GT3 with Fabspeed Muffler Bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Turbo Racer is infamous around these parts
very agressive and mean sounding exhaust

Old 06-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
pipes

thanks Geoff!

Nelson, you have a pm....you also have a beautiful car!

Old 06-10-2005, 01:12 AM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Hey Chuck,
Is there any resonance inside the car at freeway cruising speed?

Old 06-10-2005, 07:17 PM
thor is infamous around these parts
Hey, I just installed the Fabspeed Mufflers and the CAT bypass on a 2004 GT3 and it's rather raspy (similar to the current stock M3)! Much louder than I expected.

Just like the muffler bypass, it seems to be loudest between 3k-5k. If I have the cats put back on the car, will that quiet it down a bit? How much? Anybody have any experience with this?

Stock to too quite, Mufflers w/ test pipes is a bit too loud for my tastes (you can tell I'm getting old). How much quieter will the car be if I put the cats back on?

Does anyone want to buy a set of Fabspeed Cat-bypass pipes (paid $550).

But I must admit, although I have no concrete data to back up my claims, the car definitely feels faster.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
bypass pipes

Bruce, I responded once and it disappeared. Still have some testing to do before I give them the final verdict...at wot they are very loud...quiet at cruise at 3k rpm in 5th or 6th...most cockpit resonance is at 2k to 3k rpm with heavy throttle....not for everyone I'm sure...but I'm beggining to like em...

Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Administrator
Muffler bypass

Thor, did you have any check engine light issues when you bypassed the cats...if you put them back on it will be a little quieter but you will definitely lose some juice...the car is loud without the mufflers...let's face it...I did manage to stealth by a chp the other day (fortunately he had his windows up) and I was very light on the throttle...one benefit...I don't seem to hot rod around the city as much now that it makes so much noise when I stick my foot in it...

Old 06-10-2005, 07:52 PM
thor is infamous around these parts
VSE Chuck, no check engine light issues...yet.

I'm sorry, I think you may have misunderstood, I do have the new Fabspeed mufflers installed without the cats. I do NOT have the straight muffler bypass. I thought it was appropriate to post here, cause I was surprised how loud the car was with mufflers. With straight muffler by-pass I could undestand, but with Mufflers with Cat bypass I thought it would just sound a bit louder...

But its really loud WITH the mufflers! Any ideas if the cats would make a big difference in making it more driveable without the dirty looks

Last edited by thor; 06-10-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Administrator
cat bypass

Thor, well we went about it different ways but we both have loud cars...I think you have more hp benefit by eliminating the cats...surprised that removing the cats make the fabspeed mufflers that loud...did you get the high performance mufflers? Maybe you can exchange them for the performance mufflers if they are more quiet....

Old 06-11-2005, 09:26 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Fabspeed Bypass

Another way you can check is to put the stock cats back on with or without the muffler in the loop. Stock cats without the muffler in the loop will sound just like the muffler bypass-loud but not overly so for me. With the Fabspeed muffler in the loop it should sound quieter but still fairly aggressive. I've run my car with the muffler bypass and noted some resonance on throttle at around 3k(as Chuck mentioned) but it is fine for me while cruising. With the muffler bypass, I like the cup car sound and weight reduction it provides.

Last edited by NelsonF; 06-11-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:14 AM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Nelson,
Do you miss the power of your '01 Turbo while driving the GT3? I'm almost certain I want to give the Fabspeed Muffler Bypass a try.

Old 06-11-2005, 11:25 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
GT3

Bruce,
In a word, yes. My GT700 was especially responsive but I ultimately wanted a more balanced, lighter package and it became a compromise. The GT3 certainly provides the balance and with tweeks can be a really fun ride. The high n/a rpm motor is a proven winner and sounds great with the exhaust tweeks. But, yes I do miss the low rpm urge. That's why I'm always looking for the right GT2, though the 3 is growing on me with it's more usable power.

Last edited by NelsonF; 06-12-2005 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:47 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Oh man that sounds nice!!!!

Old 06-12-2005, 11:11 AM
MKW
MKW is infamous around these parts
I've had LOUD exhausts on several prior cars , but the ironic thing is, I end up driving slower . Most of my spirited road driving is in the " echoing " hills/canyons in the SF Bay Area , where a loud exhaust pricked the ears and gave early warning to too many half asleep sheriffs deputies with nothing better to do than to subsequently tail gate me for the next 10 miles .If I were still in the Central Valley, a loud exhaust at WOT on the gently rolling eastern foothill roads would be bliss. .

Old 06-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Administrator
loud exhaust

funny you should say that...I just got back from my daily spirited run through the eastern rolling foothills. Just had to roll down the windows...

Old 06-12-2005, 02:02 PM
MKW
MKW is infamous around these parts
Re: loud exhaust

Originally posted by VSE Chuck
funny you should say that...I just got back from my daily spirited run through the eastern rolling foothills. Just had to roll down the windows...
Yeah, Fresno's Kings Canyon Road , then turning and heading north up to Huntington Lake or east along the Kings River then parallel to the foothills along the " citrus belt" !
Or snaking along the canyon rapids to the very end of Kings Canyon Road , Fresno's secret " private " Yosemite . .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 with Fabspeed Muffler Bypass