GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 Sport Button/Sport Chrono Option Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Car-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond repute
Message Removed

Message Removed

Last edited by Car-Narcissist; 07-02-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
I've seen GT3's with and without the wart on the dashboard. Being new to GT3's (and looking for one), I was wondering if, like all other Porsche cars, the sport button and sport chrono option is a feature that is highly suggestible. In other words, should I care if the car I'm looking at has it or not?
Waste of money, do a search and you'll get allot of info.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:03 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
I've seen GT3's with and without the wart on the dashboard. Being new to GT3's (and looking for one), I was wondering if, like all other Porsche cars, the sport button and sport chrono option is a feature that is highly suggestible. In other words, should I care if the car I'm looking at has it or not?
Not typically desired by gt3 owners. Waste of dough as stated above. Most don't like the ugly wart atop the dash either, me included. It can sometimes hurt the sale more if it has it, especially with Full Leather.

The sport button is there regardless of the SC option.

Last edited by 911dev; 01-02-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:52 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Generally speaking, a car without sport chrono is difficult to sell. I don't care for the wart either, and I don't even know how to use it, but dealers want the wart there.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Generally speaking, a car without sport chrono is difficult to sell. I don't care for the wart either, and I don't even know how to use it, but dealers want the wart there.
I don't think GT3 buyers care about the wart, just my opinion based on what I think GT3 buyers are looking for. Sport Chrono has much more value and function in the other models but in the GT3 it's pretty meaningless.

Last edited by Bruce; 01-02-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:21 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
That's just the case in our market. It's a dealer issue more than a specific GT3 buyer issue.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:50 AM
rosenbergendo is an unknown quantity at this point
People here buying Gt3's could care less about the wart-b/c they know it does absolutely nothing-unless you have slipped a turbo on there with overboost!

Old 01-03-2012, 11:48 AM
jshnyc will become famous soon enoughjshnyc will become famous soon enough
I would only buy one with SC, but that is because I know they are hard to sell without in many cases.I really depends on the buyer. Dealer will want SC and some buyers will for sure.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by jshnyc
I would only buy one with SC, but that is because I know they are hard to sell without in many cases.I really depends on the buyer. Dealer will want SC and some buyers will for sure.
Why would you only buy a GT3 with Sport Chrono, what does it give you that you would have to have.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:25 PM
casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
i went looking for one without sc

Old 01-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Just talked to local dealer in a very large South Florida market and he said most Gt3's here DONT want it.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:34 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
I'll be pretty straight forward on this one. A gt3/RS without Sport Chrono does NOTHING to affect resale, NOTHING, not a single thing nada! Whomever told this is wrong.

In fact having the sport chrono option actually inhibits some sales. It does nothing for the car and is ugly to boot, yet they charge you for this. I will never order my gt3/RS with it, never. I would likely never buy one with it either. Gosh, I hope I was clear.

Last edited by 911dev; 01-03-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:47 AM
jshnyc will become famous soon enoughjshnyc will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 911dev
I'll be pretty straight forward on this one. A gt3/RS without Sport Chrono does NOTHING to affect resale, NOTHING, not a single thing nada! Whomever told this is wrong.

In fact having the sport chrono option actually inhibits some sales. It does nothing for the car and is ugly to boot, yet they charge you for this. I will never order my gt3/RS with it, never. I would likely never buy one with it either. Gosh, I hope I was clear.
You were very clear !! "Gosh", I had no idea people were so involved and passionate about an option on a car. I hope I didn't upset you with my preference. I actually like the look of it and use it when at the track. It is functional you know, not just something perched on top of the dash. At least you and I will never be looking to buy the same car. Peace and love , Peace and love

Last edited by jshnyc; 01-04-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Really, you use it at the track? I mean at my home track, PBIR, to click that annoying stalk is so counterintuitive (had it on my Cayman S). I've probably done hundreds of laps there now in my GT3 and not having sports chrono hasnt cost me any time or functionality. Having a dedicated lap timer would seem to be a slightly better solution. I actually ordered my GT3 without the annoying wart and b/c functionally it did NOTHING.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
You were very clear !! "Gosh", I had no idea people were so involved and passionate about an option on a car. I hope I didn't upset you with my preference. I actually like the look of it and use it when at the track. It is functional you know, not just something perched on top of the dash. At least you and I will never be looking to buy the same car. Peace and love , Peace and love
1) It's a gt3 we're talking about and passion is synonymous with the car.

2) You did not upset me with your preference. You upset me when you falsely stated that SC is needed for any decent residual and further that dealers will want this option.

3) You like it, that's all that matters. Its usefulness, although, minimal at best, is subjective.

4) Right, we likely will never look at the same cars. Peace, love, happiness, good will to all, etc..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Sport Button/Sport Chrono Option Question