Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Flooring input needed, opinions on Race Deck

Old 08-19-2010, 08:38 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Thanks Jorgen. They are well made. I never take the garage cars out in the rain though so I am never tracking anything in really....I can see how it may be of some concern to someone who lives in the snow and pulls their DD in and out.

I just pulled down all of the exposed shelves and am in the process of putting up Gladiators 30" hanging cabinets. They match the flooring you manufacture very well and will finish off my basic garage remodel.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Former Vendor
RaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud of
Looking forward to seeing a few pics

Old 08-29-2010, 09:17 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Here is a picture just after putting the cabinets up in front. I am looking for ideas on what to cover the wood workbench under the cabinets.

Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
RaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
Here is a picture just after putting the cabinets up in front. I am looking for ideas on what to cover the wood workbench under the cabinets.
Your garage is looking great. You could put a sheet of Stainless over the wood top and have it bent to wrap around for a clean look.
Thanks for choosing RaceDeck

Old 08-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the input. I love the idea! Found a couple sites on line that offer sheets of stainless in various guages. They even appear to cut it for you.

Any suggestions on guage thinkness and how to attach to the wood bench?

Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Dave Davison is on a distinguished road
I am also one that is ready to pull the trigger, I have looked at five different floors for my garage. I just received a quote today from RD it seems to be a little high from the others. I have a 20 x 40 garage and would like to stay around $1600 to $1700 range. So what to do, what to do??? I do pull jacks around so I'm skeptical of epoxy paint. I also have a high-end customers coming to me with their cars. So I need to look professional. I also have built homes before my previous life today and most of them are curious on what I'm going to do.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:19 PM
AP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to behold
Although this thread seems to have moved on. I have had Racedeck since 2006 and I live in Edmonton, Alberta, where we certainly get snow. The tile has stood up very well and I have no issues with mold or anything weeping below the Racedeck. With a properly sloped floor, even if snow did melt in enough quantity, it should run out.

My 1100 square foot garage has two four post lifts and both are on top of the Racedeck, and they look great.

After all of the epoxy floors I have seen that lift, including the one in Jay Leno's garage, I am convinced that Racedeck is an excellent alternative.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AP328
Although this thread seems to have moved on. I have had Racedeck since 2006 and I live in Edmonton, Alberta, where we certainly get snow. The tile has stood up very well and I have no issues with mold or anything weeping below the Racedeck. With a properly sloped floor, even if snow did melt in enough quantity, it should run out.

My 1100 square foot garage has two four post lifts and both are on top of the Racedeck, and they look great.

After all of the epoxy floors I have seen that lift, including the one in Jay Leno's garage, I am convinced that Racedeck is an excellent alternative.
Thanks! Sent you a PM, had a few more questions...

Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 PM
YNOT2K is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AP328

I agree that Racedeck is an excellent alternative to epoxy - certainly different, but equally nice - if it suits your specific needs. I love my Racedeck garage flooring - a combination of Freeflow and Diamond Pattern.

Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I had epoxy in my last house but it was the Home Depot stuff. It's was not very good and came up when hot tires were parked on it. A buddy of mine does commercial epoxy and I would do that but the cost is higher than racedeck and you cannot move it. The house I'm in now will not be my last so I have the racedeck free flow that breaths and have had no problem with stain, smell, etc (live in WI where we have a bit of snow). I also have a 4 post lift on it, no problem...

Old 04-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Think I'm going with the industrial epoxy. Floor will be freshly poured with in floor heating. I'm hoping with proper etching and adequate drying time, I will have no issues with lifting.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:40 PM
AP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zippy
Think I'm going with the industrial epoxy. Floor will be freshly poured with in floor heating. I'm hoping with proper etching and adequate drying time, I will have no issues with lifting.
You may have already seen Racedeck in the "flesh" or perhaps you simply don't care for the look, but if you haven't seen it and would like to see it in person in a real garage, drop me a PM as I am in Edmonton as well.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I've been looking into that poly-BlahBlahBlah alternative to Epoxy. The guy tells me it's 3X stronger, 3X more flexible and is guaranteed in Edmonton conditions for 15 years. The guy say there is a 50% chance epoxy will be lifting within 3 years - independant of the quality of floor prep. Costs more, $6/foot vs. $4/foot for epoxy.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
I too looked at the Poly option Mike, A friend has it in his place and it looks great and I think holds up well, just hard to digest the price!

Old 04-29-2013, 07:31 AM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
I just installed my Racedeck floor and I am very pleased. I used the tuffshield and it looks great. I looked at the industrial epoxy and the poly aspartics. I ended up using Racedeck. I have a good sized garage with cabinets and a lift so I had to trim around those but overall the installation was very easy. You can look at my latest pictures on my garage build to see what it looks like.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flooring input needed, opinions on Race Deck