Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

7gt3 laguna seca mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 05:12 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikymu
LOL ... I am working on my son first when it comes to car repair

Couldn't agree more
Very good... when he gets to say 17... let us know

Old 06-05-2009, 12:33 AM
kubrick is infamous around these parts
I hear you on just doing the mod. I would rather do a mod and enjoy the weekend, but in my case I'm still not sure what that option is since I'm a running 997 C2S w/ center exhaust, GT3 cup bumpers, so I can't just throw on a stock 997 exhaust (stock not a center exit), and again if I was to put on stock GT3 exhaust sounds like I'm right back where I started (no pun), maybe a dec or 3 lower but still to loud. Tried fab, they couldn't suggest anything, obviously I was hoping I could try the option from this thread but I don't see that same solenoid hook up or anything close on my car? I'll try Lucent in LA maybe Tom's got a trick up his sleeve?

Last edited by kubrick; 06-05-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:21 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
^ you can still enjoy the rest of the track. the 1st session is worst sounding since it's early with the overcast usually. what you can do is have them do a sound check. you tell the steward at the hotpit that you'd like a sound check. 1st lap warmup then 2nd lap gun it (the sound booth is between T5 and the bridge). then come back to hotpit and check with steward how much db you got. you can then sort of figure out how much you need to ease up while passing the sound booth all day. the sound check doesn't count as a strike, so you're still good for 3 meatballs.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:53 PM
kubrick is infamous around these parts
speed thanks much for advice! If I end up not figuring out a mod and having to do the lift, thanks again for the info. Do you think though if I bring the sound the stewards attention on that second lap, I'll then be on their radar all day? Or..they don't care if you lift, just as long as your not violating sound I suppose, right?

Old 06-07-2009, 12:07 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kubrick
speed thanks much for advice! If I end up not figuring out a mod and having to do the lift, thanks again for the info. Do you think though if I bring the sound the stewards attention on that second lap, I'll then be on their radar all day? Or..they don't care if you lift, just as long as your not violating sound I suppose, right?
hehe don't worry. they won't pick on you all day. the sound limit is strictly enforced however. so do keep that in mind. many guys who can't do anything on their car mechanically to adjust sound just short shift and lift. i did too when i didn't know about this mod.