GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3 (2007) wing conversion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:00 AM
RGC
RGC will become famous soon enoughRGC will become famous soon enough
997 GT3 (2007) wing conversion?

I apologize if this has been answered before.

Have a situation (a good one mind you).

My wife has never been a P-car fan......but I may have finally convinced her.

I am looking at a 2007 GT3. The car is growing on her, but she absolutely HATES the rear spoiler (too big and garish). I want to stay with the GT3, so we are discussing some options.

Here is where we are at. I know the intakes are not through the spoiler lid on the GT3, so it is possible to have a Turbo rear spoiler bolted directly on in place of the GT3 rear wing spoiler? I would like to have them interchangable for a variety of reasons (when I go tracking, showing, etc.)? Any othe subtle rear wing suggestions (maybe even a Carrera lid for everyday use and swap out for weekend fun)?

Much appreciate any comments.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Yikes! I don't think this is a common problem/gripe. I think your best bet is to convince your wife that the spoiler that comes with the GT3 is part of the car and was engineered to be there as part of the handling package. I don't recall seeing any GT3s that ever went to a smaller wing.

If you could buy a newer 997.2 GT3 RS (ie: 2010+) I believe you can un-bolt the rear wing fairly easily for around town driving. Best wishes to you!

Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Yikes! I don't think this is a common problem/gripe. I think your best bet is to convince your wife that the spoiler that comes with the GT3 is part of the car and was engineered to be there as part of the handling package. I don't recall seeing any GT3s that ever went to a smaller wing.

If you could buy a newer 997.2 GT3 RS (ie: 2010+) I believe you can un-bolt the rear wing fairly easily for around town driving. Best wishes to you!

+1
Mr. B

Old 07-14-2011, 09:14 AM
chi4s is on a distinguished road
problem solved! I have a 2007 c4s with a front aero bumper but no rear spoiler. I'm looking to add the gt3 rear wing. I would be interested in a swap details of which could be negotiable.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:54 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
just tell her that you have a solution and will put it into action after you buy the car...

then what do you know... the solution you had in mind does not work/too expensive/not safe/etc

she will get over it

Old 07-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Swiss made is on a distinguished road
GT3 that is for sale at a local dealer.

Another one at the same dealer.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:11 AM
RGC
Omg

Originally Posted by PJS
just tell her that you have a solution and will put it into action after you buy the car...

then what do you know... the solution you had in mind does not work/too expensive/not safe/etc

she will get over it

LOL,.......that is SERIOUSLY what I have been considering......have to sell her on the prospect firstly though.........lol......right on the nose....

Old 07-14-2011, 10:34 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
^ it is the classic "let them feel they are part of the decision making process and then do exactly what you want" with a dash of political correctness thrown in for marital harmony...

Old 07-14-2011, 02:00 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ not married yet but def good tips to know ...

hrmmm now wondering exactly how I lost the last 3 girfriends hahaha

Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 PM
SoCal911 is on a distinguished road
... easy solution.

Rid of the wife ; )

Old 07-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by chi4s
problem solved! I have a 2007 c4s with a front aero bumper but no rear spoiler. I'm looking to add the gt3 rear wing. I would be interested in a swap details of which could be negotiable.
i believe the gt3 has the fan and intake openings in different locations then the C4S. i ran into this issue before when i was trying to sell my GT3 decklid and installed the RS decklid.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:11 PM
RGC
Just put a deposit on an '07..white with all factory blackened out wheels, mirror covers, and full carbon fibre interior......didnt think I'd like the colour combo, but in person was floored......mint condition w 20k kms.....one owner from a Porsche dealer..........and guess what, the wife said she didnt mind the rear wing!! cost me a dear dinner though but hey, great trade.....

Old 07-15-2011, 05:31 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Good to hear...IMHO it doesn't look quite right without the OEM style wing. These vehicles always look better in person too...in the pics they can give off that fast/furious look but it just looks perfect up close.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:50 PM
RGC
Originally Posted by PSTT07
Good to hear...IMHO it doesn't look quite right without the OEM style wing. These vehicles always look better in person too...in the pics they can give off that fast/furious look but it just looks perfect up close.

Agree 180%......and thats what she said......just to quote the immature cliche........but she did actually say it.

Her only requirement was that I look to find if the GT3's driving/fog lights are interchangable with the Turbos as she likes the LED look (sold her Audi S4 and she loved that feature)........

Old 07-16-2011, 10:17 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Same thing, not a GT3 but I have an 08 C2S with full aero package..... Wifey hated the wing when I sent her pix, but now she is over it after two months bc I took her to Torey Birch to buy two pairs of shoes for $530.... Hahaha....

EDIT: oh and the black rims she got over too.....that just cost me a dinner for my friends' wives to convince her to love it.... Hahahahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 (2007) wing conversion?