GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New RSS 4PT. Bolt-In Rollbar Installed

Old 02-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
New RSS 4PT. Bolt-In Rollbar Installed

RSS has recently introduced our new 4PT. bolt-in rollbar that mounts to the floor (with included under plates) and rear shock towers.

Here are a few pics of one installed in fellow forum member's (avi8tir) beautiful White 997.2 GT3.

The fit and finish are excellent, and the unit is offered powder coated in Black, White, Orange, Green, Red, Grey or any custom color you desire.

Feel free to contact us with any questions, we also have a new 6PT. Rollcage available with front extensions as well.

Custom upholstered Recaro seats, harnesses and a few other goodies coming next....

Last edited by Sales@RSS; 02-15-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: more pics
Old 02-15-2010, 05:30 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nice looking bar, looks great Avi8tir!

Old 02-15-2010, 06:18 PM
10GT3 will become famous soon enough10GT3 will become famous soon enough
great job bryan. it looks better in the car than when i saw it during construction (painted and wrapped by a gt3 now).

Old 02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
rwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to behold
Dammit! Something else I gotta buy.....

I like it! How does it affect the sport buckets? Does it limit how far the seats go aft?

Old 02-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Nice looking bar, looks great Avi8tir!
Thanks NorthVan, it looks and fits perfect, appreciate the comments.

Originally Posted by 10GT3
great job bryan. it looks better in the car than when i saw it during construction (painted and wrapped by a gt3 now).
Hi Alan, hope you had a great weekend - thanks for the comments, bar came out very nice.

Originally Posted by rwgrif
I like it! How does it affect the sport buckets? Does it limit how far the seats go aft?
Thanks rwgrif, it doesn't effect the current seats at all. The seat can be moved just about all the way back when in the upright position. Depending on your driving position and how reclined the seat back is, you should not encounter any issues. Now if you drive like your cruising a Cadillac all "reclined back" style - you might have an issue. Avi8tir is quite tall (6'3 I believe) and this bar seems perfect for his GT3 and his driving position while still being comfortable.

Last edited by Sales@RSS; 02-15-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: more info
Old 02-15-2010, 07:35 PM
rwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to behold
Sport Buckets don't recline at all. I see the harness bar part on the drivers side has a curve back but will the passenger seat be restricted? I'm imagining wifey ramming the seat back into the roll bar....

Attached Images   
Old 02-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by rwgrif
Sport Buckets don't recline at all. I see the harness bar part on the drivers side has a curve back but will the passenger seat be restricted? I'm imagining wifey ramming the seat back into the roll bar....
Sorry for the confusion rwgrif, I assumed you were speaking of the seats currently in the car. In regards to the Factory Porsche CF Backed Sport Bucket Seats, we run those in our shop 2010 GT3 and are installing the 6 pt. cage in it that is very similar to the 4 pt. - no issues at all. In regards to the passenger side, the seat can be moved almost all the way back but not quite.... we have some thin padding on the bar behind the passenger seat just for the "woman" factor....

Old 02-15-2010, 07:58 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
In regards to the Factory Porsche CF Backed Sport Bucket Seats, we run those in our shop 2010 GT3 and are installing the 6 pt. cage in it that is very similar to the 4 pt. - no issues at all.
Awesome.

Pics of 6 pt bar installed ASAP please? Expected to fit 2010 RS as well I presume?

Old 02-15-2010, 08:03 PM
GTEE3 is on a distinguished road
RSS Roll Bar

Bryan,
this really looks nice...I will ring you when my car goes into prod.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:07 PM
GTEE3 is on a distinguished road
Bryan,
what is the weight of the roll bar? just the rear, not the full cage.
Thanks

Old 02-15-2010, 08:29 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
I must give more props to the guys at RSS for this one. 2 factors came into play with my needs for a roll bar:
1) I am 6'3"+
2) I have the Adaptive Seats which are slightly wider than the sport buckets and even the standard seats, I believe (other roll bar designs only allow the adaptive seats to be moved back about 3/4 of the way)

RSS really worked with me to get this thing perfect, and it is! I have full range of motion on the drivers side, and plenty of room to be comfortable on the passenger side.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by sayboy
Awesome.

Pics of 6 pt bar installed ASAP please? Expected to fit 2010 RS as well I presume?
Thanks sayboy - much appreciated.
Yes the 6 Pt. will fit the 2010 RS.
We are in the process of doing some upgrades on our 2010 GT3 including carbon kevlar 1" wider fenders with air extractor vents, and some other select mods.
Once we get the rollcage installed, I will post images ASAP.
Here is a quick pic of a blue 6 Pt. rollcage for a 997.2 GT3 that is being shipped to Asia, we will do the same cage in bronze on our car.... Stay tuned.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GTEE3
Bryan,
this really looks nice...I will ring you when my car goes into prod.
what is the weight of the roll bar? just the rear, not the full cage.
Thanks
Thanks GTEE3, congrats on your new car - look forward to hearing from you. We're at your service when you're ready. The 4 Pt. weighs in at around 37 lbs.

Originally Posted by avi8tir
I must give more props to the guys at RSS for this one. 2 factors came into play with my needs for a roll bar:
1) I am 6'3"+
2) I have the Adaptive Seats which are slightly wider than the sport buckets and even the standard seats, I believe (other roll bar designs only allow the adaptive seats to be moved back about 3/4 of the way)

RSS really worked with me to get this thing perfect, and it is! I have full range of motion on the drivers side, and plenty of room to be comfortable on the passenger side.
Thanks avi8tir, it's always a pleasure to see you and work on your GT3. I'm glad you're happy, the bar really came out nicely, we appreciate your business!

Old 02-16-2010, 05:47 PM
akshon is on a distinguished road
Could you post some more pics of how the cae is installed on the floor of the car?

I would like to see how the carpet is cut.

Also is there any noises like creaking and pinging from the bar?

Old 02-17-2010, 09:46 AM
10GT3 will become famous soon enough10GT3 will become famous soon enough
bryan/mike
you need to show up close photos of the unique and might i say extremely strong attach points for the cage. this feature is unlike any other bar i have seen and should make your bar the safest out there. great concept.

alan

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New RSS 4PT. Bolt-In Rollbar Installed