GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

durametric fault - battery drain, bcm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Autoblipper is on a distinguished road
durametric fault - battery drain, bcm

Hey guys,

I have a situation where my 997.1 GT3 is draining the battery ~3-4 days. From an electrical point of view the car is stock and has no auxiliary devices (like a radar detector) plugged in. The battery (which was initially presumed to be bad) was just replaced.

If the car is driven, the battery will last longer therefore I don't believe there is an alternator or alternator-cable issue as other similar threads mention. The durametric shows a strong voltage coming from the alternator as well when the car is running.

Initially the durametric told me very little as it would only connect to the main engine module. I presumed this was due to a lower than ideal voltage and after recharging the battery was eventually able to poll all modules. Under several of the modules the common fault was 'front control module'.

After resetting with the durametric there is only one fault reported (see attached). Oddly I didn't have this fault prior to the reset - and the control module identified in the fault is not longer the 'front', but the 'body'. Is the 'body control module' different from the 'front control module'?

I'm inclined to just order a new front control module and hope for the best, but was hoping for a similar report (i.e. electrical short causing battery drain == front control module) before I pull the trigger. Some of the other front control module threads mention issues of tail lights getting stuck on, etc. however in my case, other than this battery draining issue I have no other symptoms.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Autoblipper is on a distinguished road
In the end the front control module was the source of the battery drain and once replaced, all other seemingly unrelated faults went away.