Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

2 Level Garage Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Mercier: Those doors compliment the house immensely. They look very nice! The copper work on the cap is sweet! It looks great up there! You guys aren't wasting anytime from the look of the last pic...working in a blizzard! LOL

Keep up the good work as well as the updates to this thread!

Enjoy the Holidays!

Old 12-11-2014, 05:25 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
I do love those doors! Nice job on the chimney cap too.

So, what are the plans for the driveway - are you going to use pavers, or concrete, or something else?

Old 12-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Ditto on the chimney cap - outstanding work.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Everything is coming along very nicely. Love the accent lighting and what you did with the chimney

Old 12-14-2014, 08:18 AM
nmercier853 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the compliments. Building your own house is a huge under taken but I am glad to know that it is being built right. It is going to be nice when it is finally done. This week I am going to install the FRP in the garage and get the floors sealed.

I installed my lower garage door. It is a Kamco Commercial door 48" wide and fire rated. The door was really expensive beacuase it is commercial grade. I learned that the fire rated door and the non-fire rated door are $250.00 in price difference but you get the exact same door less the sticker.

The second picture is my roofer installing the copper vent pipes that I made. I did not like the white pipes coming through my roof so I made copper ones.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage Lower Door.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	409805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copper Vent Caps.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	409806  
Old 12-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by nmercier853
Thanks for the compliments. Building your own house is a huge under taken but I am glad to know that it is being built right. It is going to be nice when it is finally done. This week I am going to install the FRP in the garage and get the floors sealed. I installed my lower garage door. It is a Kamco Commercial door 48" wide and fire rated. The door was really expensive beacuase it is commercial grade. I learned that the fire rated door and the non-fire rated door are $250.00 in price difference but you get the exact same door less the sticker. The second picture is my roofer installing the copper vent pipes that I made. I did not like the white pipes coming through my roof so I made copper ones.
Nice details that make a huge difference. Do you get snow where you are? With copper, you may want to consider copper snow splitters to prevent ice and snow from crimping the pipes. If minimal snow, no worries.

I'm an Architect in snow country, so we are required to accommodate snow and ice movement for 120-500+ psf snow loads.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:47 AM
vdk
vdk is on a distinguished road
any updates?

Old 04-14-2015, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Beautiful build! I wanna see the end result!

-RyanG

Old 05-02-2015, 08:03 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Cool "I don't have the words..."

This is a monumental and extremely well planned build. It shows some of the most concentrated efforts for a single build that I have seen. Your attention to detail is impressive and your creativity... Superb!

You, my friend, have taken custom to a whole nother' level. I am in awe of your dedication to this project and to the, "author-like" story telling you have done here. This exemplifies the sharp, cutting edge that some of us possess.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:53 AM
Phrost is on a distinguished road
Great looking build! Watching for updates

Originally Posted by nmercier853
I installed my lower garage door. It is a Kamco Commercial door 48" wide and fire rated. The door was really expensive beacuase it is commercial grade. I learned that the fire rated door and the non-fire rated door are $250.00 in price difference but you get the exact same door less the sticker.
We build commercial entry doors - you are correct that that only difference you notice is the ~$250 that goes to certification/registration (and the sticker). It's the same case for wind/hurricane/blast/bomb proof doors. You get the same door visibly, but there are things you cannot have to achieve the rating.

For example all a (heavy enough) steer door needs for fire rating is welded metal brackets in the frame to secure to the building. Our non-fire rated commercial doors use poly inserts in the frame that installers sink their screws into. Hydraulic closer may be needed depending on your location.

For wind/hurricane rating, same thing as ^ but you also need an internal strike so if you're talking panic bars on commercial doors, they must have internal mortise locks and not the surface mount.

If you don't have the sticker you won't pass inspection

Old 10-20-2016, 07:47 PM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
Let's see the finished product!

Old 11-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Phrost is on a distinguished road
Have floor plans to post?

Old 12-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Math-QC is on a distinguished road
Wow nicely done