GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

CGT lapping Ferrari on track

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-05-2005, 07:21 PM
John H in MD is on a distinguished road
I've got eXeem up and running, and searched for and found the two videos. I'll probably uninstall it after the download's are successful, but right now it's downloading nothing and just says awaiting peers as well. I may be misunderstanding the nature of these sharing services, but I think petert, as the original seed, needs to have his connection on so that he can upload it to us and provide more points of sharing. Oh well.

Last edited by John H in MD; 03-05-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
someone post the video on www.yousendit.com

and then post the link here

Old 03-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Nobody has the full video downloaded.

Old 03-05-2005, 11:13 PM
petert is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by John H in MD
I've got eXeem up and running, and searched for and found the two videos. I'll probably uninstall it after the download's are successful, but right now it's downloading nothing and just says awaiting peers as well. I may be misunderstanding the nature of these sharing services, but I think petert, as the original seed, needs to have his connection on so that he can upload it to us and provide more points of sharing. Oh well.
It's been on. I don't know what the heck it's doing , but the one named "cgt2.mpg" finally uploaded. The other 2 say "0" MB.

"yousendit.com" says it has a 1MB limit.

Old 03-06-2005, 09:46 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by ben, lj
really, what car is that? the donkey one (is that "production" car even US street legal like the CS and CGT with all the weight penalties that entails)? if so, didn't it do 7:18 vs. the 7:28 rohl achieved 7/04 w/ the cgt (hardly "30 seconds")? incidentally, the cornering ability (not a product of hp for sure) of the CGT dwarfs that of the CS despite the tire advantage very much going too the CS. same rubber and it would be scary fast (probably even donkey car fast). lastly, the CGT is at least 100 lbs heavier than the CS.

and you know from past experience with the pcar vs. fcar that the "price" argument is a loser's one. it's the same one the pcar guys use against the fcar guys even though their much cheaper cars whoop the similar segment fcar equivalent.

the "production" vehicle:

http://speed.supercars.net/Pics?vpf2...mID=617449&l=d

the 1388 lb "production" vehicle with the 125 mph top speed (and i don't even think this is the "RS" version which achieved the 7:18 - ON SLICKS):

http://www.donkervoort.nl/car/techspecs.pdf
Ben my point is what is the big deal that a CGT is spanking a Stradale? Would it be a big deal to show a Stradale spanking a Boxster?

BTW I am suprised to hear that the Stradale is lighter than the CGT.

Old 03-06-2005, 10:16 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by nberry
Ben my point is what is the big deal that a CGT is spanking a Stradale?
There was a thread on here (see link below) wherein some CS owners were curious as to just HOW much better the CGT was than the CS.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=21562

They didn't take it as a personal afront against Fcars but were instead thinking about upgrading to the substantially better CGT. I'm sure Ferrari appreciates your tireless defense of the brand, but these guys have an open mind and wanted to know the truth so they could make a more informed decision. You'd think with the silly mark ups and wait lists, Ferrari wouldn't need such help.

Obtaining the truth is not in any way enhanced by throwing up the incomparable Donkey car in a Fcar/Pcar video comparison thread in the US where the Donkey car can't even be driven (if you'd even want to).

Old 03-06-2005, 12:31 PM
petert is on a distinguished road
I posted smaller (compressed) versions if anyone wants to try again.... plus it looks like a few people are currently grabbing them using eXeem. (but I don't think the p2p systems are well suited to large, infrequently, downloaded files - better for mass volume stuff like Britney vids where thousands download them).

Old 03-06-2005, 12:45 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
There was a thread on here (see link below) wherein some CS owners were curious as to just HOW much better the CGT was than the CS.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=21562

They didn't take it as a personal afront against Fcars but were instead thinking about upgrading to the substantially better CGT. I'm sure Ferrari appreciates your tireless defense of the brand, but these guys have an open mind and wanted to know the truth so they could make a more informed decision. You'd think with the silly mark ups and wait lists, Ferrari wouldn't need such help.

Obtaining the truth is not in any way enhanced by throwing up the incomparable Donkey car in a Fcar/Pcar video comparison thread in the US where the Donkey car can't even be driven (if you'd even want to).
You and I both know the CS and CGT are worlds apart. I did not realize anyone was looking for a comparison. Really nothing to compare. One is a supercar and the other a terrific car.

Old 03-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by nberry
You and I both know the CS and CGT are worlds apart. I did not realize anyone was looking for a comparison. Really nothing to compare. One is a supercar and the other a terrific car.
well put. like them, before i got mine, i had a hard time seeing the $ diff between the two as justifiable. it was hard to imagine how i could ever want anything more than the CS (which is a fantastic car), but the CS is truly a bore (save for the wonderful sound) now.

Old 03-06-2005, 10:54 PM
amirgt2 is on a distinguished road
well put. like them, before i got mine, i had a hard time seeing the $ diff between the two as justifiable. it was hard to imagine how i could ever want anything more than the CS (which is a fantastic car), but the CS is truly a bore (save for the wonderful sound) now.

Agreed. Now aren't you happy your dealer didn't refund you your money?

Old 03-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by amirgt2
Agreed. Now aren't you happy your dealer didn't refund you your money?

yep! while i would have liked to get it for $50K+ less (current market) two months later than i paid sticker, i probably wouldn't have bought it cause i wouldn't have given it another chance after driving larry's.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by petert
I posted smaller (compressed) versions if anyone wants to try again.... plus it looks like a few people are currently grabbing them using eXeem. (but I don't think the p2p systems are well suited to large, infrequently, downloaded files - better for mass volume stuff like Britney vids where thousands download them).
someone else also has the uncompressed ones:

http://www.volvoxcomputers.com/rofne...hpBB2/cgt1.mod

http://www.volvoxcomputers.com/rofne...hpBB2/cgt2.mod

Old 03-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Your probably one of the few people on the planet that considers driving the CS a bore.

It is all relative.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
Top Gear tested the CGT and the CS on their track with the same driver with many practice runs on each car. The CGT was only 2.5 seconds faster after about a minute and 20 seconds of driving:

Enzo: 1:19:00
CGT: 1:19:8
Ford GT: 1:21:9
CS: 1:22:3

On the street with similar drivers, the CGT and the CS will be together for hours. I agree that the CGT has a G-force rush, but that doesn't mean it's going to lose a CS on the street!

Also, it seems the CS may provide (for me) a more "flying through the air" experience than the CGT. When sitting in a CGT, I'm looking at the hood and gauges, while in the CS, I'm looking at the road. Do you guys feel that way also?

Old 03-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Bill S
Top Gear tested the CGT and the CS on their track with the same driver with many practice runs on each car. The CGT was only 2.5 seconds faster after about a minute and 20 seconds of driving:

Enzo: 1:19:00
CGT: 1:19:8
Ford GT: 1:21:9
CS: 1:22:3

On the street with similar drivers, the CGT and the CS will be together for hours. I agree that the CGT has a G-force rush, but that doesn't mean it's going to lose a CS on the street!

Also, it seems the CS may provide (for me) a more "flying through the air" experience than the CGT. When sitting in a CGT, I'm looking at the hood and gauges, while in the CS, I'm looking at the road. Do you guys feel that way also?
Actually I've been thru the twisties with a professionally driven CS (MUCH better skills than I possess) and the CGT owned him. The CGT pulls considerably more lateral Gs than a CS (and it's just not due to significantly larger contact patches, racing suspension, considerably more rigidity, better job with unsprung weight with magnesium wheels/push rod suspension, etc). A CS can do no better than a GT3 and the GT3s disappear behind me within a couple of turns in the moutains when piloted by similar drivers. Oh how I wish a more serious tire option (maybe akin to the CS's) was availble for the CGT. It would be CRAZY.

Yes the CS is fun but it's lack of torque and hand shifting can be on the boring side to me. FWIW, I find the view out of the CGT to be great and my driver's seat is 10 mm lower than regular. So, if you experienced that, maybe you want to sit in one with the standard height seats.

You and I will hook up againi soon Bill and I will make a believer out of you

Last edited by ben, lj; 03-08-2005 at 07:22 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: CGT lapping Ferrari on track