GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Cup at Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 01:27 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Cup at Laguna Seca

Spend last weekend at Laguna Seca with my GT3 Cup worked on all kinds of fundamentals and finally learn how to properly down shift the sequential ... not an easy task for me. I brought three sets of wheels (Yoko and Michelin slicks) and tried all kids of tire pressure just to find out my stock SACHS shocks are dead which makes handling and braking a real challenge. Used two way radio for the first time and it was hard to concentrate and talk in the same time.

Despite of all the challenges I had a great time at the track and it was nice for Joe, Lar and Armando to stop by the track and visit. Great group of track junkies and hope to burn more rubber soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpunY7vGlo8

Old 09-17-2011, 09:07 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
fantastic! great times.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:10 PM
medpilot105 will become famous soon enough
Looking good, mikymu!

That "which way do I go?" moment into T7 was exciting. They couldn't get out of your way fast enough. I guess that's what you get when you bring a Cup car... no one wants you behind them!

I still need to come by your place someday and see that beast up close.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:09 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
looking good mike. give more gas on the turns. let those tires go to work.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:02 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djantlive
fantastic! great times.
Agree!

Originally Posted by medpilot105
Looking good, mikymu!

That "which way do I go?" moment into T7 was exciting. They couldn't get out of your way fast enough. I guess that's what you get when you bring a Cup car... no one wants you behind them!

I still need to come by your place someday and see that beast up close.
Everyone was great at the track and like you said people can't get thier hands out fast enough to poin tme by ... some times make them go off track into dirt which I feel bad about. I wish PCA has race prepped car run group which will avoid this type of "oops" monent at T7 ... I really feel for the two drivers that can't get out of my way fast enough

Originally Posted by speedoflight
looking good mike. give more gas on the turns. let those tires go to work.
Yes, gas, gas, gas ... need to fix my shocks first or I will be playing alot of sand in the cat litter box

Old 09-18-2011, 09:23 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Hahaha, I love the candidness of your videos. Those GT3's playing games with you was .

Looked like musical positions.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Wow...I'm loving how much better you're getting behind the wheel of that Cup car!

Any laptimes to speak of? I know that you probably didn't get any clear laps, but still curious for a reference point to compare with street cars. Awesome job!

Old 09-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Wow...I'm loving how much better you're getting behind the wheel of that Cup car!

Any laptimes to speak of? I know that you probably didn't get any clear laps, but still curious for a reference point to compare with street cars. Awesome job!
Baby steps ...

Street GT3 can do low 1:40 and pre 2010 Cup can do 1:30 qualify and 1:35 race speed. Will be there soon once I fix suspension and run some new slicks instead of used

Old 09-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Thanks mikymu,

So I guess Johannes Van Overbeek running a 1:35 in a GT2 RS and a 1:37 in a GT3 RS at Laguna Seca is pretty serious business after all?

I'm sure you'll get your lap times down even more soon. Each video I see, it's clear to see your improvements. Well done!

Old 09-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Peter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud of
I love your video's. The commentary is always great, like the one time you couldn't get the car back into gear on one of your previous vid's, man I was dying from laughter.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Thanks mikymu,

So I guess Johannes Van Overbeek running a 1:35 in a GT2 RS and a 1:37 in a GT3 RS at Laguna Seca is pretty serious business after all?

I'm sure you'll get your lap times down even more soon. Each video I see, it's clear to see your improvements. Well done!
Johannes's time in the 2 and 3 RS are fantaastic and hard to duplicate. Thanks for the kind word. I will always be couple seconds off the pro driver's pace since my right foot also have to double as track insurance

Originally Posted by Peter1.8t
I love your video's. The commentary is always great, like the one time you couldn't get the car back into gear on one of your previous vid's, man I was dying from laughter.
Yeah, most people will not show you the "oops" moment but I think they are the best learning tools

Old 09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
What were your lap times?

Old 09-20-2011, 04:52 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Well done man... You are certainly doing it right Seriously I think at the level you and a few guys are at it makes sense to stop turning the road car into a race car and just start with the cup proper (for safety etc..). Keep going!

Old 09-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
What were your lap times?
High 1:30's

Dead shocks and scrub tires prevented any heroic lap times

Originally Posted by sharkster
Well done man... You are certainly doing it right Seriously I think at the level you and a few guys are at it makes sense to stop turning the road car into a race car and just start with the cup proper (for safety etc..). Keep going!
I have on more than one occasion thought of trading in my Cup for a street RS. It is tiring running the Cup without support. Once I drive the beast then I realized street GT3 just can't duplicate the thrill

Old 09-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikymu
High 1:30's

Dead shocks and scrub tires prevented any heroic lap times

I have on more than one occasion thought of trading in my Cup for a street RS. It is tiring running the Cup without support. Once I drive the beast then I realized street GT3 just can't duplicate the thrill

Hope that replacement used shock that came from us works out for you.. If you want to go fast in that car its time invest in some driver coaching and real set up.

We here to help if you need it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cup at Laguna Seca