GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Clutch wear, Clutch engagement point, cost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 09:39 AM
kevinlpl is on a distinguished road
Clutch wear, Clutch engagement point, cost

At what point in pedal travel does your clutch engage/disengage? My previous experience is with multiple BMWs, first P car. My GT3 has 2800 miles, bought it at 500 miles, throw and engagement has not changed since I purchased it several months ago. The clutch does not slip, I am trying to determine what is normal. Is the engagement point adjustable?

How long should the clutch last, Street only, some track use, or heavy track use?

What is the cost when replaced?

Thank you all in advance!

Old 12-01-2007, 01:22 AM
Where in the throw does it engage/disengage? 10% from the floor? 50% from the floor? Is my question making sense?

Last edited by kevinlpl; 01-06-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Guys! Please someone help me out. On a scale of 1-10 where does your clutch begin to engage? 10 being when it is just begun to be released from pushed all the way to the floor and 1 being 1" before it is completely released. I am trying to establish a reference point. My clutch does not slip, but the point of engagement is probably a 3, which seems late to me, and makes me think it is excessively worn. I bought the car with 500 miles, now has 3000. I did not think much about the release point at first, but a friend recently drove it and mentioned it to me. I am guessing the clutch is not adjustable.

I am still on my first set of rear tires and they look like they can go at least another 3-4000 miles, I do have experience with Sport Cups.

They only additional info is I have had the Brake reservoir replaced once for leaking and it is leaking again. On BMWs the clutch uses the brake reservoir. But braking is fine. I just find it hard to believe the clutch is wasted already, unless the guy before me slipped the heck out of it, He was a pretty old fellow who admitted it was difficult for him to drive, although I thought he was referring to how low the front was.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:47 PM
MH_GT3 is on a distinguished road
The clutch gets it's hydraulic fluid from the brake reservoir. Could be that there is air in the line or your brake master,clutch master or slave could be bad. My car has 22k on it and the clutch slips ever so slightly when I drive it aggressively on the 1-2 shift. The pedal engagement point has not moves from what I can tell. Engages about a third of the way up.

I am gonna put a new clutch in it this month.