GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

? for guys towing with open trailer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Zmann will become famous soon enough
I bought an open Trailex trailer about 2 months ago. I asked about the air dam and they discouraged me from ordering it. Said it was a waste of money and that came from Trailex itself.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:00 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mousecatcher
Really? I haven't heard of any car cover that is designed for / safe for towing. None are sufficiently soft on the inside not to scratch the car, yet durable on the outside to survive the weather.

Please share info about the brand of car cover!
I agree, I would like to know as well. I plan on building a tire rack on the front of mine, and putting a shield in the lower part to protect the car from the road dirt.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Carrera 69 is on a distinguished road
I have an open trailer, never had any problems. Its at the track you need to worry about.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Teddy is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the advice....keep it coming
Also, does anyone know of a Featherlite for sale???
Thanks

Old 01-29-2009, 09:01 PM
NJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud of
There is a really nice Featherlite open 17'6" in the PCA classifieds this month. $4,900 almost brand new (2006). It's in Southern California.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:27 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Frank, what kind of trailer is that and how much do they cost? What would it cost for an air dam to be added to it. I have a 2005 Volvo XC90 (V8) and a stock 996 C4S (well, maybe some mods), but was wondering if your trailer w/ my two vehicle and car would work out???? Thanks.

Originally Posted by toadinlaw
I have no air dam, but I do have a clear bra, but no real issues either. execpt last year going up to Mid-Ohio the back way through Amish country I ran over some horse crap and sprayed the side of the car. I wondered why no one was parking next to me in the paddock!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:00 PM
GT3 RED is on a distinguished road
I tow with an open trailer behind my motor home no problems yet most of the road trash hits the lower front part of the trailer

Old 02-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
I tow a featherlite open with an F350 Superduty. No problems and I tow rain or shine. I tow with the tail gate down and I think the air wash helps keep the car cleaner. Only protection is a trapizoid tongue box in front. After a day of drizzle autocross Kermit looked like it lost a soot fight because there was wet rubber dust all over the sides. Car looked distgusting. Towed it home in the rain and it pretty darn clean when I got home.
My featherlite is equipped with a tongue box, 3000#+ Warn winch, and custom made tire traps for the front tires. Car is secured 99% by the front tires, without the straps touching any painted part of the car or wheel. I secure the rear with 2 of those tiny 1" tie down straps tied to the tow hook.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:30 PM
greygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to all
If you add a toolbox/tirerack like this you don't have to worry about anything.

Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Teddy is on a distinguished road
Hey GreyGT3... What brand and size is your trailer?
Good lookin set up.
Thanks

Old 02-21-2009, 06:08 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^^x2

Old 02-21-2009, 09:12 PM
greygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to all
Its made by Alum-line in Iowa and its 18' long.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:45 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by greygt3
If you add a toolbox/tirerack like this you don't have to worry about anything.
Do you have more photo's or better yet a set of drawings for this set up. It would be great to show it to the shop that I was going to get to make one for me.

BTW I went to Alum line's site and saw your trailer and truck with a 996 in there gallery. Did you upgrade to the 7GT3 recently?

Ed

Old 02-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah that's my old car. Alum-line have made some good improvements to their car trailer. I think mine was the first car/toolbox trailer they made, a friend of mine ordered one after seeing mine. He is an engineer so he incorporated some of his ideas into it. Shop around, price/build quality is first rate.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by greygt3
Yeah that's my old car. Alum-line have made some good improvements to their car trailer. I think mine was the first car/toolbox trailer they made, a friend of mine ordered one after seeing mine. He is an engineer so he incorporated some of his ideas into it. Shop around, price/build quality is first rate.
I have a trailer, I am just looking for a box/tire carrier to add on. Yours is the nicest I have seem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ? for guys towing with open trailer