GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Depreciation of the 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:34 PM
ZEMDOGG is on a distinguished road
997s have been holding much mcuh better than 996s NO QUESTION.

80's wont come for quite some time IMO.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
PorscheFreak89 is on a distinguished road
i wouldn't be surprised if the 997's held up better then even the 993's. They have a classic look with a throwback to porsche's of old with new technology, while the 996's, imo, aren't attractive at all.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:52 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
looks, performance, limited production. it will hold its value for some years better than 996.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:54 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I love this version and I will NEVER SELL IT OR TRADE IT in

till the Mk II

Old 02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by OldGuy
I love this version and I will NEVER SELL IT OR TRADE IT in

till the Mk II
Ya that seems to be the general consensus, sadly, especially for those of us who can't breakin into the 100k market. Enjoy it, you're extremely lucky!

Old 02-21-2008, 04:33 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I got lucky alright. If I lived where you lived I would be lucky to have a Yugo.
But since I live where a $100k house is a nice place I get to have a GT3.
But I have to drive 100 mile to Lancaster for a Costco. So its a trade off.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:36 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
I got lucky alright. If I lived where you lived I would be lucky to have a Yugo.
But since I live where a $100k house is a nice place I get to have a GT3.
But I have to drive 100 mile to Lancaster for a Costco. So its a trade off.
Definitely. Thanks for the solace.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:19 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
Don't forget inflation, the way the dollar is declining the price might go up.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 PM
bhsccb is on a distinguished road
Interesting question. I think it does better than past. Porsche seems to have learned from the former GT2 that a huge hit irritates their best customers so seem somewhat serious on restricting supply (exp. Ferrari). Also, bad exchange rate with the dollar will require increasing new P car prices (which helps the old ones) and the technology cost to wring out the needed incremental improvement keeps going up. If the 'hoped for' 3.8 does come out 2010, but it's a $180s sticker then $125k for the current cars may hold. On the negative, P cars seem to be going the way of F cars on miles- use it and the price drops significantly (see the E-Bay GT3s and RSs available that are not selling). And what fun is it to just look at the car?! Hope that trend doesn't continue!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by bhsccb
Interesting question. I think it does better than past. Porsche seems to have learned from the former GT2 that a huge hit irritates their best customers so seem somewhat serious on restricting supply (exp. Ferrari). Also, bad exchange rate with the dollar will require increasing new P car prices (which helps the old ones) and the technology cost to wring out the needed incremental improvement keeps going up.
Interesting point. Hopefully with a new President coming into office we'll be able to get out of this "recession" and get the dollar exchange rate up again!

Originally Posted by bhsccb
If the 'hoped for' 3.8 does come out 2010, but it's a $180s sticker then $125k for the current cars may hold. On the negative, P cars seem to be going the way of F cars on miles- use it and the price drops significantly (see the E-Bay GT3s and RSs available that are not selling).
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the trend continues to follow in the footsteps of Ferrari. No offense to current 997 3 owners. I just really want one!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:08 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
i agree with ya. the 993 had the nostolgic headlights and teh 997 also has the same look but a bit more oval. the 996,,.. those headlights kinda drew me away from the 911 all together.
I felt the same way. I just saw Techarts headlight covers, has anyone tried those. the pictures on their site look good but I was wondering if they look tacky in person.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by airflite1
I felt the same way. I just saw Techarts headlight covers, has anyone tried those. the pictures on their site look good but I was wondering if they look tacky in person.
That's so interesting. Am i the only one that actually likes the look of the 996 series?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:19 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CarNerd
That's so interesting. Am i the only one that actually likes the look of the 996 series?
I really like my 996tt, but I've wanted a porsche since the 70's so I've got a soft spot for the classic look. I do like the interior better than the 997 series just because it seems more sporty than luxury.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I liked my 996 GT3 but the 997 is a knock out. The 996 was like a sexy cousin. Easy on the eyes but there is just nothing you can do about it.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:40 PM
I liked my 996 GT3 but the 997 is a knock out. The 996 was like a sexy cousin. Easy on the eyes but there is just nothing you can do about it.
That's terrible!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Depreciation of the 997 GT3