GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New Porsche 991 GT3. First Drive. - CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boostfiend
They are not the same bilsteins as stock gtr and the spring rates are different as little as 100lb of spring rate can change quite a bit in a car characteristics and handling . I didn't make up the specs it is 49kg lighter than a stock gtr. I said nothing about base gtr not coming with brembos I was just saying if this track pack would come with CC brakes (Carbon Ceramic Brakes) it wouldn't make it any more of a GT3 competitor it is perfectly capable as is. Let's not get ahead of what I said I never said this is not a full blown track package or a GT-RS type of a car. All I'm saying is better brake cooling, 100lbs less especially less weight in the right places, different spring rates and shocks does transform a car quite a bit too say it's just a stock GTR it really isn't. Yes It's no stroked out GTR motor/more power/more hardcore upgrade but it is quite different than a stock GTR that's all if you don't agree so be it no worries but I find it's worthy of it's Track Pack badge.

The Track Pack GT-R is essentially the same as a standard GT-R and no faster. If it were an actual improvement, I'd consider buying one. Jasper already corrected you on everything else, so I don't think there's anything left to discuss.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Roger_01 is on a distinguished road
Like it a lot, the predecessor did 7:42 s on the ring, cant wait to se this one.