GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

OE muffler delete VS. Sharkwerks muffler delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 12:24 PM
NickS is an unknown quantity at this point
OE muffler delete VS. Sharkwerks muffler delete

Both are made of T-304 but the OE doesn't state the pipe thickness. Sharkwerks states it's 18-gauge. Is the OE 18-gauge? Are both the same pipe diameter?

Basically I am trying to see why there is a need to spend and extra $350 for the Sharkwerks. For the $350 I would save by going with the OE, I could buy the 88mm black tips from Sharkwerks for basically free.

And the exhaust is under the car.... I don't care that it's shiny. It's not going to stay that way.

OE:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...gen2gt3exhaust

Sharkwerks:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=153

Old 10-10-2013, 01:52 PM
MrChan is on a distinguished road
It is not OE, it is AP version and sold by suncoastparts. Do some search about AP brand and their parts and u make ur own judgment. I had very bad experience with their control arms, do not trust any of thier product anymore.

Got Sharkwerks and tracked for yrs, no issue : )

Old 10-10-2013, 02:41 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hey nick sorry to chime in here but since you're in houston there's a few cars (one nice orange RS that I know of with our pipes)... Since June of 07 when we released our particular set I can honestly say there have been several others with small differences here and there (diameters, X's etc...) but when on a car you can certainly hear and tell differences. Some are deeper, resonate more/less... We just happened to settle on the design that James/I liked best- we tried all sorts of things too before releasing. The ones you are referring to actually came out as a result of said company purchasing a couple of ours to then ship overseas to Asia to get copied, mass-produced etc... They'll probably work ok on the street but the materials and labor probably isn't the same as when done more expensively here in California so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't last long on the track. I know because the same factories email me from China/Taiwan in broken English on a weekly basis asking if I want to buy quantities of my counterfeit exhaust (not quiet as well I have to say- missing a few small things!) "branded" for me lol!

You can see the dirty laundry and popcorn here (it's at least a PG-13 non NC-17 thread):
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...elete-gt3.html

We also always tell people if for some reason they don't like the sound we'll gladly take it back etc...

Let me know if you have any questions....

Last edited by sharkster; 10-10-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks Alex. This is kind of what I was looking for. I don't want to buy "crap" for my car by any means but there was a big enough price difference that it made me think about the differences and if they were the same or not.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:23 PM
For those that might be curious about this subject.... Here's a link to Rennlist on the same subject.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...er-delete.html

I ordered from Sharkwerks just now.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:13 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
I have sharkwerks,it's made well fits great ,sounds insane.