GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

R.I.P. Ryan Dunn from Jackass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 PM
BeachBum1 is on a distinguished road
Ducky993.....soooo true

Old 06-23-2011, 09:30 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ducky993
I quoted a news article, objectively... It is up to your own interpretation as to which lines I pick and chose to represent and whether you can ascertain their relevance. Per the moderator, I am not allowed to insult your intelligence. So I will leave it at that.\

Let's keep this civil.
Well since you quoted an article and I quoted you...objectively, I must admit this. I would be a total moron (i'm allowed to insult myself) to believe that a person who doesn't look drunk must not be drunk. A person who chooses to drink shots that random strangers buy for him would not be at fault for his actions because he didn't buy them. I would be a total idiot to think that just because video surveillance shows me "walking around" normally, that I must be fine to drive.

Either way, I do hope his family will find peace. I also feel sorry for his passenger and family and loved ones. The best thing that can come out of this is the exposure that it gets. The fact we are talking about this, maybe one person thinks twice before he drinks and drives.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
Originally Posted by robsled
Move along to what?
I'm not on "your side" in thinking this guy was a hero. Your opinion is yours... not mine. Cracks me up that some people can't handle opinions that aren't in agreement with their own. I find it interesting if not telling that other discussion forums with this same thread topic is mostly unanimous in calling this guy out for what he was. For some reason here on 6speed most hold Dunn in some holy regard that the world will never be the same without him. Reality check> 99% don't care.
People die everyday. Great people, humanitarians that have offered so much to others throughout their lives pass without even hearing about them. This guy shoves stuff up his butt, gets drunk and kills himself and his passenger and it's soooo sad.

Yeah, I'm moving along.
Get over yourself... please quote me where I considered Ryan to be a "hero" or even indicated whether I support or detest this catastrophe.

I will make easy for you (with reference to "hero")

You = 3
jssporsche = 1
sunir = 1 out of context ("Superhero") (One of the few rational people in this thread.)
Me = 0 (unless you consider this post)

To save you the ease of going back to sunir's post, here it is...
Originally Posted by sunir
with the drinking and BAC .196 ...the 130 mph speed and feeling like you're superman from the booze is a recipe for disaster.... he knew this road well I'm sure he'd been down it many times and got caught up in the joyride and the thrill and false sense of security...was probably showing off or trying to get attention (that's the premise for his Jackass character after all remember) now add onto that the GT3 egging him on with such a performance chassis and engine, the sound of the exhaust at WOT bellowing in his ear, making him feel like a super-race car driver or a superhero... last words perhaps may have been something like "hey man, watch this!!!" ...

... last stunt over...
It's funny that the moderators target us for incivility, yet you guys are the ones blurring the bars.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
Originally Posted by jhuang25
Well since you quoted an article and I quoted you...objectively, I must admit this. I would be a total moron (i'm allowed to insult myself) to believe that a person who doesn't look drunk must not be drunk. A person who chooses to drink shots that random strangers buy for him would not be at fault for his actions because he didn't buy them. I would be a total idiot to think that just because video surveillance shows me "walking around" normally, that I must be fine to drive.
Have you ever had a few drinks (and then more) and then felt drunk thirty plus minutes later? The law is not zero tolerance. You are allowed to have some discretion, unfortunately, that line is quickly blurred.

It's sad that I need to point A to B here...

So many supposed straight shooters here, who would have thought.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:41 PM
I am going to add my local perspective to you NY and CA (predominantly) individuals who cannot ascertain the impact that this accident has....

Locally, the accident site has become a focal point. Parents are willingly bringing their children there to show them the effects of drinking driving.

Last edited by Ducky993; 06-23-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:07 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
Does it occur to anyone at all that the tavern/bar/restaurant has a HUGE vested interest in saying that he was fine? Many places in this country hold the proprietor responsible for not cutting people off.

Whatever they might say, .193 is .193. Unless they went outside and chugged a pint in the parking lot, which they might of, I would not take anything the establishment says at face value. They will in all likelihood be names in the lawsuits that will probably come and they are trying to set the table for their own benefit.

And Ducky, being involved in a alcohol related accident includes being on the receiving end of one. And often its more than one that gets hit, running the numbers up.

Again, people seem to want to resort to the foolish arguments that since some do it, its excusable for Dunn to do it. Mr. Dunn lost that argument with the guard rail.

Frankly, I think that it should have been impossible for him to have bought that car or any other if half of what his reputation says is true. As for Bam saying he was the smartest person he knew, well that says a lot Bam. Maybe you should get out a LOT more.

Jim

Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to ask everyone that is so mad at me and others for condemning this man and having no sorrow for him, why?

Why are you mad at us to the point you can speak out repeatedly?

What have we done? We don't feel bad a jackass died a jackass' death?

Did we drive drunk repeatedly endangering many people and finally KILLING SOMEONE?

No, we condemn his actions.

What is it in YOU that makes you defend the indefensible and strike out against those that call a spade a spade? The man was a drunkard. The man killed another person and himself.

I find the pathology of your thinking intriguing. Please explain.

Jim

Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by jspporsche
Does it occur to anyone at all that the tavern/bar/restaurant has a HUGE vested interest in saying that he was fine? Many places in this country hold the proprietor responsible for not cutting people off.
jspporsche, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you read that the POLICE (read: officials) determined that he was not visibly intoxicated based on the video evidence that they saw.

Whatever they might say, .193 is .193. Unless they went outside and chugged a pint in the parking lot, which they might of, I would not take anything the establishment says at face value. They will in all likelihood be names in the lawsuits that will probably come and they are trying to set the table for their own benefit.
Please stop trolling and move along.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Why don't you stop? When a person loses an argument the name calling starts.

I was in the Marines. I was able to drink prodigious amounts and stand and march in formation. So what, I was drunk! Watching someone on a video means what compared to the blood alcohol level? Many people are functioning drunks. Sitting and walking are entirely two different things compared to driving and the blood alcohol level doesn't lie and nobody has ever shown that you can maintain judgement, vision and reflexes when anywhere near that level. And Dunn proved it too.

Sorry you can't defend this.

Jim

Old 06-23-2011, 11:34 PM
I was in the Marines.
Thank you for your service.

At your request. I will stop.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:36 PM
I just wish this guy had gone straight and turned around and come back to the turn. Senseless and a waste of two young people. Sigh...

Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I don't think any reasonable amount of moderation is going to make this thread constructive at this point.

Don't drink and drive like a maniac..It's selfish, irresponsible and flat out wrong. And the fact that some members have done so or continue to do so is not germaine to the issue. Neither is whether we personally knew Dunn either.

Thread closed.