GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Need to comment!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 PM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
This is quite astonishing and almost unbelievable. A car is just a car.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 PM
myGT3RS will become famous soon enough
T-Mac, I'm certain that most everyone here can relate as a lot of us have come across similar YOYO's.

There are a lot of insecure ppl out there without any real identity that have an immense need for attention.

Unfortunately the ultimate desire for affirmation precipitates in what is perceived as the ultimate exotic by these bafoons, hence the flaunting exhibited by SOME of the narrow minded F-car owners.

As owner of both P&F-cars, I can attest that such behavior exists in all circles of exotics and should in no way deter you in dishing it back.

My advise is to borrow one of your friends' Ferraris and show up at the next Porsche meet and see what kind of reception you get

Old 03-07-2011, 11:04 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
There are elitists, then there are enthusiasts.

Just as there were members at that Ferrari get together treated you snobbishly, there were probably owners who appreciate all incredible cars - the GT3RS included. Unfortunately, we tend to remember the jerks in a crowd. (I remember that it was not so long ago that Porsche owners posted pretentious remarks about the Nissan GT-R on this forum.)

Old 03-07-2011, 11:21 PM
crackberry005 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by myGT3RS
T-Mac, I'm certain that most everyone here can relate as a lot of us have come across similar YOYO's.

There are a lot of insecure ppl out there without any real identity that have an immense need for attention.

Unfortunately the ultimate desire for affirmation precipitates in what is perceived as the ultimate exotic by these bafoons, hence the flaunting exhibited by SOME of the narrow minded F-car owners.

As owner of both P&F-cars, I can attest that such behavior exists in all circles of exotics and should in no way deter you in dishing it back.

My advise is to borrow one of your friends' Ferraris and show up at the next Porsche meet and see what kind of reception you get
+1

these ppl obviously have many other issues that they need to sort out if they are ragging on you based on the car you drive, esp a car of that caliber. who cares. let them say what they are going to say. it doesnt affect you. i drive a car thats on the exact opposite end of the spectrum from everyone on this forum. i dont care when other ppl give me guff for driving a camry. its my choice. i want to wait for the new 991s and there is nothing anyone can say that can make me feel bad or change my mind about my decision.

so, you shouldnt let other ppl make you feel bad for purchasing your gt3 rs. you bought an awesome car because you like it. we arent high school girls; so dont let these Lidnsay Lohan Mean Girls remarks get under your skin. i wouldnt ever pull up in your friends f car because that means that dbs like him win. just drive what you like to drive and tell everyone else to f*ck if they have a problem with u. it works for me.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:14 AM
GTbeowulf is on a distinguished road
So sad it's funny. Most of those guys probably don't know what to do with a clutch and a manual as their cars drive themselves. lol.
In LA most Ferrari's are cruisers with owners who get their thrills by revving the engine
between red lights. I've seen it many times. Lambo owners... ditto and worse.
BTW some of they guys may have been saying things "tongue in cheek" but who knows.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:56 AM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
I wonder if some of the owners are inherently tools with serious personality trait problems that flock to these high end exotic cars to fulfill their insecurities or do they get that way after buying the car.
I think for most the former. But I've seen it with other car guys. It just seems to be more prevalent with the Ferrari guys.
If these higher end sports exotic cars came only in manual would the number of these people decrease across the board?????
I never saw this culture until I started attending car meets. sad really.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:12 AM
DJH
DJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really nice
As said before, this can be said about any car group. It isn't everyone but just a stupid few.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:54 PM
aussie jimmy will become famous soon enoughaussie jimmy will become famous soon enough
if you need a lesson in insecurities, just join f-chat for a month....that's the real deal right there, y'all!

Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 AM
David993S will become famous soon enough
Interesting observations. Here's mine:

I own both Ferrari and Porsche, currently belong to both PCA and FCA and have for many years. The local (and I emphasize local) PCA chapter is the most cliqueish, snobbish bunch of eliteists I have ever met. They always want to play the "one-upmanship, my (car, house, vacation, etc.) is better than yours" game. And the ones that do a few track days a year are the worst - they consider themselves to be real "racing" experts. The local PCA chapter members act so aloof and "off-putting" that I don't even go to most of the events or social gatherings anymore. I attend about one event a year in hopes is seeing a different kind of attitude, but I never do.

On the other hand, the local (again emphasizing local) FCA group is the most down-to-earth, unpretentious, friendly group of enthusiats I've encountered in a long time. The folks that clearly have more money than God (ones that own multiple newer Ferraris or the ones that own six and seven figure vintage Ferraris) are just as nice and friendly as the guy who has streched to buy his 308. I just don't encounter the "I am better than you" mentality.

Just my observations and perspectives. YMMV.

(and T-Mac - if you showed up in your GT3RS at one of our local Ferrari club events, you'd be welcomed and folks would admire and respect your car).

Last edited by David993S; 03-12-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:58 AM
myGT3RS will become famous soon enough
Well said...

Originally Posted by David993S
Interesting observations. Here's mine:

I own both Ferrari and Porsche, currently belong to both PCA and FCA and have for many years. The local (and I emphasize local) PCA chapter is the most cliqueish, snobbish bunch of eliteists I have ever met. They always want to play the "one-upmanship, my (car, house, vacation, etc.) is better than yours" game. And the ones that do a few track days a year are the worst - they consider themselves to be real "racing" experts. The local PCA chapter members act so aloof and "off-putting" that I don't even go to most of the events or social gatherings anymore. I attend about one event a year in hopes is seeing a different kind of attitude, but I never do.

On the other hand, the local (again emphasizing local) FCA group is the most down-to-earth, unpretentious, friendly group of enthusiats I've encountered in a long time. The folks that clearly have more money than God (ones that own multiple newer Ferraris or the ones that own six and seven figure vintage Ferraris) are just as nice and friendly as the guy who has streched to buy his 308. I just don't encounter the "I am better than you" mentality.

Just my observations and perspectives. YMMV.

(and T-Mac - if you showed up in your GT3RS at one of our local Ferrari club events, you'd be welcomed and folks would admire and respect your car).

Old 03-12-2011, 05:10 PM
angcrazy is on a distinguished road
Most Ferrari owners are D-bags. I had a 360 Spider for three months and felt so fickle with the car. (It was always a childhood dream) I sold it back to the dealer for a small lose and promised myself I would never stoop to thier level. It was nothing like my 07 Gt3 which i sold at the time to buy the 360. Most of these guys dont even know whether there cars are front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, or 4 wheel drive (lol). They buy them because they have the money.

I had a lot of dislikes about the car, especially the clanky paddle shifting transmission worse than my wife's smg in an 03 M3. I liked that tranny in my wifes car but not for me. 6 speed manuals forever.

You should have told that guy that if he really knew something about bulletproof, high performance driving machines he should get a 911GT3 and take his high priced Fiat and try to keep up with you. (I never felt in control taking sweeping mountain curves with the 360 because the tires were so skinny and I always was sliding the car meanwhile i could never break my 07' GT3 lose unless i beat on the car)

I can also vouch that Ferraris have a lot from the Fiat parts bins, being American-Italian and living in Italy as a kid and traveling to Italy every few years to see family I can insult these guys who have no idea about these cars just that they buy them as status synbols.

Anyway i would have told him where to go

Old 03-12-2011, 07:19 PM
David993S will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by angcrazy
Most Ferrari owners are D-bags. I had a 360 Spider for three months and felt so fickle with the car. (It was always a childhood dream) I sold it back to the dealer for a small lose and promised myself I would never stoop to thier level. It was nothing like my 07 Gt3 which i sold at the time to buy the 360. Most of these guys dont even know whether there cars are front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, or 4 wheel drive (lol). They buy them because they have the money.

I had a lot of dislikes about the car, especially the clanky paddle shifting transmission worse than my wife's smg in an 03 M3. I liked that tranny in my wifes car but not for me. 6 speed manuals forever.

You should have told that guy that if he really knew something about bulletproof, high performance driving machines he should get a 911GT3 and take his high priced Fiat and try to keep up with you. (I never felt in control taking sweeping mountain curves with the 360 because the tires were so skinny and I always was sliding the car meanwhile i could never break my 07' GT3 lose unless i beat on the car)

I can also vouch that Ferraris have a lot from the Fiat parts bins, being American-Italian and living in Italy as a kid and traveling to Italy every few years to see family I can insult these guys who have no idea about these cars just that they buy them as status synbols.

Anyway i would have told him where to go
......he says, making my point for me.

Last edited by David993S; 03-12-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:30 PM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
To the OP: too bad you haven't tried some real sarcastic comments...
Everyone loves Ferraris, but this attitude is just plain stupid. Obviously not enthusiasts nor people making funny comments. Just plain people...

Old 03-12-2011, 10:01 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by T-Mac
So I was asked by my buddy to go to a Ferrari meet at a winery yesterday. My buddy owns 2 Ferraris and is a completely awesome down to earth guy and a great friend. He has driven my GT3RS and says is it the most amazing car he has ever driven and would probably beat most Ferraris.

So...I go to the meet and back in like all the other Ferraris. Some guy pulls in about 15 minutes after me, comes up and introduces himself and I say hi. I say, "Nice Ferrari...I'm the guy with the German car over there" (as I point to my beautiful 2011 GT3RS). The guy looks at me and says, "You should have kept backing in further and parked down the slope in the weeds". I looked at him and had to bit my tongue.

Next...some guy pulls in the lot with a beautiful 430. I again say that I have the GT3RS over there. He looks at me and says, "So you are a follower and followed the Ferraris here." I stopped for a second...looked at him and said, "Follow...nope..I am the guy that gets followed by Ferraris when I put my right foot to the floor".

Lastly, at lunch so guy keeps calling his car "Her". I laughed inside the entire time!! I almost said that Porsche owners don't call their cars "her" because there is nothing feminine about a Porsche...especially the GT3RS...it is a PURE BEAST!

So...I had to get that off my chest. I can tell you that will be the LAST time I got to anything with that group! Oh yea...who ever said wearing all the Ferrari garb looked good?
there are ferrari poseurs and tifosi's.
a know of a few ferrari drivers who can really wheel and know cars well. then there are ferrari drivers who can't tell the difference the stick b/n the seats vs the stick b'n their legs.

to say an RS is not worthy with the 430/458's, shows their lack of car knowledge. just b/c a car is less in $ doesn't mean the engineering is any less impressive. my S2000 lump is every bit as good as my RS motor. in fact, better. and a miata is probably the BEST modern sports car period. so next time you have such conversation with that ferrari driver, i suggest you tail gate him. i do that often with ferrari posuers, 6" off their bumper and scare the crap out of them. watch their expression on the rear view mirror, priceless. and if i happen to be in my GMC 3/4 ton, i often just squeeze them right into the shoulder of the road.

on the other hand, there are porschephile and porsche posuers. so it's really the PPL not the car brand that matters.