GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 Cup car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 08:52 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Sloth
There is already a deposit on that one and it should be a completed deal by the end of today. I know this b/c the olde man is making a final inspection of it today.
awesome Max. I hope Dad let's you drive his toys ?

Old 06-15-2005, 06:25 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Guys thanks again for a starting point to get myself a Cup car. I plan on taking my time and researching what is out there. The new Panorama came yesterday and had some good information about the cup cars. I'll also be in Germany in a couple of weeks so I will do some reaserch their as well.

If anyone has more information plesae keep it coming!!!

Thanks,
Gunther

Old 06-15-2005, 08:14 AM
TSP-MIAMI is on a distinguished road
Gunther, you have PM.

Theo

Old 06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
The Hot Banana
KO KAINE is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by carrera mike
New ones can be ordered thru Porsche Motorsports in CA. Links available thru http://content3.us.porsche.com/prod/...aenglish/sales

They come ready for the track out of the crate.

oh that is so hot it hurts!

Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Looking for something like this.?

Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Clubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Gunther
Guys thanks again for a starting point to get myself a Cup car. I plan on taking my time and researching what is out there. The new Panorama came yesterday and had some good information about the cup cars. I'll also be in Germany in a couple of weeks so I will do some reaserch their as well.

If anyone has more information plesae keep it coming!!!

Thanks,
Gunther
I was interviewed for the article in Pano. I have had several cup cars over the years. Here is my advice for what it's worth...Find out what you want to do with the car before you decide what car to get, i.e. If you want a competitive car for a certain racing series, that might be different than just buying one for Driver's Events. There are differences between the years 1998- to present cars as well as the selling price. Some of these differences, you might not need to pay for if you are looking at just doing DEs. Also, there is a life to the motor, since a motor needs to be rebuilt after a certain amount of hours, the more hours, the less the car is worth. Structural integrity is another issue. Many of these cars were driven hard and some were crashed hard. To make it worse, some of these cars made it over to the US and the US drivers could have "trashed" the cars. Be careful, do your homework, take your time and feel free to contact me if you need any help.

Last edited by Clubrcr; 06-23-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Cody_1 will become famous soon enough
Here's another for sale from a successful team that I'm starting to follow...

http://www.lizardms.com/forsale/index.html

- Rich

Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2005, 11:51 PM
vtgts300kw will become famous soon enough
how come the us cars use such HUGE rear wings?

ala the GMG racing gt3? dnt look nearly as good as the stock wing, obviously functional however?

Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
How much hp do these cars run in race trim? What
do they weigh?

Old 07-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I just got a BRAND NEW 05 GT3 Cup 0 hours completely new still have shipping tag attached to mirror .... Might be available if anyone is interested......... I will post some pics in the next day or so .

To answer the wing question. We are allowed to run a larger wing in Speed GT for more down force. You will also see a similar
style wing in Grand Am Rolex like the flying lizards car pictured above.The stock wing does not make enough down force , although it is functional just doesnt work for our cars.. We also do alot of work on the front of the car as well as underneath it to compliment and take advantage of the rear wing.

Buddy..
Standard cup cars make about 390 hp ( factory figures ) and weigh in at about 2600lbs if I am not mistaken. Our GT car makes a little more power than that and weighs more also.

If you have any other questions please feel free to email me anytime.........

Old 07-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Former Vendor
Here she is Brand NEW...

Airfrieght tag still on mirror

Attached Images  
Old 07-12-2005, 01:02 PM
turbo_freak is on a distinguished road
Old 07-12-2005, 03:46 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Those last two are kind of pricey for used 2000/2001 cup cars arent they? I may be ignorant but the green one seems like a good deal comparatively

Old 07-12-2005, 04:31 PM
turbo_freak is on a distinguished road
I thought so too

Old 07-12-2005, 07:19 PM
acw
acw is on a distinguished road
Well they are not cup cars. They are GT3 R and GT3 RS. More power, lighter and ... requires more maintenance. This said, these days, the cup car can run in so many series that the GT3 R is going down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Cup car