GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 or 570S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 05:54 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
I am pretty pumped. Thanks. It pulls hard and feels great. I'm taking it to Atco on 4/22. Because let's face it - who with a McLaren wouldn't go to a drag strip?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo835.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	1,001.4 KB
ID:	445138   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo884.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	445139   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo354.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	445140  
Old 04-08-2016, 06:40 AM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
As I said enzom, BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Old 04-11-2016, 02:31 AM
DannyK is on a distinguished road
Just curious; where will you mount the front license plate?

Old 04-11-2016, 02:56 AM
nache is on a distinguished road
Talking lic plate

U dont

Old 04-11-2016, 01:54 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nache
U dont
Exactly.

Old 10-28-2018, 04:37 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JesseRohr
The 570s in white is one of the most stunning vehicles I've had the pleasure of seeing in person a few times...and even as a GT3 owner I have envy when next to the guy around town. That said, I could certainly live with the "lag" of the car as the looks are certainly a trade off.

I would also entertain a CPO MP4-12c too...
I’ve owned a turbo S for five years this coming April.
Couple weeks ago I test drove a 570 S. I’ll miss that 911.

Old 10-28-2018, 04:42 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
570S while fast is a turbo and will suffer from lag/ non-linear power delivery. GT3 is your car but it is not a daily driver... Neither is the McLaren...
I would tend to disagree I don’t find one any more comfortable than the other, other than the fact that maybe the Turbo has more creature comforts in a little bit more luggage room but other than that for a 5 to 10,000 mile per year vehicle the choice is clear.

Old 10-30-2018, 11:46 AM
yxc145 is on a distinguished road
Are they in the same price point?
Just curious, does McLaren keep good value or drop like Maserati and Aston Martin?

Old 11-03-2018, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by yxc145
Are they in the same price point?
Just curious, does McLaren keep good value or drop like Maserati and Aston Martin?
They are close in price giving the 570 the edge (higher cost)
Being my first Mclaren I personally couldn’t answer that question about holding it’s value. For me personally it’s not so important because I tend to keep my cars for 4-5 yrs and expect to get significantly less than what I paid.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:48 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
My 570S is going back to Mclaren and a new GT3 is on order.

Loved the 570S...but, fragile as hell (things just fall off the car)...buggy as hell, (in 1 year of ownership, I only had the car for 2 months...the rest was repair-time), and fun as hell.

I tried it as a daily driver..like Mclaren suggests, but the car is just not up to it. My friend drove it one day and asked how to set the parking brake. I told him to pull the little switch on the left of the steering column. He reached over and pulled the light switch out. All the way onto the carpet. It fell into 4 pieces. And I saw him do it. it was a gentle tug. Every week was a new "return to Mclaren service center" warning light situation. Limp home was a "feature" not a bug.

On the "plus" side, the dealer was very nice, and the car could be both thrilling, and laid back. But it is just too "british". It is like it was designed on a friday at the pub. Anyway, I will look to pick up another one on a year or two when they work out the kinks. Love the 570 Spyder and hope they get all the problems worked out by the time I want to buy again!

Old 01-04-2019, 05:41 AM
Subzerogt3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by enzom
I posted in the 991 forum but figured I would try here. I'm trying to decide between a 15 GT3 and a new McLaren 570S. Dealers are close to me.

I finally got my dream car - a 991 Turbo - and it left me disappointed. Super fast but kind of boring on my daily low speed commute. Porsche made it such a great daily driver that it just did not feel special enough in ordinary commuting.

Picked up a Z06 with Z07 package in October. I like it, and it's fun But the car is not as sure footed as I would like - you hang on super tight when you floor it - and it is already creaking and squeaking.

Test drove a GT3 yesterday. Wow does that motor scream at 9k RPM. Car is exactly as I would have ordered it, but it is missing satellite. Drove the 570S also - super car. Really special. A bit of lag, but much more thrust that the GT3.

Part of the allure of the Z07 is the feeling of being in command of a rocket even when sitting still.

I know this is a GT3 forum but wonder what you guys think. Thanks.
I’ve had both, get the GT3 for its superior fit and finish, reliability, and connection to the driver. Got rid of the 570, still have the GT3.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:10 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
You made a great choice, beside Mac's losing their value faster than a Porsche GT3, the Mac is the best way to go if you was to go fast or if you are wanting to feel like a super car. Enjoy!!!!

Old 01-15-2019, 01:13 PM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
The OP had the 570s, traded it for a 650, then traded for now a 720s. I am quite sure he gets bonus points for taking it back to the same dealer... It's what I would do.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by 993Godspeed
The OP had the 570s, traded it for a 650, then traded for now a 720s. I am quite sure he gets bonus points for taking it back to the same dealer... It's what I would do.
And the OP (me) just got a 2018 GT3 to scratch the itch and keep the 720S company.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Should have just bought the GT3 and 720S from the start!
Doesn't sound like $ is / was the issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 or 570S