GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

R.I.P. Ryan Dunn from Jackass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:32 PM
dblcrwn will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by robsled
RIP? Really?
He didn't live in peace. He lived full tilt on the edge of the edge. All the "Jackasses" lived like they had a death wish. Why else would someone do what they did to themselves. Think what you want, I'll think he was shYte faced like he was most of the time. I feel sorry for the passenger that was KILLED by the stupid driver.
The Jackass movie made over 50 Million the first week it was out.
That why they do what they do!

I'm not a Jackass Fan, But I am a Porsche Fan...

unless they were in a Hummer H1, nothing could have saved them in this crash, drinking or not.

RIP: Porsche Lover

Old 06-21-2011, 11:36 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
Biased? One person has experience with a tragedy and see's this as just another senseless tragedy. Others see just the loss of their weekly giggles and how that's just going to bum them out. Seems like one bias against another bias.

I'll wait for the passenger's family to express joy that if he had to go, its best he went like this, way before his time. After all, Mr. Jackass and him must have been having a great time before the final second or two.

Smokers don't quit while they have society helping them excuse it.
Drunk drivers don't stop for the same reasons.

They'd both be alive if people stopped thinking they were cool and told them they were asshats and wrestled the keys away from them and called them a cab.

Jim

Old 06-22-2011, 02:24 AM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
I don't think anyone is "bummed out at the loss of weekly giggles", moreover paying respect to the dead. Your lack of tact isn't saving anyone, but moreover causing pain to the freinds and family that suffered a great loss. Your lack of compassion isn't teaching any sort of positive behavior. Ryan didn't jump in the car intending to kill himself and his passenger and we've all made mistakes. I'm sure you've exceeded the speed limit on more than one occasion and if the circumstances had been right maybe a tire would have blown out and you'd have careened off a cliff.

It's a tragedy, have some respect for familes at the very least you *******.

Last edited by Nthusiastt; 06-22-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:10 AM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Nthusiastt
I don't think anyone is "bummed out at the loss of weekly giggles", moreover paying respect to the dead. Your lack of tact isn't saving anyone, but moreover causing pain to the freinds and family that suffered a great loss. Your lack of compassion isn't teaching any sort of positive behavior. Ryan didn't jump in the car intending to kill himself and his passenger and we've all made mistakes. I'm sure you've exceeded the speed limit on more than one occasion and if the circumstances had been right maybe a tire would have blown out and you'd have careened off a cliff.

It's a tragedy, have some respect for familes at the very least you *******.
What is a *******? Whatever it may be, I'm sure its not as bad as MURDERER.

There's a few places I drive 130mph. Streets of Willow, Buttonwillow, Laguna, etc. I can't really remember any of these having a bar on pit road. And I don't think any of these places would like for me to spend 3 hours of the morning lap sessions downing 6 beers and ****tails before hitting the hot track. And if I did that and went out on the track with one of my buddies and we stuffed ourselves into a wall I doubt anyone would be lamenting my departure from the land of the living.

Its a tragedy these people are dead. And if they'd killed themselves by misjudging the road while entering a hairpin at 40-50, I'd see things differently.

Doing 130 on a public road, in curves, at night, half drunk or worse is inexcusable. And people need to condemn that strongly and right when it happens. He drive to the bar in that car. He knew he was going to drive away too. Yet he started drinking. At what point while he was drinking those 6 drinks did he lose any ability to think that through?

So I may be a *******. But I'm not a MURDERER. And I'm more than ok with that.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
^again, you should wait till the toxoligy reports before saying he was sloshed, you assume he was, until the reports are out you are talking out your ***.

he is guilty of one thing, speeding. you might as well leave this forum now because 99% of the people on this forum speeds every day.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:18 AM
I don't need to wait for toxicology. He was drinking before he was driving. I don't think there's a minimum level for that being a bad idea. Your reflexes and judgement go downhill on the first ounce and every one after that. There's no level of drinking that has no effect on you. There's just a point where you become incapacitated at any speed.

If he wasn't drinking or drunk I'd think even LESS of him because then he is a dumbass instead of a jackass.

At least alcohol gives some slight excuse of losing judgement.

Jim

Old 06-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
^you should go talk to a shrink

Old 06-22-2011, 05:33 AM
Will you go with me? I'll drive. We can stop for drinks on the way.

Jim

Old 06-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jspporsche
Will you go with me? I'll drive. We can stop for drinks on the way.

Jim
Someones didn't get enough hugs from daddy

Old 06-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Someone else doesn't understand irony.

Jim

Old 06-22-2011, 06:20 AM
Anyway guys, this has been fun but I have to get to the office by 9. I'm not as young as I used to be. Its going to take me some time to pound down a six pack before I have to hit the road. Wish me luck!

Jim

Old 06-22-2011, 06:47 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Yes...I am biased...am I not entitled to an opinion? I retracted my statement because it was somewhat inflammatory, and knew that it would draw such a response.

I edited my post because I thought it was inappropriate in this setting. So you are criticizing me about something that I retracted. While I was momentarily on a soap box, I stepped down and edited my post so not to offend others. Rather than leaving inflammatory comments, I decided to exercise restraint, initially by editing my post 4 times, then finally completely changing it.

It is difficult to be a moderator and still participate in a forum. When I first posted, I realized that this thread was slowly going off topic, and elected to retract my statement because it was inflammatory. It appears that others still feel that insulting other members here is the best approach.

But if it is seen that a moderator participating in a discussion such as this is inappropriate, I will refrain from posting.

class....nothin but class bob........

Old 06-22-2011, 07:17 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Christian
he is guilty of one thing, speeding. you might as well leave this forum now because 99% of the people on this forum speeds every day.
I'm not sure that the "everybody's doing it" argument is accurate here. There's a difference between doing 80, or even 90, on a freeway and doing 130 on a twisty back road with poor lighting and a passenger. (Even if they were completely sober, which we know is not the case. Legally drunk or not.) I've been deep into the triple digits, alone, on a straight-shot on the highway when there was no traffic very late at night, and looking back on it I know that it was stupid. I would never have done that with a passenger in the car, though. (Again, even if completely sober.) I agree that 99% of this forum speeds every day, but I'd argue that the location, extent, and the number of innocent parties along for the ride in the scenarios are far from identical. May these guys truly RIP, and I do feel badly for the families as they are the ones that truly suffer. It was all over for the guys in the car within seconds, but the families will be dealing with this for years.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:02 AM
cjaz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jspporsche
Anyway guys, this has been fun but I have to get to the office by 9. I'm not as young as I used to be. Its going to take me some time to pound down a six pack before I have to hit the road. Wish me luck!

Jim

you really sound like you could use a drinking habit, probably be a heck of a lot nicer person

Old 06-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
Originally Posted by seth_horwitz
There's a difference between doing 80, or even 90, on a freeway and doing 130 on a twisty back road with poor lighting and a passenger.
I am not sure the last time you were on 322, but it is not exactly a twisty back road. In fact, right at the point of the accident, it opens to a four lane highway. Carrying too much speed, he likely intended to catch the off ramp, but upon tapping the brakes the car began to spin. Fueled by liquid courage (allegedly) and given the speed, there is no chance of correction. Had he continued onto the four lane highway, this might not have happened. Also, getting onto 322 was not exactly on the way home, so they most likely took a joy ride to a known desolate area. For those here that are not familiar with 322, here is video showing the route. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOkN4yp3x-I

Last edited by Ducky993; 06-22-2011 at 09:41 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R.I.P. Ryan Dunn from Jackass