifts are not magic, height of car a + height of car b + lift (usually 5-6 ")< ceiling height.

measure your ceiling height, check edmunds or other source for car heights, maybe add an inch or two for variance.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:25 AM
GT-Tan is on a distinguished road
I am interested as well. But I heard you have to have a special re-inforce foundation. Hopefully someone with experience will give some quick answer.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:29 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
4 post lifts for storage can sit on any floor as their footprints are similar to your cars.
2 post lifts are a different story.

Like I said there have been several threads on this.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:05 AM
zman is on a distinguished road
4 post lifts are not even bolted to the floor these days. You can move them around with the wheel kit. This makes it very convenient.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:41 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Bendpak 9st