GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

"RMS" Blessing !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 04:22 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Talking "RMS" Blessing !!!

Just got my car back. Apparently the RMS has been redesigned and uses a different flange to secure it according to my mechanic. Should not leak anymore.

The RMS warranty repair was the perfect time to replace the stock clutch/flywheel with the RS version. Thank you Gert !!! Your kit was complete as expected.

Observations:

You can hear a little mechanical noise in neutral. Not really that noticeable, imo. Depress the clutch and it goes away. Overall it's an awesome upgrade. The car accelerates much faster and smoother in gears 1-3. Haven't made it into 4th yet...
When the clutch is released, it seems to engage quicker than stock. Less travel before engagement. Has anybody noticed this ?
Rev matching when downshifting is easier than before. I thought it would be harder since the revs drop quicker but with the quicker clutch engagment, it seems more intuive and natural. Love this car !!! This mod comes highly recommended, especially if you can get it done for part costs only when doing an RMS warranty repair. Can't wait to get it on the track !!!!

Old 08-12-2005, 07:12 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
" Apparently the RMS has been redesigned and uses a different flange to secure it according to my mechanic. Should not leak anymore."

Famous last words we've heard before!

Old 08-12-2005, 07:30 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by djantlive
" Apparently the RMS has been redesigned and uses a different flange to secure it according to my mechanic. Should not leak anymore."

Famous last words we've heard before!
ahh, but this is a 964 block car, not the oil pan 996 version that had repetitive leak issues. It is rare for the 964 to have this problem. I am sleeping well now in regard to this issue....

Old 08-12-2005, 11:05 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I think the rms leak rate is the same or similar 996 vs GT3, just a lot more m96 motors out there.
When are you going to the track, I'll look you up as I go to most of the metropca events around here. LRP on the 19th.