Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Nip/Tuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 06:51 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hehe even during your time off you work way too hard man! Way too hard Great write up and really interesting comparo and glad you went the extra mile and used our set up too! Although... you didn't save all the weight you could. You missed a spot... There's MORE weight to save LOL:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-tips-gt3.html

Forgot to add... back in 2007 we were really pissed to see/find that the header bolts were not stainless and just rust... POS! Even the turbo cars have stainless bolts. So now whenever we can we change them out. They're not expensive from the dealer and well worth it. You never know if you have to change them someday and then all rusted they break-off in the head ugh!

Last edited by sharkster; 05-20-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:45 PM
///M*Hershey is infamous around these parts///M*Hershey is infamous around these parts
Excellent write up! read every single post from you. Much appreciated.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:13 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Nice job Dr Mike. I guess the only thing left for you to do is start drinking a lot of Slim Fast.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:41 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hehe even during your time off you work way too hard man! Way too hard Great write up and really interesting comparo and glad you went the extra mile and used our set up too! Although... you didn't save all the weight you could. You missed a spot... There's MORE weight to save LOL:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-tips-gt3.html

Forgot to add... back in 2007 we were really pissed to see/find that the header bolts were not stainless and just rust... POS! Even the turbo cars have stainless bolts. So now whenever we can we change them out. They're not expensive from the dealer and well worth it. You never know if you have to change them someday and then all rusted they break-off in the head ugh!
Oh man ... I can't afford any more titanium in my RS. It will turn into an Avitar lol.

I need to get some stainless bolts for the headers.

Originally Posted by ///M*Hershey
Excellent write up! read every single post from you. Much appreciated.
Thanks

Originally Posted by landjet
Nice job Dr Mike. I guess the only thing left for you to do is start drinking a lot of Slim Fast.
lol

If I get any skinnier I will have to run around in the shower just to get wet

Old 05-21-2010, 12:50 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Excellent info.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:01 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
superlight greenie. mike your car sounded great last tuesday @ TH. now i'd like to hear ak evo + sharky next at LS. should pass sound limit yes?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:55 AM
SinisterSC is infamous around these parts
Great write up!

Thanks for taking the time to document the process and providing both qualitative and quantitative results.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mikymu
Oh man ... I can't afford any more titanium in my RS. It will turn into an Avitar lol.

I need to get some stainless bolts for the headers.

Thanks

lol

If I get any skinnier I will have to run around in the shower just to get wet

Started to see that in my mind; please don't be so graphic.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:28 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
superlight greenie. mike your car sounded great last tuesday @ TH. now i'd like to hear ak evo + sharky next at LS. should pass sound limit yes?
Joe, I think it should pass sound with exhaust going through side mufflers. My street drive by was less than 90 db with Evo and Sharky setup. Now I just need to find ways to secure the connection between upper side muffler pipes and sharky center bypass

Originally Posted by SinisterSC
Great write up!

Thanks for taking the time to document the process and providing both qualitative and quantitative results.
Any time

Originally Posted by Sloopy
Started to see that in my mind; please don't be so graphic.
lol. My BMI (body mass index) is 22 and if I get any thinner I will be unerweight

Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Mike,
Wonderfully documented thread. Appreciate your detailed work. Sounds great! Hope for us guys with the old MK1 RS's...

Old 05-21-2010, 04:21 PM
M3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud of
Glad you guys find it interesting. Everything is up now. My eyes and fingers hurt from all the posting
thanks for sharing: great thread and very useful info.

my dream would be to have the Akra headers and side muffler+ sharky: valves still on so you can either go "quiet" or "louder". for now i only have the sharky and not interested in putting a center muffler back

i dont think they sell those parts seperately. have you any feedback to share about emisssion increase/decresae with the Akra cells? here if you get caught on street with smog control the fine is "ok" but you have like 15-30 days to get everything legal...
big up for the writting

Old 05-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by D-UberCars
Mike,
Wonderfully documented thread. Appreciate your detailed work. Sounds great! Hope for us guys with the old MK1 RS's...
Our 7.1 is just fine and with some choice tunning it will put up a good fight with any 7.2 RS

Originally Posted by M3lelena
thanks for sharing: great thread and very useful info.

my dream would be to have the Akra headers and side muffler+ sharky: valves still on so you can either go "quiet" or "louder". for now i only have the sharky and not interested in putting a center muffler back

i dont think they sell those parts seperately. have you any feedback to share about emisssion increase/decresae with the Akra cells? here if you get caught on street with smog control the fine is "ok" but you have like 15-30 days to get everything legal...
big up for the writting
Thanks. Your choice of exhaust combination is the one I like the most. You can contact Akrapovic for pricing since they do sell these parts separately.

I can't test smog here in California since smog station send everything to DMV even if I am not for smog certification. I did not want to chance not pass smog and having to put stock exhaust back just to get it pass again. Good news is that there are no annoying exhaust fume with Akrapovic 100 cell cats. You can't tell if it's stock or Akrapovic by smell along ... but sound is a different story

Old 05-24-2010, 02:56 AM
Looney is infamous around these parts
I know this might be a little off topic, but can you please advise what garage floor coating you have there? is it epoxy with grip ?

Old 05-24-2010, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by Looney
I know this might be a little off topic, but can you please advise what garage floor coating you have there? is it epoxy with grip ?
No Problem. It is epoxy and professionally installed. They sprinkle some paint like flakes on top before it dries to help make it none slip

Old 05-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Looney is infamous around these parts
No Problem. It is epoxy and professionally installed. They sprinkle some paint like flakes on top before it dries to help make it none slip
Thanks mate,

that's what i was hoping, as i want the same finish in my Garage.

Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nip/Tuck