GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Lookout for the unmarked cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:47 PM
AdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to all
I once got pulled over by an unmarked posing as a Taxi Cab! They are every where you never know who is who??? be carefull out there

Last edited by AdrianM5; 01-29-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:54 PM
SPhilli911 is on a distinguished road
I've been given two tickets in my life yet, and both by unmarked Dodge Chargers. Totally unexpected.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997 rolls
State cops are king of the road and protector of all - glad they are there but man, cut some slack.
king of the road, yes.
protector of all, NO.

i have many cop friends. and even they know that many cops should have their badges pulled.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Spidermonkey is on a distinguished road
Fukin' pigs...At least in my neighborhood all they do is double park in front of starbucks and sit there for hours watching the attractive women walk by on the sidewalk. Now don't get me wrong I actually like that the San Francisco police are so lazy but sometimes I wish they'd actually enforce something...What really gets me is that when I actually see them driving on the road they're usually talking on their cell phones which was banned quite some time ago.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:23 AM
lawjdc is on a distinguished road
Doesn't anybody have a fundamental problem with the state deploying secret police for routine misdemeanor traffic offenses? It appears that the police cannot resist creating offenses when they don't have enough to do at the moment.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:33 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
cities and states are straight up out of cash, quick way of generating revenue is tickets.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:34 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Spidermonkey
Fukin' pigs...At least in my neighborhood all they do is double park in front of starbucks and sit there for hours watching the attractive women walk by on the sidewalk. Now don't get me wrong I actually like that the San Francisco police are so lazy but sometimes I wish they'd actually enforce something...What really gets me is that when I actually see them driving on the road they're usually talking on their cell phones which was banned quite some time ago.
I believe you can talk on you cell phone if a commercial vehicle etc. so Im sure law enforcement falls into that 'ok to talk' category.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:33 AM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
I agree - isn't protecting society or something like that in most of their oaths?

Originally Posted by mooty
king of the road, yes.
protector of all, NO.

i have many cop friends. and even they know that many cops should have their badges pulled.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:03 PM
sheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura about
just finished a trip to/from Colorado from Chicago and was surprised by the unmarked Chargers in both Iowa and Nebraska with the winter weather. No tickets though.....but every Charger I saw I considered "the enemy"

Old 01-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sechsgang
that sounds like entrapment to me as well...and if he was actually on your ***, then his "tailgating" could actually be reason enough to get you out of your ticket...that car will have video to prove it as well...

Agreed. Most people do not realize that police have a VERY STRICT set of guidelines that they must follow. There will be a camera on this car and proof of following too closely or antagonizing you should be fairly easy to prove, but the key will be if they violate the protocol that officer must use. I have a friend who has represented many people in DUI cases and gotten them off scott free for these violations on the part of the police. It is much, much more common than I would have ever though possible to get people out of these tickets before talking to him. He actually got one person off who got busted at a checkpoint because they did not report the checkpoint to a state authority before setting it up. In GA they cannot just set up checkpoints where ever and when ever they want. It must be scheduled and reported.

Also be careful in areas where they are confiscating cars for street racing. Many of these cars are being converted to undercover duty. So they can get more cars and the cycle can continue

Old 01-31-2009, 02:15 PM
2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light
Wow Thanx for The Tip .. I have seen them also on the NJ Tpk..
I was almost baited too .. But I noticed he had Xtra Attennas ..
So I backed off..
He was eyballing me for a while .. I think they look up your Lic. plate
while their tailgating you..

Old 01-31-2009, 07:35 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by HardCore Nice
Wouldn't this be considered entrapment ? I would seriously have a problem with a cop egging me on like that, what a fur brained idea to get the quota filled.
He downshifted and nailed it ie doing over the limit. No one forced him to do such a thing. Theres some unmarked modded cars down In Miami from what Ive read that try to race people. They have it worked out to a system if you fight it your just wasting your breath.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:44 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear. South FL is full of unmarked cars, I have a couple of cop friends and they tell me about it all the time.

I've personally seen:
Chrysler 300 (burgundy)
Ford F150 - 1 blk and 1 white
Chevy Trailblazer - blk & 1 gold
The obvious Merc Marauders
New Mustang GT - blk & red

I just hate when they tailgate you...I had a cop do that to me and I returned the favor for about 5 mins until he hit the siren and the light for about a second, then I backed off, lol, no ticket though...

Old 02-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
1. Entrapment? no, not even close. Following too close, yes, without a doubt.
2. Drivers of emergency vehicles are allowed to use hand held cell phones.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:24 AM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Sorry guys, but what the cops do on the highway is usually complete bulls**t. Traffic citations are simply revenue raising schemes for whatever jurisdiction controls the area. I work in the court system and can tell you that when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars coming into the courthouse every month, traffic control has nothing to do with it. All of these unmarked cars are seized vehicles or, even worse, purchased through use of federal grants which a specific law enforcement entity has applied for in the name of "public safety." What a crock! Worst of all, when these cops see a car which may represent 2 or 3 or 4 (GT2) years salary (or payoffs, depending on your jurisdiction), somebody's gonna pay.

The naiveté of most people about why police departments stop certain people for speeding or other infractions is mind-boggling. Understand that to law enforcement, the flow of traffic on a highway is like a herd of sheep with money sticking out of their pockets. Most of the time cops deal with societies dregs who only take from the government and don't ever give back. These real criminals (sorry, accused individuals), only take up police time and, most importantly, only cost the city, or county, money. On the other hand, the law abiding people who are driving to work are like shooting fish in a bucket. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of jerks who drive way too fast in their little junk cars who need a serious spanking, but have you ever seen one of them pulled over? Very rarely, if ever.

Now, on the other hand, a nice Porsche or BMW going 10 or 15 miles over the arbitrary speed limit because a cop is using dirty tricks, now that's big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

BTW, this tailgating trick is popular with the Nevada Highway Patrol. They usually use it when they need a reason to stop a vehicle/driver suspected of criminal activity (Trafficking). I'm actually litigating one of these in Federal Court right now. They used an unmarked car to push my client up to 82, then used a marked unit to stop him. They used two cars because that way they could claim that the unmarked car was not associated with the police. Just another day in the land of the liars

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lookout for the unmarked cars