GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Nip/Tuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Mahzari is on a distinguished road
Your car and your work are amazing. I'd love to hear a video of the sharky system under full load, it seems ridiculous

Old 05-24-2010, 07:41 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Very smooth driving. How about going to 2nd gear in some of those turns ? Also how about downshifting sooner to use some rear engine braking so you can brake later into the turns...

Old 05-24-2010, 10:59 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mahzari
Your car and your work are amazing. I'd love to hear a video of the sharky system under full load, it seems ridiculous
Oh man ... straight pipe is too loud even for me

Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Very smooth driving. How about going to 2nd gear in some of those turns ? Also how about downshifting sooner to use some rear engine braking so you can brake later into the turns...
Yeah, next step is to improve the driver instead of the car

Old 05-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikymu
Yeah, next step is to improve the driver instead of the car
I noticed a big improvement already from your earlier driving videos to this latest one. Way to go!

I would suggest trying smaller, tighter tracks. More 2nd gear turns. For example, I was trying to improve my driving at Willow (big track). It was too fast for me to get conformable pushing the limits. I spun doing over 90mph there and it was a wake-up call. Luckily I stayed on the track. I started doing the OC Racecraft events in Irvine at el Toro. And really pushed myself and the car as it is really tight with safe paved run-offs. It significantly improved my driving. I want to do a couple POC events at Streets of Willow to see what improvements I've made. Maybe a couple tight course events will help you with getting more comfortable trail-braking and getting on the gas sooner. Keep it up. I enjoy your posts and seeing your progress! Cheers - Laguna Dude

Old 05-24-2010, 11:24 PM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
mikymu,

I just thought you should know that you are my hero

--JC

Old 05-25-2010, 12:58 PM
kris is on a distinguished road
Great information, excellent writeup and very smooth and quiet hands on the wheel at the track.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:07 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Wow, excellent information and great DIY pictorial. Thanks for all the time and energy that you put into this fascinating thread Doc.. Your skills are improving quickly, much smoother and faster in the transition.. Great job!! Kenny

Old 05-25-2010, 11:49 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
I noticed a big improvement already from your earlier driving videos to this latest one. Way to go!

I would suggest trying smaller, tighter tracks. More 2nd gear turns. For example, I was trying to improve my driving at Willow (big track). It was too fast for me to get conformable pushing the limits. I spun doing over 90mph there and it was a wake-up call. Luckily I stayed on the track. I started doing the OC Racecraft events in Irvine at el Toro. And really pushed myself and the car as it is really tight with safe paved run-offs. It significantly improved my driving. I want to do a couple POC events at Streets of Willow to see what improvements I've made. Maybe a couple tight course events will help you with getting more comfortable trail-braking and getting on the gas sooner. Keep it up. I enjoy your posts and seeing your progress! Cheers - Laguna Dude
Thanks. I totally agree that driving in slower and tighter turn track will help with my driving. Thunderhill can be fast and I spun so many time there (and seen so many crashes including roll over) I became gun shy on most turns. Perhaps some autoX can help too

Originally Posted by JC919
mikymu,

I just thought you should know that you are my hero

--JC
Thanks for the kind word JC

Originally Posted by kris
Great information, excellent writeup and very smooth and quiet hands on the wheel at the track.
Yeah, I like to drive smooth instead of abrupt stop and go or hands all over the steering wheel.

Originally Posted by SmoothCab
Wow, excellent information and great DIY pictorial. Thanks for all the time and energy that you put into this fascinating thread Doc.. Your skills are improving quickly, much smoother and faster in the transition.. Great job!! Kenny
Any time. I really need to stop modding the car and mod the driver instead ... but it is just so much fun to DIY

Old 05-27-2010, 05:04 PM
mjnsx07 is on a distinguished road
Your are absolutel right. PURE SEX
It is a shame you don't see them when you are driving.
Fine machinery and great selection of parts

Old 05-28-2010, 10:37 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Amazing post. Thanks for all the work.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:21 PM
cyruz is on a distinguished road
excellent thread !

Old 05-29-2010, 02:46 AM
^^^

Thanks guys

I am wrenching in the garage as we speak taking off the Race set up and install the Evolution configuration with Sharky bypass in preparation for Laguna Seca

Will give more feedback on the Evolution setup next week after Laguna.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:04 PM
sspikey is a jewel in the roughsspikey is a jewel in the roughsspikey is a jewel in the roughsspikey is a jewel in the rough
Get some earplugs, find a tunnel and put that last straight pipe exhaust through some serious redlining. would love to see a video!

I think i would die of laughter as i already think that is one of the top 3 loudest things i have ever heard. Sounds good though.

Heck right now im driving a turbo 996 with loudest Fabspeed and i think thats already wildly loud.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Davidham is on a distinguished road
Great pics, and vid of Thunder Hill!!! Can you give us an est. of the cost of the parts, and time it took? Love the weight savings!

Thanks

Old 06-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by sspikey
Get some earplugs, find a tunnel and put that last straight pipe exhaust through some serious redlining. would love to see a video!

I think i would die of laughter as i already think that is one of the top 3 loudest things i have ever heard. Sounds good though.

Heck right now im driving a turbo 996 with loudest Fabspeed and i think thats already wildly loud.
lol

I ran the Evolution with Sharky center bypass at Laguna on Monday - it was so loud I got meatball every session. I totally LOVE IT! Back to drawing board to tone down the exhaust couple notch in this configuration

Originally Posted by Davidham
Great pics, and vid of Thunder Hill!!! Can you give us an est. of the cost of the parts, and time it took? Love the weight savings!

Thanks
I don't have the exact cost but Euro is dirt cheap so that means you can source these Akrapovic at a great discount. Anyone up for a group buy?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nip/Tuck