2014 GT3 Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Chinaski-NY is on a distinguished road
So it looks like PDCC wasn't implemented in the GT3

Old 03-04-2013, 03:21 PM
MrNurse has a spectacular aura aboutMrNurse has a spectacular aura about
Here's an 18min video explaining everything about the car.

Revised PDK, Revised Electronic Steering.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:08 PM
saxonite is on a distinguished road
I don't think PDK will be as big of a deal once people get out and start driving the car. To me its no different than when Porsche changed from air to water cooled motors in the 996. People whined and *****ed about it but after awhile it didn't matter because the new car was better. If this car can really do 0-60 in 3.3, which Porsche usually understates so it could be very close to 3.0, and be several seconds faster around the track then I'm on board with PDK and the other technology.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:15 PM
ebanul is on a distinguished road
Wow!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:36 PM
StPatsDay will become famous soon enoughStPatsDay will become famous soon enough
Looks sweet! Porsche evolves the design of the new 991, while echoing the look of the 997 GT3. I like what they did.

But the real story will be how flat out fast this GT3 will be. Stay tuned, all you "I'm a purist manual-transmission-know-it-all" guys.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
Its a beautiful car. It has amazing technology, lots of power (475!) for a non-RS car, quick shifting, etc etc. But father time will tell a story now.

I wanted a track car. I wanted to go fast, and have fun on the weekends. Being in my late 20's, I wanted a GT-R. But I love cars, I love driving. So I drove, and the GT-R disappointed. It was disconnected, digital. It went fast because a computer allowed me to go fast. Tracking a car is thrilling not because of the lap time on your lap timer, but because you pushed to the limits and came back. The GT-R never showed you the limits. So I bought a GT3. Because it would threaten to rip your face off and go backwards into a wall if you screwed up. A fast lap time showed mastery over a mechanical machine rather than mastery over a line of code. I turn off the nannies and it is me, my hands, and mechanical grip between me and death. That is the thrill.

The 991 GT3 will be faster than the 997. It will be better as a DD. It will be comfortable and civilized. But if I just wanted to go fast, I'd buy the Nissan It's faster, cheaper, a better DD with a real trunk. The new GT3 is the E92 M3. Statistically better in every way than the old model, yet only for posers. Porsche has ended the last driver's car in the name of keeping up with Nissan around a German backroad. I recently sold my .1 GT3 to get a turbo.. hopefully I can get a 997 RS too before their prices climb too high.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:48 PM
tipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud of
am i the only one that feels that this is a car with a wider "audience" than the 997.1/997.2 gt3?

electric steering, pdk only, 4 wheel steer, ptv, etc? seems like this is for a similar market as the gtr?

sort of like a rear wheel drive, german, and na gtr?

or am i crazy?

Old 03-04-2013, 04:49 PM
tipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Chkmgnt59
Its a beautiful car. It has amazing technology, lots of power (475!) for a non-RS car, quick shifting, etc etc. But father time will tell a story now.

I wanted a track car. I wanted to go fast, and have fun on the weekends. Being in my late 20's, I wanted a GT-R. But I love cars, I love driving. So I drove, and the GT-R disappointed. It was disconnected, digital. It went fast because a computer allowed me to go fast. Tracking a car is thrilling not because of the lap time on your lap timer, but because you pushed to the limits and came back. The GT-R never showed you the limits. So I bought a GT3. Because it would threaten to rip your face off and go backwards into a wall if you screwed up. A fast lap time showed mastery over a mechanical machine rather than mastery over a line of code. I turn off the nannies and it is me, my hands, and mechanical grip between me and death. That is the thrill.

The 991 GT3 will be faster than the 997. It will be better as a DD. It will be comfortable and civilized. But if I just wanted to go fast, I'd buy the Nissan It's faster, cheaper, a better DD with a real trunk. The new GT3 is the E92 M3. Statistically better in every way than the old model, yet only for posers. Porsche has ended the last driver's car in the name of keeping up with Nissan around a German backroad. I recently sold my .1 GT3 to get a turbo.. hopefully I can get a 997 RS too before their prices climb too high.
how was the e92 gt3 a car for posers? e46 had the smg, so you cant mean to reference that?

Old 03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tipsyhemi
how was the e92 gt3 a car for posers? e46 had the smg, so you cant mean to reference that?
The e46 M3 is widely viewed as the last true M3 before M stopped being about making a drivers car and more about a marketing ploy + tons of electronic aids. My comparison was that Porsche is trying to sell a bunch of expensive GT3s, and in doing so, have betrayed what the GT3 was meant to be.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:42 PM
AP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to behold
It is great to see the video and read the comprehensive explanation on the car and thank you to those that have supplied them. I realize that there will always be arguments for and against manual transmissions and pdk and ultimately it does come down to a personal preference.

I am sure the new car will be fantastic. I have driven double clutch transmission cars in the past and I just don't feel as involved as when I row the gears myself (at least on the road). I am disappointed that there will not be a choice of transmissions and it makes me appreciate the opportunity to row gears in a 996 or 997 GT3 all the more.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:44 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
The e46 M3 is widely viewed as the last true M3 before M stopped being about making a drivers car and more about a marketing ploy + tons of electronic aids. My comparison was that Porsche is trying to sell a bunch of expensive GT3s, and in doing so, have betrayed what the GT3 was meant to be.
Doubtful

Old 03-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Sfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really niceSfarooq is just really nice
Simple economics of supply and demand would dictate Porsche’s decision to move from manual to PDK. If enough cars remain on the lot, it will send the financial number crunchers at Porsche a message to bring back the manual; otherwise, we’re stuck with PDK.

I suppose this evolution was necessary at some point, but as a potential buyer of a 991 GT3, I’m sad that a manual is not offered. I will entertain the idea of the PDK and only if the gains I experience in driver feedback outweigh the lack of joy from the visceral feeling of driving a manual; only then will I buy this car.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:04 PM
ptm, dynamic engine mounts, pasm, etc have long "betrayed what the gt3 was meant to be".

technology enters cars for reasons of safety, performance, and efficiency.

maybe im showing my age, but the complaint of "loss of purity" has been a chant every time a new generation has come out since the 964.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:11 PM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
+1

Agree on your comments, but still want one, will wait for the new RS though. I will keep my 997 RS and hope your right on prices going up i think the Gen 1 cars livery and rawness make them historic and hopefully collectible. Not as much as the 4.0 RS but It is the passing of an era IMO.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 PM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Get it but....

Originally Posted by Sfarooq
Simple economics of supply and demand would dictate Porsche’s decision to move from manual to PDK. If enough cars remain on the lot, it will send the financial number crunchers at Porsche a message to bring back the manual; otherwise, we’re stuck with PDK.

I suppose this evolution was necessary at some point, but as a potential buyer of a 991 GT3, I’m sad that a manual is not offered. I will entertain the idea of the PDK and only if the gains I experience in driver feedback outweigh the lack of joy from the visceral feeling of driving a manual; only then will I buy this car.
I too wish it was adoption, but having a PDk car, I love them both for diff reasons, more time to focus ion braking, lines, cornering, passing set up etc. my bet is if any of us drive it, excluding 3.9 cars from Alex or a 4.0 car, we will want one and love the car. Better is sometimes subjective but we can all agree it's still a tremendous car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 GT3 Pics