GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 or 570S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 11:29 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
GT3 or 570S

I posted in the 991 forum but figured I would try here. I'm trying to decide between a 15 GT3 and a new McLaren 570S. Dealers are close to me.

I finally got my dream car - a 991 Turbo - and it left me disappointed. Super fast but kind of boring on my daily low speed commute. Porsche made it such a great daily driver that it just did not feel special enough in ordinary commuting.

Picked up a Z06 with Z07 package in October. I like it, and it's fun But the car is not as sure footed as I would like - you hang on super tight when you floor it - and it is already creaking and squeaking.

Test drove a GT3 yesterday. Wow does that motor scream at 9k RPM. Car is exactly as I would have ordered it, but it is missing satellite. Drove the 570S also - super car. Really special. A bit of lag, but much more thrust that the GT3.

Part of the allure of the Z07 is the feeling of being in command of a rocket even when sitting still.

I know this is a GT3 forum but wonder what you guys think. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:59 PM
StPatsDay will become famous soon enoughStPatsDay will become famous soon enough
I think you're either a turbo car fan or not. The 570 is marvelous. But it has lag. New GT3 is connected in every way; totally telepathic IMHO. You have a Z06 for total boost and raw power-- can you keep it and add something different?

Good luck. Two great cars, you can't go wrong.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:09 AM
JesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud of
The 570s in white is one of the most stunning vehicles I've had the pleasure of seeing in person a few times...and even as a GT3 owner I have envy when next to the guy around town. That said, I could certainly live with the "lag" of the car as the looks are certainly a trade off.

I would also entertain a CPO MP4-12c too...

Old 03-15-2016, 11:36 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Maybe you need the new 911R - yummy

Old 03-15-2016, 12:58 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
570S while fast is a turbo and will suffer from lag/ non-linear power delivery. GT3 is your car but it is not a daily driver... Neither is the McLaren...

Old 03-15-2016, 01:21 PM
bumpinjeep is on a distinguished road
If you're looking for exclusivity and an exotic feel, get the 570 S. If you're looking for that but want a daily driver, get the upcoming 570 GT.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:25 PM
jkl
jkl is on a distinguished road
I test drove the 570S yesterday, and it was fun! The transmission is amazingly quick in its shifts. I didn't notice the lag that others have commented on, but my test drive was not that extensive. I personally love the way it looks, but someday prefer the understated style of the GT3.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:32 PM
jmmitias is on a distinguished road
I am a fan of Mclaren and their performance. They were princes at the Geneva Auto Show. They look great and their performance cannot be faulted, their fit and finish is still not up to Porsche or Ferrari. I don't think you will go wrong with either and my bet the McLaren will feel more special even though I am a total Porsche gomer.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:30 AM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
I did not even bother with Mclaren in Geneva

If it is a "special feeling" to the outside world that moves you, go with the Mclaren. If you want the driving to be special, you need a GT3.

I prefer the GT3 RS. I was seriously disappointed that Porsche did not have one GT car in Geneva. Sure, the R is nice, but still...

Old 03-24-2016, 03:43 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
So I went with the McLaren. I thought it was time to try something new and more exotic. The GT3 was great, but I listened to quite a few McLaren owners who have or had GT3's, and they seemed to be of the same view - GT3 is great, but the 570S is special. Picking it up on Saturday. Excited. If anyone wants a perfect 16 Shark Gray/Kalahari Z07, stop by McLaren of Bergen County next week. 😄

Old 03-24-2016, 04:45 PM
oldfool is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by enzom
So I went with the McLaren. I thought it was time to try something new and more exotic. The GT3 was great, but I listened to quite a few McLaren owners who have or had GT3's, and they seemed to be of the same view - GT3 is great, but the 570S is special. Picking it up on Saturday. Excited. If anyone wants a perfect 16 Shark Gray/Kalahari Z07, stop by McLaren of Bergen County next week. 😄
Have fun! Would like to hear more about your 570s when you get some miles on it.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by oldfool
Have fun! Would like to hear more about your 570s when you get some miles on it.
Thanks. Will enjoy and report.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:12 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
I recently went through the same dilemma coming from a 991 C4S. I test drove both and have to say that while the looks of the 570s are drop dead gorgeous, the drive was not what I was expecting. Great car don't get me wrong and it may be the next one but not at the moment.

So, in short, I ended up with the GT3 this past weekend - CPO 2014. The engine sings at 9k but that's not want is interesting for me. It was the rawness of the experience with the engine and drive train noises at rest - intoxicating!!!

Old 04-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by ae911
I recently went through the same dilemma coming from a 991 C4S. I test drove both and have to say that while the looks of the 570s are drop dead gorgeous, the drive was not what I was expecting. Great car don't get me wrong and it may be the next one but not at the moment.

So, in short, I ended up with the GT3 this past weekend - CPO 2014. The engine sings at 9k but that's not want is interesting for me. It was the rawness of the experience with the engine and drive train noises at rest - intoxicating!!!
Congrats and enjoy. Great car that GT3. If it wasn't, my decision would not have been so hard.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:13 PM
StPatsDay will become famous soon enoughStPatsDay will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by enzom
enzom that's awesome. You have to be pumped. Congrats!

post pics when u can

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 or 570S