Considering a Return to Excellence!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Considering a Return to Excellence!!!

Long story but after having a 996 TT, 997.1 TT, 997.2 TT, and 2014 Launch Edition 991 Turbo S- I am seriously thinking of coming back..... again

I really wasn't looking to get rid of the 2014 but I found a 2014 458 and having not owned a Ferrari before I sold the Turbo S and acquired the 458. The 458 is now gone and I'm looking to get back into, arguably, the best and fastest daily driver out there.

I don't think I really need convincing but need to know if anything has changed from the 14 to the 16 that I should know about? Also I will be modding this thing like my 14 (it had GIAC and Cargraphic Exhaust). But now I'm seeing Cobb out and about and its piqued my interest as I ran Cobb on my 2009 GTR. I might go back to Cargraphic exhaust wise but will add 100/200 cell cats or maybe go cat free. Oh Ill lower this one too.

Its a great time when I can type that I am almost certain to return to the Turbo(S) realm. Any input or thoughts on mods or wheels are welcome.

The old Turbo Rides:

Old 09-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Great progression you have on your past cars there! If it is a big deal. As far as tunes, the Cobb has only been out for a little over a month but is arguably the best tuning option out there right now.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:47 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Welcome back Vic. It looks like you right in time for the release of new intercoolers by Champion and also Sambo, who have a pair they is working on to bring power to the next level. There is Cobb AP as you know and way more exhaust and header options now. As for the 14 vs 16 there are not any real notable changes, specifically to performance stock.

Have you thought about waiting until the end of the year for 991.2 Turbo announcement(if it comes)?

It looks like SDG, Karl, CPI and Patrick have been active in upgrades lately. Hopefully they chime in.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Wow Vic It's been forever! I couldn't miss that 996TT bro! One of the cleanest set-ups we ever did in the SG days.

Drop a line and say hi! I will hook you up, we have to get you back to Stuttgart!

Old 09-04-2015, 12:28 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Welcome back! Every iteration of 991 turbo you've owned look fantastic. You getting another red one?

Can't go wrong with 100-cell exhaust, IPD and tune. Even though I am a COBB dealer both GIAC and COBB are stellar products.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
We can speak from the tuning perspective that we tune 2016s just like 2014s, software is the same so in that respect you'd be well sorted if you end up going with a Cobb AP. Let me know if any questions at all.

Dzenno@PTF

Old 09-04-2015, 11:13 PM
wch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the rough
Welcome back Vic. Since you are one of the lucky ones to have had a TTS and a GT3, what motivated you to decide to come back to a TTS?

Old 09-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wch bos
Welcome back Vic. Since you are one of the lucky ones to have had a TTS and a GT3, what motivated you to decide to come back to a TTS?
I haven't come back.... yet

The GT3 is/was an amazing car but I wasn't tracking the car and right now my wants are a more usable daily driver with strong sound, power, and a tremendous chassis. The GT3 is a 8/10ths driver or more and I always drove it that way but in Cali traffic it was tough to run it hard. I truly enjoyed the exhaust note and 9k rpm engine no doubt.

I guess I just never had my fill of the TT-S when I got the 458. With the current mods and exhausts now out I just am looking for a high 120 mph trap car than can handle and be driven on a more daily basis. I have the AMG GTS but I want an AWD variant at this point. Just my personal wants I guess. I have driven a few beasts lately like the Bentley GT Speed, Aston Vanquish, and shockingly a Rolls Wraith just to see if I am at a luxury power level; I am not. I need a driver that's involving and can TURN!!

Anyone have thoughts on a vert vs a coupe? (TT-S)

Last edited by Vic55; 09-10-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:28 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wch bos
Dude, did you not see the video I posted where I ran down a 997 GT3 and a 991 GT3 at COTA on Sunday? Heck, I caught both of them in the technical parts of the track, not the straights. Drive both of these cars at the track and you won't keep the GT3. I will give the 991 GT3 the fact that it sounded nice as I blew by it. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by wrs
Dude, did you not see the video I posted where I ran down a 997 GT3 and a 991 GT3 at COTA on Sunday? Heck, I caught both of them in the technical parts of the track, not the straights. Drive both of these cars at the track and you won't keep the GT3. I will give the 991 GT3 the fact that it sounded nice as I blew by it. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on man--- we know you are madly in love with your Turbo but stock vs stock and equal driver the GT3 is the faster track car. We all know how great your car is and the numbers it puts up.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:17 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vic55
Come on man--- we know you are madly in love with your Turbo but stock vs stock and equal driver the GT3 is the faster track car. We all know how great your car is and the numbers it puts up.

I think WRS is just making the case that the Turbo runs fine on the track and is often dismissed as too fat and numb. The GT3 is the fanboy car. I have driven the new one and its great and certainly provides more feedback and life at 9k sounds fantastic.

Straight from the 911 chief engineer August Achleitner though suggests the Turbo even though different characteristics pulls a faster time with the same set of tires as the GT3.

http://blogs.motortrend.com/1411_for...g_kiinote.html

"Are the 'Ring times pretty close? Yeah, almost the same. If you change to the same tire from the GT3, the [Turbo S] lap time is faster. The car is completely different in weight and weight distribution compared to the GT3, and so this fact* -- that this tire works on the Turbo -- is interesting."

Old 09-10-2015, 11:19 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Well whatever you do end up getting next, I will be interested in seeing.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by wrs
Well whatever you do end up getting next, I will be interested in seeing.
I know and I'm on the phone with the dealer now !!!!

What are your thoughts on a convertible?

Old 09-10-2015, 11:35 AM
wrs
I know and I'm on the phone with the dealer now !!!!

What are your thoughts on a convertible?
Well if I were to get a 458 it would be the Spyder but I am not fond of rag tops which is why I don't have a F430 Spyder. In high school I had a TR3 with a rag top and in college I had a Vette with both a pop top and a rag top. One night I was on a date using the rag top in the summer and someone broke into the car by cutting through the rag top. They didn't find anything but I had to buy a new rag top. I think the Ferrari convertibles are the best non-convertible looking convertibles out there but lot's of folks here have the TTS cab and like it. However, I think it was ColdList that had one and ended up ditching it fairly quickly. Given your previous ones have all been coupe, I don't see why you wouldn't stick with coupe. I guess the big advantage for you though is you live in the land of all year round topless driving so who is to ever see the rag top up? It's good looking with the top down for sure. Grandlaker and Imcarnuts both have cabs and love them.

Last edited by wrs; 09-10-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:01 PM
wrs
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
I think WRS is just making the case that the Turbo runs fine on the track and is often dismissed as too fat and numb. The GT3 is the fanboy car. I have driven the new one and its great and certainly provides more feedback and life at 9k sounds fantastic.
Vic is part of the reason I own the 991TTS so he is just poking fun at me. He was so madly in love with his that I ended up buying one and then he dumped his about a month later. LOL!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Considering a Return to Excellence!!!