GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

08 997GT3 Cup # 2 Arrives @ GMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
08 997GT3 Cup # 2 Arrives @ GMG

Just arrived after the new year is 997GT3 Cup Car # 2.

Picked up from LAX.. Complete with the German dust on it LOL

This one will also be built to Speed GT specifications for the 2008 season.

Enjoy....

07 Cup in the back ground along with 08 997 GT3 cup #1 and the RSR chasis.

I will post pictures of the build of course..

Old 01-10-2008, 01:04 AM
Brandon is an unknown quantity at this point
simply amazing.... even better up close

Old 01-10-2008, 01:06 AM
CatDog will become famous soon enoughCatDog will become famous soon enough
engine wise how do these differ from the GT3s available at dealerships?

Old 01-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CatDog
engine wise how do these differ from the GT3s available at dealerships?

Compression +, cams+, exhaust, ECU, No Maf sensor, No vario cam,No drive by wire.

These engines are built for racing and require a rebuild "freshening" at 70-90 hours. Sometimes sooner depending on how they are used.

The same basic architecture of the street engine but a lot different in terms of electronics and components.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
What a beauty!!! The look is so sweet.
Congrats and best of luck with the campaigning of the car.

GT3Ranger

Old 01-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
We dont get too many members that make announcements like this, "My cup car just arrived" lol ....Talk about living the dream! Congrats

Old 01-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Shawn that is the dream and it's their second Cup car for the season.
If I could make a living from motorsports I would quit medicine so fast.
When I raced back in the 90's I would tell the guys on the team that I was envious of them. To do for a living what you love as a hobby and be surrounded by race cars to me would be orgasmic.
I would have my fun time and excitement then back to the grind and the medico-legal daily BS risks.
There was never a bad day practicing or racing even if the car broke.
I'm trying to groom my 3 boys in karting maybe they could have a future.

Good luck w/ the cars,

Juan

Old 01-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
Shawn and GT3 Ranger

Thanks for the kind words... Both James and I are very passionate about motorsports. Its how we met 10 years ago.. It has taken some time but we are fortunate to have built a succesful business out of our love for cars and racing. Now we are able to share this passion with fellow enthusiasts like yourselves.

Thanks again ..

GT3 Ranger/ Shawn are you coming to Sebring? You should plan to make a trip out this year! Speed GT will be at the event and its the first race of the year!!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:15 PM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
Fabryce,
do you guys at GMG have any plans to one day RACE GT3's in the American Le Mans Series against Tafel, Lizards, RahalLetterman, TRG etc??

Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor
James@gmgracing will become famous soon enough
At some point we would like to compete in the ALMS with RSR's but right now we are focused on the Speed GT program as we feel this is the best racing series in North America without spending $2M/yr! 1 hour sprint races, standing starts and some of the closest racing you will ever see with extreme competition from manufacturers and some of the top pro drivers in the world, make this the series for GMG to compete in and test our street performance products!

When the schedule is complete for 2008, I will post it and invite all 6 spd'ers to come see us at the track!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:33 PM
zona will become famous soon enoughzona will become famous soon enough
Hey Scott,

I don't want to speak for Fabryce, but the current rules in the ALMS series favors the F430's. So It will be very hard to compete ($$$$$$$$) with them. The 07 series 997gt3 RSR's had to run 10/10 just to get on the podium. I will be very suprised if you will see to any top customer team with the ability to win the championships running new RSR's in 08. But maybe Porsche has a secret weapon for 08......I sure hope so!
z

Originally Posted by werksracer
Fabryce,
do you guys at GMG have any plans to one day RACE GT3's in the American Le Mans Series against Tafel, Lizards, RahalLetterman, TRG etc??

Old 01-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by zona
Hey Scott,

I don't want to speak for Fabryce, but the current rules in the ALMS series favors the F430's. So It will be very hard to compete ($$$$$$$$) with them. The 07 series 997gt3 RSR's had to run 10/10 just to get on the podium. I will be very suprised if you will see to any top customer team with the ability to win the championships running new RSR's in 08. But maybe Porsche has a secret weapon for 08......I sure hope so!
z

Agreed...

Old 01-10-2008, 02:38 PM
zona will become famous soon enoughzona will become famous soon enough
I agree James.

Speed GT has the best sedan racing hands down......anywhere!

Just think.....a series that actually races at tracks that give the Porsche an advantage!

Now all they need to do is really market the series.

I sure hope you have better luck this year, last year was awesome even with all the bad luck!
-z
Originally Posted by James@gmgracing
At some point we would like to compete in the ALMS with RSR's but right now we are focused on the Speed GT program as we feel this is the best racing series in North America without spending $2M/yr! 1 hour sprint races, standing starts and some of the closest racing you will ever see with extreme competition from manufacturers and some of the top pro drivers in the world, make this the series for GMG to compete in and test our street performance products!

When the schedule is complete for 2008, I will post it and invite all 6 spd'ers to come see us at the track!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:58 PM
T.Marc Jones is on a distinguished road
Very exciting! Good luck to you guys this year, I'll be watching and attending the races.

In terms of the GT3RS -- it seems there would be an HP increase this year (like for the GT3).

Old 01-10-2008, 05:44 PM
analogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of light
My 08 cup car arrived in December, with not just German dust but German bird droppings on the engine!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08 997GT3 Cup # 2 Arrives @ GMG