Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carerra GT owners (more)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 09:33 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Carerra GT owners (more)

what car did u own before stepping to the big GT?
and how do they compare to the GT?

Old 01-31-2005, 08:19 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Re: Carerra GT owners (more)

Originally posted by LIL RAJA
stradale, and while the brakes are just as good on it, acceleration seems woefully lame. the stradale is a whole lot more go kart like though and is a fantastic car.

Old 01-31-2005, 10:34 AM
amirgt2 is infamous around these parts
Re: Carerra GT owners (more)

Originally posted by LIL RAJA
GT2, Stradale, various modified 993 & 996 turbos...and to be honest with you they really don't compare to the CGT.

The CGT is a culmination of all the best parts of these cars raised to yet another level.

Amir

Old 01-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
Re: Re: Carerra GT owners (more)

Originally posted by amirgt2
The CGT is a culmination of all the best parts of these cars raised to yet another level.

Amir
Just wondering, is the CGT so much better that you no longer have the urge to drive your other cars?

Old 01-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Re: Re: Re: Carerra GT owners (more)

Originally posted by Bill S
Just wondering, is the CGT so much better that you no longer have the urge to drive your other cars?
can't speak for amir, but my stradale has only been driven (briefly) twice in the last month, and one of those was to obtain a tech inspection while the other was just some errands within a mile or two of the house just to get it out!

Old 01-31-2005, 05:28 PM
Bill,

I still love my other cars but everytime I take one of them out I instantly get the urge to come right back home and swap it with the CGT.

Since I got my CGT I've only driven the Stradale about 150 miles and the GT2 another 200 miles.

Bill, I know you're itching to get one and keep trying to talk yourself out of it but trust me as was the case with me and then Ben, if you can get any decent amount of seat time in one, you will forget all about your RUF and 360 CS. It's just that good.

Old 01-31-2005, 06:48 PM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Carerra GT owners (more)

Originally posted by Bill S

Hey Bill,

Didn't realize it was you I was talking with at Pioneer today about our Stradales. Nice to meet you!

Are you thinking about getting that gorgeous Carrera GT?

Kurt

Old 02-01-2005, 07:19 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
now i wish i could drive a CGT for once.

hmmm. is it that good???

Old 02-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi guys. It's a funny thing about these cars. I get bored of things very fast and, somewhat related, always want the fastest and the best. I use all of the cars I have now equally. The CS when I want the looks, sound, paddle shifters and go-kart experience (a noisy red CS with a stripe causes quite a scene). The Ruf when I want the raw acceleration. The Viper when I want to tear-up the tires, show-off the engine, or want the sun and wind in my face.

Would replacing all with a CGT make me less bored? Probably not. I think I would be bored in a year or two if the CGT were my only recreational car, especially if Porsche or Ferrari come out with a faster car. Would I replace an existing car with a CGT? Probably yes. However, I will wait to do that since I'm not bored with the cars I have now, and a used CGT may be had for a better price later (i.e., I can use the extra $100K or so to build another garage or buy another car!).

I'd like to see what you guys are doing in another year! The problem, for me, is always wanting the best. Even an Enzo and McLaren sitting in my garage will get old if there is something much better.

Bottom line: if I knew the CGT price was not going to go down, I would buy one today. But, since I'm not bored now, I will wait.

Of course, we are all VERY fortunate to have these experiences.

Last edited by Bill S; 02-01-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:28 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Amir- I hear you have a great collection of cars - got any pics of them together ? I need a new desktop pic!

Old 02-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Darren,

I don't have a picture with all of them together yet, but I'll try to work it in this weekend and send them to you next week.

Amir

Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Darren,

I don't have a picture with all of them together yet, but I'll try to work it in this weekend and send them to you next week.

Amir
that picture brought tears to my eyes.
so damn hotttttt!
Let's see some of the other pix of the car.

Raja

Old 02-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Bill, I know you're itching to get one and keep trying to talk yourself out of it but trust me as was the case with me and then Ben, if you can get any decent amount of seat time in one, you will forget all about your RUF and 360 CS. It's just that good.
Bill said he has some videos of a CGT lapping Stradales on a track he's going to post!

Old 02-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Darren,

Amir
That is a great picture! It really shows how the two cars are very similar regarding cooling, aerodynamics and styling (form follows function). Thanks for posting!

Old 02-03-2005, 09:04 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Great shot Amir, beautiful cars..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carerra GT owners (more)