Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

New Garage/Office Started

Old 12-16-2012, 06:23 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
New Garage/Office Started

We broke ground this week on my new garage-down/office-up. Will not be on par with some of the garages on here but it is mine and it is paid for. So i am not complaining. Will keep you updated on the build. Here is my Car in front of her new home. New Garage will be added on to the main house by means of covered carport/breezeway. 28X40 with 1- 9' wide door and 1- 18' wide door. Upstairs will be the office which in reality will be a two bedroom 1 1/2 bath house w/ full kitchen and laundry room. I figured i would make good use of it no matter what happens in the future.

Attached Images   

Last edited by mattgarrett; 12-16-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:49 PM
bonecrrusher is on a distinguished road
Can't say that I've seen black cinder blocks before - looking good so far.

Looks like you got a decent amount of land there.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:32 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
LOL, The blocks are just wet.. It has been very rainy the last couple of days. They are regular block. There are two lots that I put together in my subdivision and made one big lot, which really isn't very big, but it works for want I want/need right now. I will post more pics tomorrow.

Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
Can't say that I've seen black cinder blocks before - looking good so far.

Looks like you got a decent amount of land there.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Here are some more pics as the framing takes shape. Weather has been terrible with just two days of framing so far.

Attached Images     
Old 12-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Coming along despite the rain! Moduline cabinets ordered. Furniture for upstairs ordered, including cabinets and office furniture. Will be roofing and tying into main house this week. Should be able to pour slab end of week if the rain holds off. Next plumbing, electrical, HVAC and then local inspection. Here is another pic. Will take some more today.

Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Coming along. First sunny day since we began framing. Decided on industrial grade epoxy for the floor covering.

Attached Images   
Old 01-04-2013, 09:27 PM
bonecrrusher is on a distinguished road
Nice updates.

Is the section connecting the two structures going to be a giant car port? How many cars will fit in the new garage? Looks like you got three in the house.

That front lawn has a crap hill I would hate to mow it.... LOL.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:55 AM
The section connecting the two structures is going to be a carport area that will tie in with my back yard flagstone patio around our pond. The underside of the breezeway and carport will be finished with cedar post and tongue and groove ceiling. I am putting a couple of hanging fans under the carport so it will double as carport and sitting area. The new garage has two bays, one 9' and one 18'. It will fit three cars and have a mechanical room behind the stairs for the hot water heater, compressor and furnace. The front hill is not as bad as it looks, one of my neighbors mows it and it takes about 4 minutes with his mower...LOL.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 AM
xamfed is on a distinguished road
Would you mind giving a rough estimate on the cost to build this? Minus all of the luxuries you are putting in? i am considering doing something like this with my house and just curious on the cost.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
xamfed - I don't really know at this time. I should be able to give you a pretty good idea in about two weeks. I knew I wanted to build it so it didn't really matter what it was going to cost so I didn't take the time to spec it out. I have already bought and paid for all of the interior just waiting on some of the framing to be done and I will add it all up. It is pretty much a 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath house sitting on top of a three car garage.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:19 AM
DT007 is on a distinguished road
Yes... I'm Curious about the estimate as well...
Looks like a great project. I'm interested because we are house shopping and can't find anything with more than a 3 car garage now. I'm looking for 5+ and this add would make other houses doable...

Looks good!

Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM
I will post an estimate as soon as I have some of the cost worked out. Hopefully it turns out like I planned it. Sometimes things just don't look or work like they are planned, but so far it is working out great.

DT007 - Where in Atlanta are you located? I am from Marietta.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 AM
I'm in Cumming/Alpharetta.

We are moving further south into Alpharetta, Johns Creek, or Roswell. As mentioned, tough finding enough garage space, see avitar. (5 cars now)...

Keep the pics coming.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 AM
xamfed is on a distinguished road
I am in Roswell. DT007, have you ever looked at E3storage?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Yes... I bought my race car from one of the owners..

I have a 28' Tag hauler that my race car sits in.. But I still want more garage space @ the house...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Garage/Office Started

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.