GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Paint work needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 12:02 PM
karlgt3 is on a distinguished road
Paint work needed

After the track season I want to fix the road rash on my GT3's rocker panels. I thought that I could get factory pre-painted replacements like I can get for my Z8. I can't, and I doubt that there many painters that can paint the parts like they come from the factory (no orange peel, etc.). Any suggestions/recommendations?

Karl

Old 09-02-2004, 07:14 AM
Jack(LA) is on a distinguished road
Karl -- you must have received a very special Porsche to not have any orange peel. Orange peel is standard on all Porsches.

A quality paint shop can match the paint color and the level/quantity of orange peel within the paint (it's just a matter of doing just the right amount of color sanding on those newly painted areas). In fact, matching orange peel on the newly painted panels with that of the rest of the car is what separates the high-end paint shop from the ordinary paint shop. The "finish" work done post painting is what makes for a truly concours paint job, IMHO.

Old 09-02-2004, 07:48 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Karl:

We finish factory oem parts to very precise standards....exact factory chemistry, paint and finishes.

Email me: eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 09-04-2004, 08:26 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
listen to jack on this, he knows.

even i know 2 painters in LA that can do mid panel blends that are and remain invisible.

Old 09-13-2004, 12:09 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
alll porsches got orange peels.

Old 09-18-2004, 07:07 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
you can go see this place , they are very good and very reputable and an authorized glasurit shop

Bergen Import
201 943 2715
They are in Cliffside Park NJ..
See Harry tell him I sent you over.

He is a Porsche nut too.

Old 09-18-2004, 09:13 AM
macfly is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up A Z8 you say?

Hey, Karl, can't help with the paint, but as a fellow Z8 owner & enthusiast I'd like to shamelessly plug my own website www.bmwz8.us which is both an owner's resource and a gallery. Always looking for new members, so drop on by!!

Old 09-18-2004, 11:24 AM
karlgt3 is on a distinguished road
Technically the Z8 is my wife's...but I will join that group anyway. Anything to keep her from driving MY car

Karl