Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Fun Garage Ideas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 09:47 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
After much research I went with the challenger lift. Primarily because it is over built and all mechanicals and cables are hidden. Another factor is that it did not need an air compressor. I went with the 9000 lb. lift. Their 12,000 lb. lift is actually identical according to their rep. I ran my own 220 wiring. It can be run on 110 volts but runs much quicker with 220. I had a local company install it. They had it installed in about 4 hours. Because it is a 4-post lift it did not need to be bolted to the floor. I specifically ordered the lift model designed longer and taller so I could drive my pickup under it. With my 12' ceiling it worked perfect.

Looks amazing,! Well done!
I'm building a new house and working on the design right now. 1800sqft garage but have not quite settled on the ceiling height. 12' gives you plenty of room to get your truck under the lift with your car at highest position?

Old 01-27-2018, 09:08 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Yes 12' gives me plenty of room. Just make sure you do a high lift on your garage door rails. You will notice my garage door rails go all the way to the ceiling over the lift.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:36 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Yes I noticed the garage door rails.. That's a great idea. I had to position my lift around the rails in my current garage and I don't want to have to worry about that in my new house. I like the black ceiling too. Great look! What made you go with black? I would have never even thought to do that..but it's terrific!

Old 01-27-2018, 10:30 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
A flat black ceiling makes the ceiling look taller and almost disappears. Also black tends to hide imperfections. I have used this technique before and love the results.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:32 AM
IMXCITD is on a distinguished road
Nice job....looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.