Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

CGT, black, with yellow CF and seatbelts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:59 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
CatsExotics? Yup, just don't like the milage or the mods, I don't like the integrated radar stuff and upgraded sterio, it's also listed (that car) on dupont... highest milage, highest price. It only costs $2500 to truck something from the east to WA.

It's not buyers remorse, it's check writing remorse, I'm scottish, we don't like spending money.

Seth.
Thought that was the Jewish, or the Chinese, or whatever. Nobody likes spending money.

I didn't take a close look at that one at CatsExotics but it had yellow seatbelts so I thought that was the one you were looking at. Any way you look at it, the CGT is going to be a hell of a car. The prices are going up but that's probably only because Porsche brought back a couple of unsold CGTs to Europe but that could stabilize soon and maybe go back down again.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:34 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
who bought the yellow one at FoS? Anyone know?

Old 06-06-2008, 10:03 PM
flatcrank is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
You cant really get away from it. The resin they used wasnt not very good, probably a more like a polyester rather than epoxy, and it yellows on all the cars. Even in places that arent exposed to sunlight it yellows, which means its not from UV, but from the crap resin itself.
FWIW, it is a characteristic of the polyester resin. It's not good or bad, it's just arguably a mistake for cosmetic applications. The epoxy is more expensive, more difficult to work and might interact with some core materials, but I don't know why an automotive OEM would use polyester unless it was a composite including kevlar. I believe there are taxes on industrial chemicals in some countries where the government extracts taxes from the user, not the manufacturer. Not that I'm any expert, just building my own parts.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:20 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Just got the latest autoweek with a olympic swimmer on the cover (???? LAME)

Just a heads up:

In the autoweek classifieds there is a a black CGT at Shelton Ferrari/Maserati with only 950 miles on it. I checked the website listed in the ad and it was not listed on the webiste, and no price was given in the ad.

Also a private classified Autoweek ad for a silver/terracotta with 70 miles and never registered listed for $449K which was the original MSRP according to the ad.

www.sloancars.com click on new arrivals -- silver/dark grey, 1300 miles, $430K

Also on Sloan new arrivals a Basalt black/dark grey, 3000 miles, $430K

Old 06-07-2008, 05:06 AM
cmcjo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jamie
Mine has hardly any.
I dont see any at all on my car either

Old 06-07-2008, 05:11 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by atomic80
The prices are going up but that's probably only because Porsche brought back a couple of unsold CGTs to Europe but that could stabilize soon and maybe go back down again.
That occurred two years ago and has no bearing on the current state of pricing.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
See this photo. The yellowing can be seen where the tub (which doesn't yellow) meets up with another piece that does yellow. Do you guys see that?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yellowing.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	71266  
Old 06-07-2008, 09:54 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie
That occurred two years ago and has no bearing on the current state of pricing.
The residual effects must still be happening now because the prices of the CGT that I've seen are still "sky high." When do you think it'll start coming back down or stabilizing?

Old 06-07-2008, 10:03 AM
flatcrank is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bill S
See this photo. The yellowing can be seen where the tub (which doesn't yellow) meets up with another piece that does yellow. Do you guys see that?
These are clearly very different fabrics -- even the CF cloth itself seems to be the same -- and the resulting pieces are very different, but I don't see yellow in the photo. I presume you mean the piece to the right of the photo is yellowed over time.

Do you happen to have a similar photo when the car was new and the pieces appeared to be the same?

I've just done a course on CF fabrication -- one of the recurring discussion points was the use of appropriate chemicals and the various issues such as polyester setting with a yellow tint.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:13 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by atomic80
The residual effects must still be happening now because the prices of the CGT that I've seen are still "sky high." When do you think it'll start coming back down or stabilizing?
I'm not sure I'd characterise list price for sub 1000 miles cars as 'sky high'. My opinion, which is worth exactly list price of what you pay for it is that prices have stabilised and will slowly fall as mileage accumulates.

White, orange and black zero mile cars will appreciate at 5% or so per year.

My worthless opinion only.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by flatcrank
These are clearly very different fabrics -- even the CF cloth itself seems to be the same -- and the resulting pieces are very different, but I don't see yellow in the photo. I presume you mean the piece to the right of the photo is yellowed over time.
See image below. I don't have a photo for when the car was new, but I understand these two pieces looked the same. They don't see sunlight, so it appears to be related to aging. Porsche says it's normal and it's not a warranty issue.

Name:	yellowing.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	71272  
Old 06-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Just took a pic of mine. Only wife can operate camera, so when she gets home, I'll post. But neither of those pieces show any yellow in my car.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Here.

Name:	carbon.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	71273  
Old 06-07-2008, 11:51 AM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PJS

Just a heads up:

In the autoweek classifieds there is a a black CGT at Shelton Ferrari/Maserati with only 950 miles on it. I checked the website listed in the ad and it was not listed on the webiste, and no price was given in the ad.
That one is headed this way!

Old 06-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fayence
That one is headed this way!
Muhahahahaha!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CGT, black, with yellow CF and seatbelts?