GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Need to comment!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 11:02 AM
T-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to behold
Need to comment!

So I was asked by my buddy to go to a Ferrari meet at a winery yesterday. My buddy owns 2 Ferraris and is a completely awesome down to earth guy and a great friend. He has driven my GT3RS and says is it the most amazing car he has ever driven and would probably beat most Ferraris.

So...I go to the meet and back in like all the other Ferraris. Some guy pulls in about 15 minutes after me, comes up and introduces himself and I say hi. I say, "Nice Ferrari...I'm the guy with the German car over there" (as I point to my beautiful 2011 GT3RS). The guy looks at me and says, "You should have kept backing in further and parked down the slope in the weeds". I looked at him and had to bit my tongue.

Next...some guy pulls in the lot with a beautiful 430. I again say that I have the GT3RS over there. He looks at me and says, "So you are a follower and followed the Ferraris here." I stopped for a second...looked at him and said, "Follow...nope..I am the guy that gets followed by Ferraris when I put my right foot to the floor".

Lastly, at lunch so guy keeps calling his car "Her". I laughed inside the entire time!! I almost said that Porsche owners don't call their cars "her" because there is nothing feminine about a Porsche...especially the GT3RS...it is a PURE BEAST!

So...I had to get that off my chest. I can tell you that will be the LAST time I got to anything with that group! Oh yea...who ever said wearing all the Ferrari garb looked good?

Old 03-07-2011, 11:28 AM
YoopsRacing will become famous soon enough
The Ferrari group is quite a fickle group to say the least......but then so is the lambo group.....

Old 03-07-2011, 11:33 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Wow. Good for you, man for not stooping to their level. Seriously, what's wrong with some people?

Old 03-07-2011, 11:38 AM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Next time walk up and go is that your Ferrari i just backed into.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
No Ferrari here but somehow that is my generalization of Ferrari owners.

Porsches: Car enthusiast, I drive PCH, not Rodeo

Ferrari: wtf is PCH, hold my bags (while shopping in Rodeo Drive)

Old 03-07-2011, 12:02 PM
T-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tonka858
Next time walk up and go is that your Ferrari i just backed into.
PERFECT.. I use the Cayenne for that!

Old 03-07-2011, 12:54 PM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
enjoy your awesome car and ignore them...

Old 03-07-2011, 01:23 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Mac
So...I had to get that off my chest. I can tell you that will be the LAST time I got to anything with that group! Oh yea...who ever said wearing all the Ferrari garb looked good?
you just got to wrong event, there are some clubs that do run mixed exotic cars on a track, if you run with them you will see it is prety much same performance oriented people and guys with scuds beat most p-cars easily.

vanity fairs attract different personalities and ferrari by itself probably got not much to do with that, you would get same attitude from $200K+ handwatch collectors, etc. demostrating how great is your old rolex timepiece for hammering down nails into 2x4s.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:53 PM
pfan12000 will become famous soon enoughpfan12000 will become famous soon enough
You cannot generalize all Ferrari owners by the few that you happened to meet. Your friend is not like the others. I have a best friend up in the Bay area who is a Ferrari owner and also likes Porsches (he had a 2007 GT3RS and a Challenge Stradale). Now he only has the 430 Scuderia and will probably get a 458 Scuderia when it comes out. The Northern CA crowd is more appreciative of exotic car culture than Southern CA. Go a their weekly saturday morning meet at Santana Row ( see ferrarichat.com).

Old 03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
RudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to behold
My observation is that there are d-bags in any group and it really isn't exclusive to any marque. I've met cool Ferrari guys and I have had the misfortune of having to interact with some unpleasant Porsche guys in the past. Just ignore the d-bags and hang out with a different crowd next time.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
So I was asked by my buddy to go to a Ferrari meet at a winery yesterday. My buddy owns 2 Ferraris and is a completely awesome down to earth guy and a great friend. He has driven my GT3RS and says is it the most amazing car he has ever driven and would probably beat most Ferraris.

So...I go to the meet and back in like all the other Ferraris. Some guy pulls in about 15 minutes after me, comes up and introduces himself and I say hi. I say, "Nice Ferrari...I'm the guy with the German car over there" (as I point to my beautiful 2011 GT3RS). The guy looks at me and says, "You should have kept backing in further and parked down the slope in the weeds". I looked at him and had to bit my tongue.

Next...some guy pulls in the lot with a beautiful 430. I again say that I have the GT3RS over there. He looks at me and says, "So you are a follower and followed the Ferraris here." I stopped for a second...looked at him and said, "Follow...nope..I am the guy that gets followed by Ferraris when I put my right foot to the floor".

Lastly, at lunch so guy keeps calling his car "Her". I laughed inside the entire time!! I almost said that Porsche owners don't call their cars "her" because there is nothing feminine about a Porsche...especially the GT3RS...it is a PURE BEAST!

Just curious.....about how old was the guy that said this?

Old 03-07-2011, 03:37 PM
He was probably in his late 50's.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:37 PM
lars1nyc is on a distinguished road
As an owner of Fcars, it is sad to see this attitude exhibited. I find that the ****** bags that exhibit this are the same ones that never get the car wet, see a cloudy day and do any other "unholy" thing with the car. I own my share of Ferrari swag too but never wear it while driving the cars. That being said, the ones who are true enthusiasts are out there putting miles on the engine be it on the track or cruising down the highway. We're not all as bad as the db's you ran into, just harder to find!

Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about

Sad that happens.......Its almost a 180degree of that around here, well with the group on FChat where many of the Fcar owners (GM from FOA included) are good friends and we have a great time out on the rides. Purely car lovers all. (In your case, the guy with the 430, you should have handed him a December issue of EVO to study for a while).

...Although not to say there is not a large population in the area that thinks the proper breeding ground for sport/exotics is down near the Lenox mall with valet parking......

Old 03-07-2011, 08:25 PM
crackberry005 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RudyTT
My observation is that there are d-bags in any group and it really isn't exclusive to any marque. I've met cool Ferrari guys and I have had the misfortune of having to interact with some unpleasant Porsche guys in the past. Just ignore the d-bags and hang out with a different crowd next time.
i completely agree with this and i would argue that there are dbs everywhere in all groups, not just car.

haha, i wonder what he would say to me with my lil camry. lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need to comment!