GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Intro and returning to the GT3 fold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Intro and returning to the GT3 fold

Just a quick intro and head peek into the GT3 section of this site. I'm usually active on the 991 forum but as I'm headed back into the GT3 fold I thought it best to wave a virtual hello to all here.

My '15 991 GT3 order is confirmed and goes into production in September for Oct/Nov delivery. I just sold my '13 991S and am therefore currently in Porsche limbo land! A strange feeling indeed!

The GT3 will not be my DD and will be used primarily on the windy, hilly, country roads where I live. There will be the occasional autocross and track event as well. The spec is as follows:

Jul25 - Updated/Latest Configuration
After much thought I realised that I will not be happy with Rhodium as It's just too "silver" and cold (no disrespect to those that like it, it's just me). I have gone for the tried and tested GT Silver which has a darker hue and is IMO a stunning colour. I'm still on the fence about the Front Axle Lift. I don't need it, but....I just don't know.

911 GT3
GT Silver Metallic
Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara® with Stitching in Platinum Grey
Extended Range Fuel Tank
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color
Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Front Axle Lift System
GT3 Wheels Platinum
Seat Heating (Front)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Smoking Package
Floor Mats
Sport Seats Plus (4-way)
Sound Package Plus
SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, NavTraffic, NavWeather and HD Radio Receiver
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Module
Online Services

http://www.porsche-code.com/PFN2YZI2 updated

Pics of what the car should look like: http://www.autogespot.com/porsche-99...014/01/12#img1

All comments appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	porsche-991-gt3-c828412012014193352_5.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	397282  

Last edited by Haku; 07-25-2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Spec Updated
Old 07-15-2014, 08:15 PM
trek737 has a spectacular aura abouttrek737 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Haku
Just a quick intro and head peek into the GT3 section of this site. I'm usually active on the 991 forum but as I'm headed back into the GT3 fold I thought it best to wave a virtual hello to all here.

My '15 991 GT3 order is confirmed and goes into production in September for Oct/Nov delivery. I just sold my '13 991S and am therefore currently in Porsche limbo land! A strange feeling indeed!

The GT3 will not be my DD and will be used primarily on the windy, hilly, country roads where I live. There will be the occasional autocross and track event as well. The spec is as follows:

Rhodium Silver Metallic - S2
Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara® with Stitching in Platinum Grey - 78
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor - P13
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) - 603
Extended Range Fuel Tank - 082
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) - 250
20" GT3 Wheels - 431
Wheels Painted in Black - XDG
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell - 581
Floor Mats - 810
Smoking Package - 583
Seat Heating (Front) - 342
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) - P07
HD Radio Receiver - 688
Sound Package Plus - 490
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Module - P23
Online Services - UN1
Telephone Module

I have left out the Front Axle Lift due to the fact that my 997.2 GT3 didn't have it and the worst damage I did was a gentle scrape on the front plastic spoiler which was unnoticeable. In fact I had an unused spare left when I sold that car.

Also left out the Sirius XM option as their customer service is a text book "how not to do it!" and are a pain to deal with. I also don't like the look of the blob on the GT3

http://www.porsche-code.com/PF12VBT4

All comments appreciated.
Haku,

Very nice... I am always interested to see what others are adding to their GT3's. Looking forward to seeing photos when it arrives!

Congrats!

Old 07-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
A very nice way to return to the group.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:33 PM
TC M3 has a spectacular aura aboutTC M3 has a spectacular aura about
Awesome nice build !!

I just placed the order for the wheels black but still having some second thoughts about the gunmetal hehe

Old 07-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Thanks for the comments.

Originally Posted by TC M3
Awesome nice build !!

I just placed the order for the wheels black but still having some second thoughts about the gunmetal hehe
Yup, the wheels were/are a tough decision. They're either going to work on rhodium, or

Old 07-15-2014, 09:58 PM
I was thinking about the painted sideskirt painted (exclusive) but have not seeing yet. Have you ? Thx

Old 07-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by TC M3
I was thinking about the painted sideskirt painted (exclusive) but have not seeing yet. Have you ? Thx
I did consider them and looked at it on the Configurator. Due to the fact that I'm going with the black theme for all lower parts of the car, the silver painted skirt just seems to break the flow of the black front lip and rear diffuser. So the standard black was the choice.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:14 PM
I did consider them and looked at it on the Configurator. Due to the fact that I'm going with the black theme for all lower parts of the car, the silver painted skirt just seems to break the flow of the black front lip and rear diffuser. So the standard black was the choice.
Yes that makes sense !

Old 07-16-2014, 12:20 AM
creaminz will become famous soon enoughcreaminz will become famous soon enough
congrats!

Old 07-16-2014, 09:32 AM
MileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the rough

HAKU,
Completely agree with your assessment on the side skirts. I left mine black as well. Great build. This car comes with most everything you need. Keep it simple.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Thank you all for your comments.

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
HAKU,
Completely agree with your assessment on the side skirts. I left mine black as well. Great build. This car comes with most everything you need. Keep it simple.
Thanks MH. It's strange but the black accents on this car look great. In the case of the GT3, less really is more! Having stated that, I do like some creature comforts.