GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Report on my exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:28 PM
AlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to behold
This is the BEST sounding 911 I have ever heard in my life.

Thank You for the video and all of the good pictures/ info.

-Alex

Old 01-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AlFromCalabasas
This is the BEST sounding 911 I have ever heard in my life.

Thank You for the video and all of the good pictures/ info.

-Alex
Alex here's a little comparison and making rwhp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDMLssANQAo

A pic of the hardware.

Cheers

Ranger

Old 01-05-2010, 12:12 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
^
HOLY CRAP!

That is LOUD! How many ear drum did that thing burst?

Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 AM
YoopsRacing will become famous soon enough
Nice report
It sounds unreal but it is a little too loud for me. Ti is the shizzle but I have heard that it can get destroyed in water/rain (can anyone chime in on this?)

It looks like Akrapovic makes 3 versions for both GT3 and GT3RS

Street version
Race version
Cup Car version

10-15k for the Race version is way out of my price range
but wonder what the street version cost and how loud it is?? (cost may make a Bypass option better for some)

here is link to the 2007/08 GT3 Street version for anyone interested

http://www.akrapovic.com/car-exhaust.../evolution-62/

Last edited by YoopsRacing; 01-05-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
Nice report
It sounds unreal but it is a little too loud for me. Ti is the shizzle but I have heard that it can get destroyed in water/rain (can anyone chime in on this?)

It looks like Akrapovic makes 3 versions for both GT3 and GT3RS

Street version
Race version
Cup Car version

10-15k for the Race version is way out of my price range
but wonder what the street version cost and how loud it is?? (cost may make a Bypass option better for some)

here is link to the 2007/08 GT3 Street version for anyone interested

http://www.akrapovic.com/car-exhaust.../evolution-62/
I have not heard of any complaints that Ti will not hold up in the wet. I have had it on my car now for about 8 month and I love the system more and more. Power delivery is like on the stock system, very steady power increase with super responsive engine rpm.
I think in the spring I will install the side mufflers. Would love to do a dyno comparison with and without side mufflers.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:22 PM
HRTC is on a distinguished road
Hey GT3 Ranger, any HP numbers yet?

Old 03-10-2010, 01:16 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Does Akrapovic accept a slightly used kidney for payment? The more I look at your Akrapovic system the more I like it

Old 03-10-2010, 02:10 AM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
No, I don't think so but maybe you can make a trade with them and fly to Slowenia to give the whole Akrapovic staff a medical checkup for a complete exhaust system.

By the way, I forgot to mention that on the OP, the side mufflers require you to remove the vacuum cylinder with rod and mounting bracket for installation on the Akrapovic side muffler valve control. I bought new vacuum valves from Suncoast but he could not find the mounting brackets as separate parts.
Now I have to search the Porsche wrecking yards for a set of these brackets to restock my original side mufflers. Left and Right side are identical.

Originally Posted by mikymu
Does Akrapovic accept a slightly used kidney for payment? The more I look at your Akrapovic system the more I like it

Old 03-10-2010, 05:29 AM
DanH has a little shameless behaviour in the past
What have acra got against equal length headers?

Old 03-10-2010, 05:40 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
the new exhaust have equal lenght headers, just shorter than the fvd headers for the reasons stated by md11skipper, ask member jmd0997.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Akrapovic builds equal length headers for Generation 1 and 2. In other words you cannot see that on the pictures very well but when you look from all angles, you could more clearly see that they are.

Originally Posted by DanH
What have acra got against equal length headers?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Md11skipper
No, I don't think so but maybe you can make a trade with them and fly to Slowenia to give the whole Akrapovic staff a medical checkup for a complete exhaust system.

By the way, I forgot to mention that on the OP, the side mufflers require you to remove the vacuum cylinder with rod and mounting bracket for installation on the Akrapovic side muffler valve control. I bought new vacuum valves from Suncoast but he could not find the mounting brackets as separate parts.
Now I have to search the Porsche wrecking yards for a set of these brackets to restock my original side mufflers. Left and Right side are identical.
LOL

I will bring extra gloves and catch a flight with you as a stowaway. Everyone gets a lollipop if they have a clean bill of health

Man oh man. I have this thing about exhaust system - not any exhaust system but a well build one like your akrapovic titanium gold. This was the same reason why I sold my soul to the devil for a full CSL M3 exhaust and now I am at it again with GT3 RS. The akrapovic system should be an option from the factory instead of PCCB. It is a performance advantage you can both hear and feel and not many mods can deliver the same thrill.

I would love to try the full akrapovic system with side muffler at Laguna Seca and hear it's beautiful symphony down the crockscrew ...

Old 03-10-2010, 11:35 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikymu
LOL

I will bring extra gloves and catch a flight with you as a stowaway. Everyone gets a lollipop if they have a clean bill of health

Man oh man. I have this thing about exhaust system - not any exhaust system but a well build one like your akrapovic titanium gold. This was the same reason why I sold my soul to the devil for a full CSL M3 exhaust and now I am at it again with GT3 RS. The akrapovic system should be an option from the factory instead of PCCB. It is a performance advantage you can both hear and feel and not many mods can deliver the same thrill.

I would love to try the full akrapovic system with side muffler at Laguna Seca and hear it's beautiful symphony down the crockscrew ...

you won't enjoy it down the corkscrew. they'll meatball you right after T6 for sound.

Last edited by speedoflight; 03-10-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:55 AM
PWR2LBS has a spectacular aura aboutPWR2LBS has a spectacular aura about
Most fantastic sounding GT3 I have ever had the chance to drive. Also one of the best looking system's I have ever laid eyes on. Excellent write up Mr. B. Hows that Diff holding up?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:58 AM
DanH has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Md11skipper
Akrapovic builds equal length headers for Generation 1 and 2. In other words you cannot see that on the pictures very well but when you look from all angles, you could more clearly see that they are.
Ah I see. They didn't look equal length in the pics. Sounds lovely.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Report on my exhaust