GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My new C-GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 02:05 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Dayam, that is SWEET!

Fittingly, it rolls off the truck on a red carpet.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:38 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
is fort wayne anywhere near evansville, because I go there everyother year for a trap shoot?

Old 08-18-2004, 03:44 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by ttgangsta
is fort wayne anywhere near evansville, because I go there everyother year for a trap shoot?
No, sorry..Evansville is about as far away as you can get from Fort Wayne...maybe 6-7 hours.
(Unless you do it at night in a Carrera-GT) <gr>

Old 08-18-2004, 05:53 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
any chance you've got some pics of your VW's?

Old 08-18-2004, 06:02 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
front

Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2004, 06:03 AM
Rear of bus

Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2004, 06:03 AM
Pickup

Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2004, 06:04 AM
rear of pickup

Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2004, 01:59 PM
cosmos is on a distinguished road
The CGT is awesome, congrats.

Now that VW Bus is something else. That is very very cool.

Old 08-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Frisco is on a distinguished road
Amazing car, congrats!!!

Old 08-19-2004, 12:14 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
those things are just WAY to cool Chuck. What gave you the idea for those, or did you buy them as is? The wheelie bars and batteries on the pickup are great

How do they drive, the turning radius has to be AWESOME

Old 08-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Black is as you said... Stunning! enjoy it!

Old 08-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Honored Member

W8MM will become famous soon enough
Hi Chuck,

Congratulations on your acquisition!

Please describe, in the most exquisit detail, your impressions of operating the clutch. Please, especially, describe your feeling about taking off from rest; perhaps up an incline.

I'm waiting patiently for my very own MY'05 Carrera GT to be delivered sometime in the coming Spring and have heard impressions from some other owners on the west coast who are not thrilled about the clutch/low-inertia-engine combo when navigating in hilly country.

I'd very much appreciate any and every detail you might provide.

Cheers,

Old 08-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Yes, I'd say the clutch is a little hard to get used to. ..it is VERY solid, very stiff...with the ceramic clutch it is really hard to take off slow. You can't "feather" it very easily. It is getting better every time I drive it. I will say that if I stop at a light, on a hill, I get mental flashes of the $125K repair job pictures that are floating around. I have used my left hand to "hold" the car as I tried to ease out the clutch on uphill starts.

Saying all that, when I get back in my Turbo or Boxster it seems like they have the problem...they are so weak!

Chuck

Old 08-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Honored Member

W8MM will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by chucksweet
You can't "feather" it very easily. It is getting better every time I drive it. I will say that if I stop at a light, on a hill, I get mental flashes of the $125K repair job pictures that are floating around. I have used my left hand to "hold" the car as I tried to ease out the clutch on uphill starts.
Thanks very much for relating your experiences.

Your description reminds me of my old racing-clutch equipped IROC 911/RS. It grabbed really solidly when it decided to engage, but it was very consistent in every action. I could actually feather it, if I had to drive it onto a trailer or into a hauler, but it was necessary to keep the engine turning at over 2500 rpm to succeed without stalling and jerking.

I always assumed the CGT clutch would be similar in action and present me with a challenge, but one to which it was possible for me to arise. Your description gives me some more hope in this regard, but it still worries me a tiny bit. It's my impression that Cincinnati has a few more hills than Ft. Wayne

I'd love to know how you've adapted to it after the first 1k miles go bye.

BTW, did the dealer (or a PCNA rep) give any driving "tips" at delivery?

Thanks for being generous with your time,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new C-GT