GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 Sport Button/Sport Chrono Option Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:59 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Chrono is a waste on these cars IMO. I think this is the prevailing view. I did find a use for mine in that I let it time all the way around to 9:11. Makes for a good conversation starter. Other than that, nada.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ScooterP
Chrono is a waste on these cars IMO. I think this is the prevailing view. I did find a use for mine in that I let it time all the way around to 9:11. Makes for a good conversation starter. Other than that, nada.
I can't tell you how much time I've wasted trying to get the timer stopped at 911 or 997 on the Carrera! I'm so glad the GT3 doesn't have the wart!

Since the GT3 has the 'sport' button standard, the sport chrono option is just a stopwatch. An expensive, ugly stopwatch that's cumbersome to use.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:33 PM
YoopsRacing will become famous soon enough
It is pretty useless in a GT3 I admit, it is cumbersome to use and I have never really even used it in my car, but I am one of the guys that does kinda like the way it looks.... but for resell all dealers want it, and most of the buyers seem to want it. However, Track junkies will not have anything to do with it and will chastise it to hell and back...especially RS owners.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:05 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
It is pretty useless in a GT3 I admit, it is cumbersome to use and I have never really even used it in my car, but I am one of the guys that does kinda like the way it looks.... but for resell all dealers want it, and most of the buyers seem to want it. However, Track junkies will not have anything to do with it and will chastise it to hell and back...especially RS owners.
I have yet to find any dealers who cared if the car has the option or not. You must have had some different experiences. As we know the dealers would have the car with every option they could to build up MSRP too include heavy power seats, etc.. That's cool is some one wants these things but to add them to a GT3 floor car is just like a dealer.

There has been some confusion for a long time over SC in a GT3/RS as the Porsche's web site suggests you need it to get the sport button. Once a buyer realizes you do not, the buyer typically opts not to order it.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:40 PM
KYROCKS will become famous soon enough
I like the expensive timer. I also use it. That being said, if I had to order the car again I think I would pass and save the money.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:02 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by KYROCKS
I like the expensive timer. I also use it. That being said, if I had to order the car again I think I would pass and save the money.

ditto

Old 01-09-2012, 11:38 PM
roozbeh007 is on a distinguished road
I've heard the same thing from the guys in sales that SC will add to resell value but I don't even have it on my GT3 and honestly I do not care about it. and when I get my new GT3 , SC and navigation will not be an option I would go for, that being said there are always people who care about the gadget and make their decision based on the options. to me anything that reduces the weight is gooooooooooood.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by roozbeh007
I've heard the same thing from the guys in sales that SC will add to resell value but I don't even have it on my GT3 and honestly I do not care about it. and when I get my new GT3 , SC and navigation will not be an option I would go for, that being said there are always people who care about the gadget and make their decision based on the options. to me anything that reduces the weight is gooooooooooood.
Dealers are so annoying and know nothing about these cars.