GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My new C-GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 10:57 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
Congrats! very very nice car!! and I also like the VW they are cute!!

Old 08-22-2004, 11:04 AM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
Congrats!

Do you have some more pics of your other cars?

Old 08-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by HdS
Congrats!

Yes... We need High Res pics..

Chuck, PM me so I can give you my email and I will host all your high res pics for you

Old 08-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by chucksweet
Hi all!!
Thanks for all the congrats and kind words everybody! I wish you could it enjoy it as much as I am.

If you ever happen to be in the Northern Indiana area, give me a shout and I'll be happy to give you a ride!

Chuck
Wow, the car looks amazing Chuck. Congrats. You need to come out to a Chicago meet when we have one!

Old 08-22-2004, 09:32 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by W8MM
but it was very consistent in every action. I could actually feather it, if I had to drive it onto a trailer or into a hauler, but it was necessary to keep the engine turning at over 2500 rpm to succeed without stalling and jerking.
...Cincinnati has a few more hills than Ft. Wayne
Yes, I can feather it, but you really have to keep the RPMs up...and I don't like the thought of what I am doing to the clutch as I am feathering it. It is VERY consistent, very solid...that is a good description.

Yes, Fort Wayne is fairly flat, but it is amazing how many streets or parking lots have inclines onto the road.

BTW, the manual says not to rev the engine more than 4300 rpms..It is really hard , but so far I have been real good about that.

Chuck

Old 08-22-2004, 09:34 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by HdS
Congrats!

I do..I have been wanting to put together some sort of an online photo album... I just haven't had the time. I'll work on it.

Chuck

Old 08-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Vik
Wow, the car looks amazing Chuck. Congrats. You need to come out to a Chicago meet when we have one!
If I came, I would have an awful hard time deciding between my TT and the GT. The TT is still a royal blast!

Chuck

Old 08-23-2004, 02:55 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"Your description gives me some more hope in this regard, but it still worries me a tiny bit. It's my impression that Cincinnati has a few more hills than Ft. Wayne"

Same here but the continued descriptions by Larry over at Rennteam on his after 4k miles! does have me a bit shaky for the first time since putting down the deposit. The ride height I can probably deal with - especially with the 3/4" factory raise kit as well as the tranny noise between 1900 to 2100 (don't intend to spend much time there and my car is already pretty chattering with the lightweight flywheel). However, this clutch deal given our moutainous terrain is a bit disturbing. I'm hoping very much that a member of one of these boards (hopefully in CA) will be gracious enough to allow me to fly up for a very mellow test drive. Driving in any other manner will be just fine I'm sure on my car. It's just the puttsing around town off the line - with and without hills that is giving me second thoughts.

Old 08-23-2004, 03:07 AM
Banned
SixtySix will become famous soon enough
COngrats on the new toy!!!

With the dub's that you have, what size cc's you have for the engines?

Old 08-23-2004, 05:24 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Congrats...
Vid of exhaust please

Old 08-24-2004, 04:09 AM
Noel will become famous soon enoughNoel will become famous soon enough
Chuck, I'm down in Indy. Who did you purchase your car from? Any chance it was from Tom Wood?

Old 08-24-2004, 04:45 AM
Honored Member

W8MM will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by chucksweet
...and I don't like the thought of what I am doing to the clutch as I am feathering it.
As it turns out, feathering the clutch may not shorten its life very much.

In the Car and Driver review of the CGT, Larry Webster said, "We saw one car endure about 40 drop-clutch launches with no ill effect on its performance."

Additionally, when I talked to Larry on the phone about the clutch issue, he recounted another journalist asking the Porsche techs who were maintaining the press cars if they intended to replace the clutch after the test session ended. They reportedly looked up at him and said, "No. ... Why?"

I take these stories to mean that the clutch is extraordinarily durable and that it can take feathering as a daily diet.

Cheers,

Old 08-24-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Noel
Chuck, I'm down in Indy. Who did you purchase your car from? Any chance it was from Tom Wood?
No, I bought it through O'Daniel's in Fort Wayne. I have gotten a lot of cars from them. Come on up and I'll give you a ride!!!

Chuck

Old 08-24-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by W8MM
As it turns out, feathering the clutch may not shorten its life very much.

In the Car and Driver review of the CGT, Larry Webster said, "We saw one car endure about 40 drop-clutch launches with no ill effect on its performance."
yes, I read that, also... but I have also seen "stories" on the internet about blown clutches already - I am not sure where the truth is. I tend to want to believe Car and Driver before I'd believe internet folklore. <gr>

Chuck

Last edited by chucksweet; 08-24-2004 at 05:41 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by suckmyexhaust
COngrats on the new toy!!!

With the dub's that you have, what size cc's you have for the engines?

One of them is a stock 1600cc and the other is a medium wild 1835cc. My 1600 is leaking a fair amount of oil.(bad bearing) This winter I want to build a 2110cc or 2180cc replacement for it. You can never have enough power or speed in ANY car. <gr>

Chuck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new C-GT