Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3 Titanium Exhaust Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Gentlemen most of you are being overwhelmed by the "purty" Akrapovic exhaust system. So what.
Look at the headers. Totally unimpressive design. Actually no different than stock. I do not care how "purty" it is. It's under the car.
DOES IT MAKE POWER?

On my yellow 997GT3 I had FVD headers and no other tuner's headers made more power. PERIOD END.

OmahaGT you made an great decision. FVD has proven to me to make real rwhp gains.
Everyone is so enamored with Akrapovic.

Why does everyone not give FVD the time of day?

Ranger

Everything Akrapovic is also very expensive. Even their motorcycle stuff (although not as bad), although at least you can see that. With that said, their products are first rate and definately "purty".

I have heard great things about FVD, but have no personal experience with them. Maybe, I'll look into their products for my .2 GT3.

Last edited by 911dev; 10-07-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911dev
Everything Akrapovic is also very expensive. Even their motorcycle stuff (although not as bad), although at least you can see that. With that said, their products are first rate and definately "purty".

I have heard great things about FVD, but have no personal experience with them. Maybe, I'll look into their products for my .2 GT3.
Call FVD and speak to Rhonda. Their latest race header design by M&M in Germany is outrageous.
My headers for my GT3RS will be here soon and built with RSR- like exhaust tips.
The Akrapovic exhaust drives people crazy and what? because its pretty.
Give me a break! Does it make power???
btw that E92 M3 with the Akrapovic exhaust, what a polluter. What's with all that smoke? And the sound was totally unimpressive!!

Sorry but I have to call it as is. All those infatuated with Akrapovic system get your heads out of you know where. But go ahead and blow your money on a "purty" system that makes NO POWER.

If you are serious look at FVD HEADERS.
This is a real system not simple by-pass pipes that make some sound.

Ranger

Old 10-08-2009, 08:56 AM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Klint
Apologies if my post came out wrong, I was referring to my purchase of an Akrapovic for my enduro motorcycle.
No need to apologize, my misunderstanding.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
OmahaGT,

Did you install the system yet? If so can you share a video with us? Just want to follow up with you.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 AM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
OmahaGT,

Did you install the system yet? If so can you share a video with us? Just want to follow up with you.

Thanks,
Rhonda
UPS should be bringing it today. I'll get it installed and a video asap.

I'll also get a video of the turbo system one of these days.

Thanks for all your help Rhonda!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
UPS should be bringing it today. I'll get it installed and a video asap.

I'll also get a video of the turbo system one of these days.

Thanks for all your help Rhonda!
Awesome!! That system should go on even easier than the turbo system! Can't wait to hear you feed back on that one as well. Those 2 system's that you have are absolutely incredible!!

Your so welcome for the help, just glad to know your happy!!

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 10-20-2009, 08:21 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
I was hoping to have better pictures/video, but these will have to do for now..

Attached Images      
Old 10-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Will post some better video ASAP..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjl-xAQOU74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDeiKNy6w6E

Last edited by OmahaGT; 10-20-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Premium Sponsor
OmahaGT,

Great shots and video.

Thanks for sharing.
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net