More GT3 Allocations Available.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:59 AM
sprinty_rs4 is on a distinguished road
More GT3 Allocations Available.....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/1283543288.html

2 allocations available.

Seems the interest is a little soft. Why? I really am thinking hard about buying one but with $85-90K 07 GT3s out there it hard to pull the trigger.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
First, I agree with your assessment of soft/less interest in mk.2....answer is as you stated: quality, low mile mk.1 cars are $30-40k less than a new one with nice but ultimately minor upgrades.

Secondly, note that this appears to be a Ca. dealer....an area notorious for having no waiting list (due to the fact that they dont guarantee your spot at MSRP, but "bid" the car to the highest bidder). When I was searching for both my Turbo & GT3, I found few allocations...until I called Ca dealers. They all had cars available with no wait....but the price...ugh

Bill

Old 07-24-2009, 12:21 PM
sprinty_rs4 is on a distinguished road
Well the one dealer who had an allocation wanted a $5K deposit (possibly non refundable) and the price was MSRP for an October build.

A better question would be, who is getting under MSRP because these dealers have to order something and it seems no one wants to step up from the waiting lists?

It seems dealers are not ordering floor cars. I can't see dealers ordering loaded GT3s to have them sit and a bare bones GT3 is a track car and not necessarily a resale or floor car.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:35 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
wonder what the flippers are doing now.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speedoflight
wonder what the flippers are doing now.

Did you see the one in Autoweek classifieds ?
New, 2010 GT3....MSRP +$10k

Bill

Old 07-24-2009, 12:57 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
Did you see the one in Autoweek classifieds ?
New, 2010 GT3....MSRP +$10k

Bill
oh so they're still around!

Old 07-24-2009, 03:10 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
First, I agree with your assessment of soft/less interest in mk.2....answer is as you stated: quality, low mile mk.1 cars are $30-40k less than a new one with nice but ultimately minor upgrades.

Secondly, note that this appears to be a Ca. dealer....an area notorious for having no waiting list (due to the fact that they dont guarantee your spot at MSRP, but "bid" the car to the highest bidder). When I was searching for both my Turbo & GT3, I found few allocations...until I called Ca dealers. They all had cars available with no wait....but the price...ugh

Bill
I would agree with you about part of the .2's soft present sales. I would also add a weak economy as an equal if not stronger part of that equation. I had many opportunities to buy low mileage, pristine '7 .1 3s for $30k less, but ultimately chose a 2010 @ MSRP for many reasons: it's a 3 year newer car, with a much longer warranty, the styling for me is much improved, the brakes are much better and lighter and the engine's power has been improved; more importantly it's torque. Some would argue that the facelift is more substantial than some model year changes.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:29 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
I don't know enough about this, but I can't believe that a GT3.2 is that much better than a GT3.1 - the driver still washes out any differences between these models, especially at the track.

Also- given the uncertain economy, the dire straits that Porsche and its dealers are in (look at the lack of 997 GT2 sales), the news that Porsches will be integrated into VW's product line (see statement from outgoing Porsche CEO WW), all of this adds up to cutomers adopting a 'wait and see' attitude. In my mind, the GT3 MK 1 is a much better deal.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:47 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
I don't know enough about this, but I can't believe that a GT3.2 is that much better than a GT3.1 - the driver still washes out any differences between these models, especially at the track.

Also- given the uncertain economy, the dire straits that Porsche and its dealers are in (look at the lack of 997 GT2 sales), the news that Porsches will be integrated into VW's product line (see statement from outgoing Porsche CEO WW), all of this adds up to cutomers adopting a 'wait and see' attitude. In my mind, the GT3 MK 1 is a much better deal.
The driver will wash out any comparison. It's relative of course. With that said, I wouldn't expect any more of an improvement with the 991/998 GT3 over the .2 than the .2 over the .1 other than more stlying changes. The 997 gt3 wasn't leaps and bounds above the 996. As we all know Porsche refines they don't redefine.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:17 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
I know of a Black on Black 2010 GT3 coming available today for MSRP if anyone is interested. Brand new.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:38 PM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
I want a new one, but I have to sell my 996 GT3 first!

Old 07-26-2009, 05:19 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Hope I am wrong, but I view with the economy, the .2 GT3's will no longer have a waiting list/premium. There will be many available in winter below list. Similar to the "rare" GT2's.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Aside the many facts stated in this thread you also have to think that after the GT3's are released the RS is coming in and this won't be like the MkI game where you would get a GT3 flip it and get into an RS, many have accounted that you may not be able to unload that GT3 and are sitting for the RS which leaves some GT3's open for those who must have an RS.I personally don't think dealers will leave open allocations go on the GT3 but have to agree that customers are also not lining up for the thing so we should keep track on what's out there perheps some of of could bite...

Old 07-27-2009, 12:48 PM
the dealers are fielding calls to everyone on their list. there is no line.
between gt3 and RS, if w/o markup i would get the RS. will see if and when porsche is coming out with 997.2 RS. but if they discount 997.2 gt3 20% then i might bite.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
I learned my lesson on this topic.
I bought a 997.1 GT3 new and when time came to sell, prices tanked.
Same with the E60 M5.
I considered selling my GT3RS and the offers were so offensive that I decided to keep it.

I just bought an '06 E60 M5 with 8,900 miles for $52K. My turn to laugh.
So I will wait and if I still want a 997.2 GT3 in two years then I'll get my chance to rape someone else.

I remember all the hype I was fed by my Porsche salesman when buying the 997.1 GT3 and it's future and resale value. TOTAL BS.

I will never buy new again.

Ranger

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More GT3 Allocations Available.....