Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

4 post car lifts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:32 PM
bjjgolfguy is on a distinguished road
4 post car lifts

Hello everyone...fairly new to the forum and tried a search, but no luck. Can anybody on here please recommend a quality 4 post car lift. I'm looking to fix up my garage, and a 4 post storage lift is part of the plan. few ?s, is the install easy, hard...how much $ am can I expect to pay to have it professionally installed? do i need to bolt it to the ground? i know there are ones with wheels, but think safety may be an issue...

thx in advance...

Old 04-28-2009, 10:34 AM
raro77 is on a distinguished road
Hi bj,
check out aclifts.com
http://www.aclifts.com/parking/acp-7000.asp The ParkKing goes for $3,995 and installation is not hard. Installers charge around $500 or so. It does not have to be bolted down. Hope this helps

Old 04-28-2009, 10:41 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Only choice is Rotary or Bend Pak. Others may have other opinions. I'm not climbing under others.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
thanks for the info guys...started looking at the bendpak and think that may be the direction i'm headed...supposed to be excellent quality and price is real nice...

Old 04-28-2009, 06:54 PM
DizBukHaPeter is on a distinguished road
My dad installs all kinds of lifts, he's familiar with the Bend Pak. It's a good lift and most shops have them. Typically it takes a pro 4 hours to install at about $500-600.

Some lift models dont require anchoring, but if you do want to anchor it, you'll need a 4 inch thick floor minimum and make sure its as level as possible. Also to avoid headaches, make sure your ceiling is high enough.

Last edited by DizBukHaPeter; 04-28-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by DizBukHaPeter
My dad installs all kinds of lifts, he's familiar with the Bend Pak. It's a good lift and most shops have them. Typically it takes a pro 4 hours to install at about $500-600.

Some lift models dont require anchoring, but if you do want to anchor it, you'll need a 4 inch thick floor minimum and make sure its as level as possible. Also to avoid headaches, make sure your ceiling is high enough.
thanks for the info...i'm getting quotes and that seems to be right on the # for installation cost...Seems the Bend pak has some real nice free standing lifts that i will go for...ceiling is more than high enough...roughly 16-17 ft...

Old 04-29-2009, 10:33 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Sounds like install will typically run about $500.

raro77 quoted just under $4k for the Park King. Is that what the Bend Pak goes for as well? Any other information on pricing?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 PM
hey Joe,

I got quotes from Automotive Sales Equipment (asedeals.com) for a Bendpak HD9ST which is there 100" wide version for $2470.00. They also have a HD9 which is around 117" wide for $2,530.00.

So I am def. going with one of these, since Bendpak seems to have a very good reputation...hope this helps.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've heard good things about Bendpak and that price seems good. Sounds like about $3,000 should get it done (lift + labor).

I've also heard good thing about one called Backyard Buddy but I think they are a little more money.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:40 PM
ovilla is on a distinguished road
Backyardbuddy does not make certified lifts so you're never going to see them in any professional shop. They're really more of a hobby lift. Also, there's no failsafe's in case a cable get's caught on something or simply breaks. The only thing that will stop it is the ground.

I have a BendPak HD9 (used to be the Hd-9B). This is a certified lift (has the golden certification sticker on one of the columns). Anyway, the HD-9 series comes with primary air locks that you operate as well as secondary saftey locks that you don't control, since they monitor the slack of the cable at each column and auto engage as needed. Even if a cable broke, it would simply allow the lift to drop 4" on that one column to the next lowest locking tab (which is every 4"). For the money and reputation, BendPak is hands down a very fine product. Their customer service is also top notch. Find any thread on the internet about someone having an issue with a BendPak lift and you'll see that BendPak always resolves it to the customers satisfaction.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:38 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
I have 2 Revolutions and 1 I don't recommend. I believe they are about 1k more expensive then the others mentioned but the larger columns make me feel better with my cars in the air
http://www.revolutionlifts.com/RFP9.asp
In this picture you can see the difference in size between Revolutions and all of the other smaller brands. That's a Superlift in the middle. Same as Bendpaks etc. I went with the center change because it's got a 8' center span height and it's much wider then most. I need to get my larger trucks underneath

Old 04-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Jim911 is on a distinguished road
lift

how about eagle lifts? a friend has several and has been satisfied

Old 04-06-2010, 05:54 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I personally like Rotary lifts because parts and service is nearby. Bendpak these days is manufactured in China and quality is undetermined, again, imo. Check garagejournal.com lots of opinions there. Almost like what is best motor oil, or how to break in a new car .

Old 04-06-2010, 07:55 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
I have an HD-9 and HD-9XW (long/high lift).

Assuming I'm reading his post correctly, I have to respectfully disagree with H20. I wouldn't compare Superlifts with BendPak re stoutness (or quality or features). My recollection is that Superlifts non-commercial 4 posts are 7K rated.

The Rev. RFP9 and BendPak HD-9XW are dimensionally similar, as are their basic enclosed channel/ladder design. I haven't measured the post dimensions of a Rev. but I'm sure they are very close to the BP. Both are 9K lb capacity.

Revolution gives you drip trays/casters/jack tray (not to be confused with a pneumatic jack). One thing to note if you're tight on space, I believe Revolution's motor unit mounts on the side of the post vs the front/back - extending the outside width. Standard color is black, but you can get other std. colors at no charge.

BendPak offers an adjustable width ramps, secondary air safety locks, and optional air/hydraulic rolling bridge jacks as their points of differentiation. 220v is standard/110v is optional (and sufficient IMO). No free casters, no current drip tray option (duh). Standard color is blue - you can get black/other colors if you will pay more $$ and can wait awhile.

I started with BP and have stayed with them, though it seems their customer service is slipping of late.

No experience with Rev. lifts, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

I had both 4 posts installed. Each lift took two guys 4 hours and cost about $500 with delivery.

Best of luck on your decision.

Last edited by HIRISC; 04-06-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Bob in NY is on a distinguished road
I have the BenPak 4 post and really like it. I strongly suggest you bolt it to the floor. Good luck, the right installer is critical. Good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 4 post car lifts