GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2011 GT3 RS coming w/ 33 extra HP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:28 PM
loungedog is on a distinguished road
Talking 2011 GT3 RS coming w/ 33 extra HP!!

Just spoke to the manager of my Porsche dealer and he said that he was just told that the 2011 GT3 RS's are coming with an extra 33 HP for a total of 483 HP.

I asked him if he knew about any details about why the car is getting the extra HP and he said that RS will come with the following changes:

1. 9500 RPM limiter (not sure what it is now)
2. different exhaust
3. new air box
4. new cam

for a total of 33 HP.

Very.... if it is true!

The 2011's are on a boat right now and should land in 2 weeks..not sure when they will be released once they get here.

Can anyone else confirm what was told to me about the extra HP??

PS Sorry, I didn't ask him if the standard 2011 GT3's will be getting these upgrades...I was to surprised to hear about the RS's upgrades.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:38 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
doubt it

Old 05-11-2010, 01:44 PM
f117 is an unknown quantity at this point
9.5k redline????

Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
I think you forgot to mention the part when you woke up

Kidding...

Really doubt it, it would make many unhappy 2010 customers.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
You would see a LARGE mushroom cloud form over the State of Texas in my honor if that happened!!!!!!!!!!!!
I doubt your information.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:12 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
I call B.S.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:37 PM
rmag will become famous soon enough
The dealer is completely clueless as usual. Stuff he quoted in 2,3,4 are changes made from mk1 to mk2. 1 is just retarded.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
That would seem to make more sense that he is accidentally adding the changes from mk1 to mk2 onto what was already done to the mk2.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
I wish they did come with all those extras, then I would definitely make the move!

Old 05-11-2010, 05:49 PM
loungedog is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rmag
The dealer is completely clueless as usual. Stuff he quoted in 2,3,4 are changes made from mk1 to mk2. 1 is just retarded.
Hey guys...please don't shoot the messenger. I understand the internet is full of people throwing crap out on a wall to see what sticks and then hide behind their internet profile. This was not my intention!

I am in agreement with the reaction from most of the posts listed above...it does not make sense for Porsche to make these type's of improvements to the RS when the 2010 car just came out about a month ago.

It has been discussed before that most (not all) car sales people we have delt with do not know enough about the cars they are selling ...in fact, most clients know more about the product then the sales people!

The person I spoke with today (manager of the dealership) seemed to know a great deal about the RS (I was surprised). That being said I still would not have believed him until I pushed him about where he may have heard the info about the changes... he said he had a discussion with a factory Porsche engineer. According to him, the engineer said the factory has dyno'ed the change's made (list given above) and they got an 33 extra crank HP. When I asked him why there is no release saying such from Porsche he said that the factory would not advertise the changes but the changes will eventually come out when the cars start to get delivered. Again...doesn't make political sense but that is what was said to me.

I posted the info because I wanted to give some info on what a manager of a Porsche dealership was saying regarding some changes to the 2011 RS. Hoping some of you would be able to ask around your contacts and find out if there is any truth to what I heard.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:39 PM
ZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of light
As usual another clueless dealer. I hate when i go into a dealer and they tell me all this false information that i know for fact is BS. This seems to be another one of those stories. Its not loungedog's fault leave him alone. If you don't mind sharing, what dealer did you here this at?

Old 05-11-2010, 07:00 PM
rmag will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rmag
Originally Posted by loungedog
Hey guys...please don't shoot the messenger.
Originally Posted by ZBOSS
Its not loungedog's fault leave him alone.
Wasn't doggin' loungedog. It's just so typical of dealerships and their staff when it comes to (not) knowing the cars they sell.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:13 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
I don't believe it. These cars crossed from MY10 to MY11 on week 20 is my understanding. Porsche wouldn't throw in a material set of changes from one week to the next.

I've got a late July build and my car is meant to likely be the second to last US spec car (Seinfeld has the last one as per usual). My dealer is very well informed and he didn't mention any tweaks. That said, MY11 doesn't have an MSRP yet either...so, perhaps there is a 1% chance.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:18 PM
GT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really nice
It make no sense.

First, Porsche start manufacturing the new production year only when they reopen the plant in Germany after the August month shut-down (European vacation...). Impossible that 2011 cars start shipping now... unless Volks is turning the shop upside down !

Old 05-11-2010, 07:57 PM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by GT3Techno
It make no sense.

First, Porsche start manufacturing the new production year only when they reopen the plant in Germany after the August month shut-down (European vacation...). Impossible that 2011 cars start shipping now... unless Volks is turning the shop upside down !

I recieved my vin# already for my in coming 2011 GT3 RS (two to three weeks)...my dealer did not get the msrp yet from Porsche but they were talking about a small increase.

Can anyone tell me what I am to look for in the vin # that tells me that it will be 2011?

Btw: Here is hoping the 2011's get the extra 33 hp...not holding my breath.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2011 GT3 RS coming w/ 33 extra HP!!