Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

QuickJack 3500 or 5000?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 08:49 AM
xamfed is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the clarification, that is what i figured.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:18 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OklahomaGT2
I have to disagree, I purchased so I can easily swap tires, brake pads etc. watch there YOUTUBE clip. I have will have a set of track tires, rotors and pads and this makes it easy to swap at home.

http://www.kwik-lift.com/information_video.html

The standard Kwik-lift comes with the ever so versatile Centerbridge which allows you to use blocks and jacks to raise the wheels off your Kwik-lift ramps and work on brakes and suspension with ease.

Simply place your blocks and jack on the Kwik-lift Centerbridge directly under the suitable frame member, with a soft cloth to prevent scratching, of course, and raise the frame to the desired height and remove the wheel and work in comfort. And you're working in safety, too, since the Kwik-lift will stop the fall of your vehicle should there be any accidental jack failure or error. Once again Kwik-lift is your perfect solution for working on your car in the comfort of your driveway or home garage.

That bridge doesn't look wide enough to reach the factory Porsche jack points by the wheels. Seems like the platforms would get in the way.

I was just about to pull the trigger on the quickjack myself until it dawned on me that it didn't look long enough to reach the jacking points. Sucks because I really wanted it. I like the EZ car lift, but at double the price I would probably opt for a maxjax or 2-post lift instead.

This is frustrating.....

Old 08-17-2014, 09:35 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by heavychevy
That bridge doesn't look wide enough to reach the factory Porsche jack points by the wheels. Seems like the platforms would get in the way. I was just about to pull the trigger on the quickjack myself until it dawned on me that it didn't look long enough to reach the jacking points. Sucks because I really wanted it. I like the EZ car lift, but at double the price I would probably opt for a maxjax or 2-post lift instead. This is frustrating.....
I like the ez lift as well... But for that I think a 2 post or other higher lift scissor is a better value..

Old 11-08-2014, 04:42 PM
ChemMan is on a distinguished road
A scissor lift might be the way to go. I have limited space as well and this snap on scissor lift has served me well.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2566.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	407118  
Old 11-27-2014, 06:18 PM
west coast is on a distinguished road

Hi try this site http://www.ezcarlift.com, I had the same dilemma as you and this is what I went with, it works real well and is very portable.
A pic of my Son's boxster on the lift

Old 04-09-2015, 03:18 PM
stltri has a spectacular aura aboutstltri has a spectacular aura aboutstltri has a spectacular aura about
Reviving an old thread regarding the Quickjack as I was also interested in its use for the Porsche. Spoke with Ranger rep today and look like they will be releasing a Quickjack in late May 2015 that will accommodate the longer span of the Porsche jacking points. Weight limit will probably be in between the 3500-5000 range of their other products.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:17 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I'm interested in that.

However, while searching for prices on that Snap-On kit I came across this. It lifts much higher than the other scissor lifts, and is very affordable!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Titan-6-...-/151637406750

Last edited by heavychevy; 04-25-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:16 PM
pksjc is on a distinguished road
I spoke with the Ranger rep today and they told me they make the 5000 XL now and it's made to fit the newer Porsche's wider lift jack points. They also said that the problem with customers reporting the couplings dripping or leaking fluid after disconnecting will be addressed. They got the new couplings in today and will be testing them next week (May 18, 2015).

My main concern with the Ranger design was no safty catches as the lift is being raised. If one of the hydraulic cylinders fail while lifting the car, will one side collapse and drop the car to ground? The rep said the fluid should still be flowing to the piston, so it shouldn't collapse quickly and if you pressed the down button, both sides should lower.

I think the EZ Lift is better for this type of concern, but it's so much more expensive.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:17 PM
pksjc is on a distinguished road
Oh, if there's enough for a group deal, the guys at EZ Lift can do better pricing. But you need 5 guys to make it happen. Is there enough interest from anyone? I know one other guy, so 3 more is needed.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:41 PM
BSU
BSU is on a distinguished road
Problem solved. They are coming out with a new quickjack with longer platforms. BL5000XL

Attached Images  
Old 06-26-2015, 09:35 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Nice! Glad I read this till the end!

Old 10-13-2015, 07:12 PM
awesomebang is on a distinguished road
I am thinking about buy the QuickJack BL-5000XL for my 996TT. I'm wondering if anyone has first hand experience with this model?

Thanks advance

Old 10-16-2015, 03:09 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Bumping this up as I am interested also. Perhaps get a group buy going?

Last edited by B8_RDC; 10-16-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:47 PM
turb0terr0r is on a distinguished road
I would be in for a group buy on the EZ Car lift.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:47 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
comparing the ez car lift to the quikjack...while it looks like a well designed product, I am still going with the quikjack. It looks like you need to a very smooth garage floor to make this work. If you have any sort of flooring tiles you run the risk of this snagging a tile edge on its way up. They should of made the roller with a wider diameter.

Plus...lower price point and free delivery.

Last edited by turboslut; 10-30-2015 at 08:50 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: QuickJack 3500 or 5000?