GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Officially a GT3 Owner!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 09:24 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Officially a GT3 Owner!!!

Finally! I picked up my 08 Arctic Silver GT3 today. It is a beautiful, well kept stock example with PCCBs. Clean PPI and full service history from Porsche in Newport Beach, CA. The only thing it needed was a set of 4 new Michelin PS2 tires to replace the Michelin Cups. Attached are some pics from the original ad. I will post new pics tomorrow.

It looks like the 06 C2 that I just sold (BOB), but is a completely different BEAST! My bucket list is complete......well maybe not until some mods are done:

1) RS 4.0 Clutch
2) RS Carbon Fiber Decklid and Wing
3) Side Muffler Delete
4) New Race Shoes (any suggestions? HRE, Champion, etc)

Also, since BOB is keeping his name with his new owner (911BOB), I need a name for my new GT3.....suggestions?

Attached Images    
Old 10-12-2012, 09:43 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
congrats! very nice ride.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:00 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Don't waste your time with PS2's they suck on the GT3, either replace with MPSC's or go with the Super sport's. trust me on this one!

Old 10-13-2012, 02:02 PM
ChrisEVO has a spectacular aura aboutChrisEVO has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on the car. Very beautiful! +1 on the PS2's. Lots of better options out there. I'd add Super Sports and RS3's to the short list. For track wheels, love the OZ's. Cheap and light. Look nice too. Suggest 18's for more tire options.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Turbo Singh is on a distinguished road
Awsome lookin ride!

Old 10-13-2012, 02:16 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
Congrats

Old 10-13-2012, 03:31 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
All the best with your new toy. Looks great.
I have had great luck with Toyo 888s; love them. Used to think RA1s were the best thing until the 888s came out. Anybody else? Who's out there that has tried the 888s as well as the PS2s, Cups, MPSCs Super Sports? How would you compare them to each other?
I am assuming you are local. I also go to the NB dealership which is like 10miles North from Laguna on PCH. There is a local Tire SHop that has great pricing on them, right here on PCH.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:32 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gtrr
finally! I picked up my 08 arctic silver gt3 today. It is a beautiful, well kept stock example with pccbs. Clean ppi and full service history from porsche in newport beach, ca. The only thing it needed was a set of 4 new michelin ps2 tires to replace the michelin cups. Attached are some pics from the original ad. I will post new pics tomorrow.

It looks like the 06 c2 that i just sold (bob), but is a completely different beast! My bucket list is complete......well maybe not until some mods are done:

1) rs 4.0 clutch
2) rs carbon fiber decklid and wing
3) side muffler delete
4) new race shoes (any suggestions? Hre, champion, etc)

also, since bob is keeping his name with his new owner (911bob), i need a name for my new gt3.....suggestions?
911byob

Old 10-13-2012, 10:10 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

bob2.0
Your car looks great; kinda like mine before my past two months of mods (see sig below)
for 18s and PCCBs there are clearance issues that CCW, Fiske and maybe volk rays TE37 can clear. Not OZ IMO
This winter I am doing the coolant fittings welding and other engine,diff, clutch mods as long as the engine is out.
I had the coolant changed out for water wetter for the 4 track days I had with the GT3 this season. Have added back some coolant for the winter storage. Look seriously at welding the fittings.
The flying lizard silver/red looks cool IMO by the way.

Last edited by seapar; 10-13-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-14-2012, 12:58 AM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Originally Posted by ADAMNSONS
All the best with your new toy. Looks great.
I have had great luck with Toyo 888s; love them. Used to think RA1s were the best thing until the 888s came out. Anybody else? Who's out there that has tried the 888s as well as the PS2s, Cups, MPSCs Super Sports? How would you compare them to each other?
I am assuming you are local. I also go to the NB dealership which is like 10miles North from Laguna on PCH. There is a local Tire SHop that has great pricing on them, right here on PCH.
Go see Chris Sterling if you even need tires. He is Sterling1975 on the forum.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Heard great things about 888 & NT01 especially at the price. Have used Cups, PS2s, an most recently Hankook TDs. TDs are fun at the track!

Old 10-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! She's a beauty!

Check out 6Speed Sponsor Suncoast Parts for tons of GT3 parts and accessories. We can assist in any way

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 10-14-2012, 04:51 PM
aatlas is on a distinguished road
wow, beautiful car. congrats

Old 10-14-2012, 05:05 PM
ChrisEVO has a spectacular aura aboutChrisEVO has a spectacular aura about
The R888 is officially the most hated/polarizing tire amongst the Rennlist GT3 crowd. Complaints range from being noisy, squirmy at full tread depth and falling off the grip cliff when they cycle out or hit the bottom layer of rubber. I only ever used them on my EVO and thought they were crap compared to the old RA1's or the NT01. I think the MPSC is a much better tire. If I had 18" wheels, I would be running NT01's all day long. Fantastic tire at a reasonable price.

The Trofeo R's are getting good notice as being much stickier than the MPSC's with similar life. They're also about $600/set cheaper. Have a set in my garage for when my MPSC's run out. Will report back.

The safe bet is the MPSC for track and Super Sport for street. Lots of great tires out there though. I always like trying different tires myself as feel is a little subjective and I'm not looking for ultimate lap times.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:18 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
How are the 888s not as good or better than the RA1s which I have used on an EVO, and a GC8, when they have the same compound or stickier with bigger chunks of tread which hold their shape better than the smaller tread patch of the RA1s? I loved the RA1s but the 888s are better. They are squirmy at full tread depth…? How long does that take to wear a little to get past that. A few warmup laps or a few miles of driving around... You are supposed to shave them anyways for the track. Oh and so what if they are not as grippy when they are down to the last layer? That is when you are supposed to replace your tires anyway.
With almost 50% more cost of the MPSCs I think the 888s are a better deal too ; )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Officially a GT3 Owner!!!